• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online General Discussion/Q&A Thread #4

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
The very first Sword Art Online discussion thread on the new forum. For those new, welcome! This thread is to discuss and answer everything Sword Art Online, aiming to both make the profiles as accurate as possible and to clear up any questions that the anime may have left off in adaptation.

References:
To-Do:
  • Decide whether shaking the world is 6-C or Low 6-B for the characters who scale, and if some are 6-C and some are Low 6-B, then which characters will be in those tiers.
  • Calc Asuna's terrain destruction feats.
  • Add more characters.
  • Wait for the Sword Art Online: Progressive anime to come out.
  • Discuss!
latest

Last edited:
Before I make the CRT, we need to get the 6-C and Low 6-B thing down first.

My idea is that Kirito and Gabriel are the only Low 6-Bs, since A: Kirito is pretty much powered by the world, and B: Gabriel over the course of the war grew increasingly stronger in terms of Incarnation, absorbing the Incarnation of everyone he fought (including Kirito). The 6-Cs will be the God Accounts and Administrator/Cardinal, since we have clear statements of Asuna being able to create and destroy terrain into the horizon, but that's her limit.

Should probably get that calc'd. The ability to create a ravine all the way to the horizon from one's current position. Something about the size of what she made in the anime would be a good starting point. Maybe calc that and other feats we see. Even though the anime comes second to the LN, we can still use anime scenes as reference.

Actually, this can just be the thread to end all threads

There's no 500 limit, it just creates another page to save loading time past 100 posts

Cool, what's the 4-A scaling thing again? And I also want to get the 6-C/Low 6-B thing settled first before I post my CRT.

I remember it had to do with whether or not Alice scales to Kirito and Asuna for being notably involved in killing the Abyssal Horror. Kinda sucks that the monster itself wasn't really detailed on even in the light novel.
Someone have the calc blog for the 4A feat? The anime was such ass in being unable to depict that part :\

All it does is prove that was probably a hyperbole

then again the entire scene with the abyssal horror felt like it was missing a mountain of context behind it

Also h

Yeah, tons of context was lost from the LN, but it was still clear that the stars were basically rippling all around them, which is at least a clear feat from the LN, even if shaking the universe is hyperbole.

Oh yeah, that could also work for downgrades: the POV of the narrator. If it's in first person, then of course there could be some flavory stuff, and the POV of the Abyssal Horror scene was in the space girls' POVs. Of course they wouldn't know that the entire universe was shaking, that's just what they saw.

As for Kirito and Asuna shaking the world in their respective scenes, someone should probably check the scans to see whether they're in reliable POVs or not. Asuna still gets her clear terrain splitting feat though (which still needs to be calc'd, both as it was shown in the anime and using the statement where she can split terrain up to the horizon).

I could probably calc the split pretty easily via KE but probably not today

Or awhile given I'm drowsy right now and very behind on school

Yeah, maybe it's possible to calc how many stars one can see in space too, or how far out it would go in a radius or something. Seems less wank that way.

Just assuming a multistellar distance probably wouldn't even break 4-B, actually

Ye, though at the same time we have him absorbing 100,000 stars, so we can have SK just be comparable to that feat and the "universe shaking" can just be a supporting feat.

Tbh, if the universe shaking thing was based off purely a single POV's take, then I feel like the downgrades may have to be in play. Then again, I'm not sure if the LN clarifies things, either (Sorry, didn't read the LN myself yet :[ ).

Definitely remember it being in the POVs of the two girls piloting their ships, so if anything it's third person limited. That means yeah, probably would have to downgrade to something like only shaking the stars around them.

It's still pretty much in the ballpark, and plus it's when he wasn't even using the NSS' Release Recollection iirc, so he could still of course be stronger with that. If the new calc results in something lower, then we can still just say 4-B with the Night Sky Sword's Release Recollection, with the justification being it should not be any weaker than when he used it against Gabriel.

Plus we don't even have confirmation that he keeps the power whenever he uses Release Recollection, and judging by how he didn't just heal the dragons in the scene, rather opting to reverse their age - unlike what he did with all the Human Realm empire peeps - he probably did use up that power stored in the NSS.

Oh yeah,

Can we get an image of the split relative to the world? I remember that being a thing.

Here ya go:
unknown.png

Also I should probably get the LN scans for that too.

I remember it being like, actually notable on the worldmap

Might be exaggeration but, just looking at that doesn't seem anything past Tier 8

which seems really wack considering Asuna has a Goddess account

That's the one where she created a huge ravine to get those fighter peeps across. Meanwhile, here's the excerpt from Bercouli's POV:
The Knight Commander Bercouli stood still as he raised his beloved sword.

Before him, there yawned an enormous chasm in the earth, over a hundred mel wide. He gazed far towards the horizon to his left and right, but there was no end to be seen. The depth was unpredictable; bits of rock here and there dropped into the abyss, yet no sign of impact against the bottom reached his ears.

Tens of seconds ago, this rift in the earth did not exist.

From the sky, variegated rays of color had poured down with a grandiose harmony, and as they touched the ground, it began to fracture.

There is absolutely no way to trigger such a groundbreaking change, not with one thousand Ascetics, or even ten thousand Ascetics. Perhaps not even the Highest Minister Administrator herself.

This is the power of a God, a holy act.
And this is the map where she made that other feat:
latest

Can I get the full map of the underworld, or is this stuff not included on that and I just kinda have to scale something of note from the full map, then scale the split to that, finally get the volume and thereby how much mass needs to be moved overall

That should work well enough

... That said I do have another request to take care of, it is starting to tip into late night so I shouldn't invest myself in too many sleep consuming projects, so ugh

At least I have the information

Link it here when you're done I guess. Meanwhile, after I finish this exam, I'm going to check if Kirito's POV was in third person omniscient or not (though I'm pretty sure it was in Kirito's POV). Checking Asuna's POV, it seemed to be in third person limited, so that shaking the world feat isn't viable. Likely none of them are, so we'll probably have to scale "powered by the world"/NSS Release Recollection Kirito to Asuna's feats, since he would at least have that much power plus the collective souls of everyone (it is stated that Kirito is pretty much overloading Gabriel with the souls of everyone).

That sounds like an adventure of its own

Also this makes me realize I have the split calc to do, eventually

I mean it probably could be one, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The thing I'd need for the go-ahead to start a Gameverse Kirito profile is other peeps who have actually played SAO Gameverse.

I think the other guys have been at least thinking about it and talking about feats from gameverse but I don't remember if any actual sandbox was made for him

I should also probably start groups for Lost Planet and Strike the Blood, since I plan on making profiles for characters from those verses.
I have a very basic understanding of the overall power of the Lost Planet series (or not if my powerscaling is debunked), but I need to catch up on Strike the Blood and its OVAs before I can start determining what the cast's tier there is.

Last edited:
But I digress...
Anyway, "Low 6-B, possibly 4-B" gang
I wonder if someone was able to calc "6-A, possibly 4-B"

... You know, I have entirely forgone asking how deep the hole was described to be and now I feel dumb

It's stated that even Bercouli wasn't able to hear anything when rocks fell down the hole, so I guess that could be a frame of reference.

You have no idea how much agony I received from said frame of reference but 100 meters is ago there

Just look over the anime's time frame of it, but it seems like 3 seconds yeah.

You can try calcing the 100 meter wide split one instead if this doesn't seem too accurate.

that's like, a random number though

I could probably just, fetch something from the anime to anglesize the gap with, but

Well that's another time and it's 12 am what am I doing with my life

Back