• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supporters / Opponents (or Like / Dislike) sections for FC/OC verses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst comes to worst we can do a 3 strike your out on this. 1st time if it goes to far we can overlook or close it. 2nd time might be a removal and inquire a short ban if it was that bad, as well as a warning to never bring it up again.

If 3 flame wars (between different people in each case) we remove the Dislike section of that verse, simple. Minimal effort for a perons (or people) that cause trouble. Also I've seen very few instances of bad blood here. I think this wiki's users are nice and fair to eachother, if not a little distant.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Also, i think what Talon said does perfectly make sense. As FC/OC isn't just a place where you can make your own characters and bring out those ideas, it should also be a place where people can develop them through comments of criticism or whatever.

At least this way, and though i do find it odd for the idea of an opponents section being used by people who may not like something but also grant stuff to explain why, i do feel it's about as best as we can get with this.

If anything and if this doesn't work out for all of us as a whole community, we can just scrape this out. Though it might hurt some others who wanted to show their support/like for a particular verse and all but still.....
While I feel my proposition for the opposed to a verse can be viewed as a little unorthodox, it would still help the creator recognize flaws in their fiction without having to go out of the way of asking people what they think.

Same as Fil. Once again as i said earlier, we could have this being opitional to anyone who does in fact do this.

@Hop: Hmm. I suppose we can do that, yes. Like if they were just there for the sake of being there or even just to spite the creator, we take it out. If done again, we can give them a warning to never repeat it again. 3rd time and then it's just giving them a ban and overall removing that dislike section. Which is totally fine by me.

@Fil It's either we have a support/opposed section or we simply don't have anything regarding opinions on a verse at all.

We want to avoid having the mentality of "keep opinions to yourself", because then we get nowhere.

The comments section seems to be fine enough, now that i think about it. But having something like this is another good extension if anything...

SoyHop said:
Worst comes to worst we can do a 3 strike your out on this. 1st time if it goes to far we can overlook or close it. 2nd time might be a removal and inquire a short ban if it was that bad, as well as a warning to never bring it up again.
If 3 flame wars (between different people in each case) we remove the Dislike section of that verse, simple. Minimal effort for a perons (or people) that cause trouble. Also I've seen very few instances of bad blood here. I think this wiki's users are nice and fair to eachother, if not a little distant.
From what I've observed, yeah. The community here is quite nice.

The idea could certainly work and would go miles to making these Verses seem real. But there has to be a proper way of controlling this. I also think that creators should be able to choose whether or not their Verse(s) can have supporters/haters. And they shouldn't be able to just edit a page in a Verse the like/dislike, but instead give ideas to the creators.

That's just my opinion, though :)

PS: I'd be happy for my Verse to have supporters/haters.

I am firmly in favor of letting the individual choose. I have (and will hopefully will continue to have) a Supporter/Neutral/Opponent section for all my verses here.

Alright.

Well this is just more of asking what others think we should go with this. Things like how to control this, not really sure atm...

@Flourine: Nice, man. :)

Well you did say it yourseilf that it's up to the creator of their verse here to decide weather they want to make that section or not so.....

Even though the opponents section is optional, I strongly recommend it.

Criticism is a good thing. It helps you tell what is right and wrong ...most of the time, atleast. It may even help you create a verse that is actually pretty cool to read.

I'm not forcing anybody to put it but I highly recommend it.

Of course, saying straight insults to the creator/author (such as calling them idiots or *******) is a no-no.

Xanix said:
Criticism is a good thing. It helps you tell what is right and wrong ...most of the time, atleast. It may even help you create a verse that is actually pretty cool to read.

Of course, saying straight insults to the creator/author (such as calling them idiots or *******) is a no-no.
^This

Xanix said:

Well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back