• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online General Discussion/Q&A Thread #4

It isn't a random number, it's what the narration stated:
The Knight Commander Bercouli stood still as he raised his beloved sword.

Before him, there yawned an enormous chasm in the earth, over a hundred mel wide. He gazed far towards the horizon to his left and right, but there was no end to be seen. The depth was unpredictable; bits of rock here and there dropped into the abyss, yet no sign of impact against the bottom reached his ears.

Tens of seconds ago, this rift in the earth did not exist.

From the sky, variegated rays of color had poured down with a grandiose harmony, and as they touched the ground, it began to fracture.

There is absolutely no way to trigger such a groundbreaking change, not with one thousand Ascetics, or even ten thousand Ascetics. Perhaps not even the Highest Minister Administrator herself.

This is the power of a God, a holy act.

I feel like you informed me of this but then I forgot and you forgot to reinform me

Either way, one, I think Mel is another real world measurement entirely, two

H

Mel is meters in Underworld language. Just like how Cen is also centimeters in Underworld language.

Yeah, in fact, mel seems to be a common alternate way to spell meter in fantasy settings, since I've seen other novels using it to mean 1 meter.

... I remember it being square meters but I guess I'm just not correct

Oof, well, guess that's another calc. Should maybe be easier for you at least, since that split is the same one in the LN.

So, 6-C for Goddesses, and Kirito and Vector's Low-End will possibly become High 6-B...

Also, what are thoughts about the Moon Cradle feats I presented?

That is like... I can't say it's the exact opposite because Kirito would be upgraded to Low 6-B (and should just be outright 4-B but eh)

But like, no

And also the calc is apparently vastly overexaggerated and if not for the fact FANDOM broke editing on mobile, I'd have fixed the calc right after you said that

Honestly that seems fine.

Normal Alicization People: 10-C to 10-A

People in the Sword Mastery Academy: 9-C to 9-B

Integrity Knights: At least 9-B physically, 8-C+ w/ Enhance Armament, 8-A w/ Release Recollection

Administrator/Super Accounts: At least 9-B physically, 7-C w/ Sacred Arts/Super Account Power

NSS-Empowered Kirito/Incarnation-Empowered Gabriel: High 6-B to 4-B

Star King Kirito/Star Queen Asuna: 4-A

Do we finally have everything to start the revision?

Why High 6-B?

Shaking the earth is Low 6-B

And even then I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that yes the 4-B rating is valid

Last thing we need is to calc the shaking the area around Kirito n' stuff when fighting the Abyssal Horror, cause the "universe shaking" thing is from an unreliable narrator.

... the calc already addresses the localized area

That's why it's flat 4-A now, just lower on the scale

Really? I was thinking more it only shook as far as the two girls can see rather than an a singular galaxy or solar system, which would obviously be bigger than what someone can see in their view.

Really? I was thinking more it only shook as far as the two girls can see rather than an a singular galaxy or solar system, which would obviously be bigger than what someone can see in their view.
The girls said that all the stars around them were "rippling like water" from the clash.

Yeah, but I don't think we can assume those ripples went as far as an entire solar system or galaxy.

Oh, just a solar system

Which I'm pretty sure is not going to go beyond 4-B so like

That's what I've been saying though...? I'm not saying only one or two stars are being shaken. It's all the stars she can see only. There's no proof that there's shaking beyond what she can see. So yeah, hundreds, possibly thousands of stars are being shaken, but that still doesn't encompass an entire solar system, much less galaxy or an entire universe.

Edit: And to respond to DMUA, we don't need the feat to be 4-B. It would just be a feat to compliment the statement on how Kirito as he is currently is comparable to his previous peak in power (4-B) and Gabriel's peak in power (also 4-B). He was being super casual in that fight anyways, so it makes sense.

A solar system is just one star and a few planets, dude. Did you mean nebula?

And also, please imagine the distance between one star and another. It is certainly beyond simple solar system distances.

Last edited:
Man I suck at cosmology. Would all the stars in the night sky that someone can see really be as big as a galaxy though?

Okay so

It was rippling across the stars, is the idea? So, Alpha Centari to the sun as the new distance?

Whatever the distance is between the stars that someone could see in their view.

Well that's probably even greater than Alpha Centari but without that basis we'd just be throwing around random numbers so, alright, I guess I could edit for that

Hmmm... okay, but SK Kirito should be at least stronger than this time when he was powered by the world. How about 4-B, possibly higher?

There's too much verbosity on explaining why the universe shaking isn't actually universe shaking

At that point it would probably be better to just remove the feat, or say they sent ripples across the nearby stars

Sounds fine. This means that we can finally post the revision thread. Can anyone check it and see if there needs to be any last minute changes?

I really don't like using arbitrary difficulty jumps to justify higher tiers, I'd stick to 56 for High 8-C and leave most stuff at an unknown, but way higher than 9-B

I also swear I remember there being a more major feat in GGO you brought up once but I pretty much entirely ignored it and whatever potential ratings it had

On the note of GGO, wasn't the Hypersonic+ feat super exaggerated in the anime, when it's supposed to just be an advanced form of aimdodging by all descriptions?

Need the scans for GGO. Also there was that scene where Death Gun's sniper rifle destroyed a large metal pillar that looked akin to a skyscraper, so no idea.

I will change the Aincrad stuff to Unknown though. Bullbous Bow was calced to be 9-A right? We can just have Floor 1 be 9-C to 9-B, Floor 2 be 9-A, then Unknown for the rest until Floor 50-56 (cause 50 isn't that far off from 56 anyways), which will be High 8-C.

I don't read this nonsense how am I supposed to get scans I figured you'd have insight

I feel like something could have a measurement extracted out of it on that end but I dunno

that does need to be on a blog even if I'm still mentally reeling from the stated measurements directly contradicting size comparisons and I doubt the remedy of "actually it's length" helps at all but

I meant that I'm going to find the scans reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Should I make the blog or should you? Also I'm thinking instead of Unknown, put At least 9-A or At least 9-A, likely higher.

Back