• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is time a type 3 concept?

Lately I've had the craziest idea

Clock representing time ( random image )

To begin with, if there is a place where the concept of time has ceased to exist or the concept of space-time has ceased to exist, can I assume that time itself is a concept in this verse? Since it literally mentions that there is "no concept of time or space-time"

According to @DontTalkDT time is a type 3 concept, I'm wondering if we can scale time as a type 3 concept for this verse, remembering that it's mentioned that time is a concept according to verse and it has mentions of
being one

Lately I've had the craziest idea

Clock representing time ( random image )

To begin with, if there is a place where the concept of time has ceased to exist or the concept of space-time has ceased to exist, can I assume that time itself is a concept in this verse? Since it literally mentions that there is "no concept of time or space-time"

According to @DontTalkDT time is a type 3 concept, I'm wondering if we can scale time as a type 3 concept for this verse, remembering that it's mentioned that time is a concept according to verse and it has mentions of
being one

Type 3 concepts are for those which haven't been explained/defined or which are highly specific

Concept of space and time is explicit, it won't be 3

Y'all are massively misunderstanding what a concept is.

"Concept" here means abstract ideas that define reality and how it works, time by its own isn't a concept in the VBW way. It's like asking "is the universe a concept", which obviously isn't the case (and time is just a part of the universe, mind you).

Aka nothing by its own is a pure concept, just that they have their own concept. Like the Earth has a concept due to it being something we can visualize as an idea, it doesn't mean the Earth by itself is purely conceptual, and time here is the same.

So it would be 2 right iirc concept of time is a direct type 2
This would depend on how it interacts with the objects it governs in the verse , if for example destroying time itself also removes the concept of time then it would be type 2, if the concept of time exists even if toke itself is destroyed then type 1, but I assume the defacto grouping would be type 2 unless concepts of time and space have a fixed appropriation in this site
She said time is a type 3 concept, wait for her to respond.
"If there is no explanation". If you're asking what I believe you're asking then the concept was tied to a place, not of the mind or a mental landscape, it's not type 3

Y'all are massively misunderstanding what a concept is.

"Concept" here means abstract ideas that define reality and how it works, time by its own isn't a concept in the VBW way. It's like asking "is the universe a concept", which obviously isn't the case (and time is just a part of the universe, mind you).

Aka nothing by its own is a pure concept, just that they have their own concept. Like the Earth has a concept due to it being something we can visualize as an idea, it doesn't mean the Earth by itself is purely conceptual, and time here is the same.
He's not asking if time itself is a type 3 concept but if the concept of time is type 3

He's not asking if time itself is a type 3 concept but if the concept of time is type 3
It seemed to me that way. Like, it seemed like asking "in this alt. universe there's no concept of humanity, does it mean in the verse humanity is a concept", like...

It seemed to me that way. Like, it seemed like asking "in this alt. universe there's no concept of humanity, does it mean in the verse humanity is a concept", like...
I just shrugged that off as him rewording it in a weird way, the thread he hyperlinked was referring to the concept of time and such. I read it as hon asking if a statement saying "the concept of time is no longer here" then time as a concept (rather than regular time) can be added to the verse and which type it was

But I case I am wrong and if he's asking if just time itself would be a concept then obviously not.

This is not so, because the verse treats time as a concept that shapes reality, that's all, each verse works differently with concepts and this verse works with the concept of time.

I just shrugged that off as him rewording it in a weird way, the thread he hyperlinked was referring to the concept of time and such. I read it as hon asking if a statement saying "the concept of time is no longer here" then time as a concept (rather than regular time) can be added to the verse and which type it was

But I case I am wrong and if he's asking if just time itself would be a concept then obviously not.
Like, multiverse is quite different, time is treated as an abstract concept and its presence shapes the entire multiverse, in which case there are some places with no concept of time and no concept of space-time, something like that.

What i mean is that this verse treats time as a concept, i saw that DT mentioned that time is a type 3 concept with no explanation.

Like, multiverse is quite different, time is treated as an abstract concept and its presence shapes the entire multiverse, in which case there are some places with no concept of time and no concept of space-time, something like that.

What i mean is that this verse treats time as a concept, i saw that DT mentioned that time is a type 3 concept with no explanation.
It would be at least type 2, as space and time are not highly specific and the verse shows that the concepts affects a place rather than just making a passive comment on it

It would be at least type 2, as space and time are not highly specific and the verse shows that the concepts affects a place rather than just making a passive comment on it
Exactly, i think I'll wait for comments from the team and make a crt to add this to the back.

He’s asking if Zeno can get conceptual erasure for being able to erasure the space that is said to not have a concept of space or time.

He’s asking if Zeno can get conceptual erasure for being able to erasure the space that is said to not have a concept of space or time.
I like how you immediately default to him wanting to upgrade a DB character off a random question just because he’s a DB fan.

(Which I’d wager 70 percent of the wiki is) is anyone asking a question about anything talking in reference to DB lol?

I like how you immediately default to him wanting to upgrade a DB character off a random question just because he’s a DB fan.
Almost anytime someone makes questions like that is because there's a verse that falls in the situation that they never want to explicitly show (until CRT comes ofc), and then they use the question thread as a supportive thing.

So I can't blame them.

(Which I’d wager 70 percent of the wiki is) is anyone asking a question about anything talking in reference to DB lol?
I’m a DB fan and I want a straight answer because I’ll make the CRT if no one else will

Almost anytime someone makes questions like that is because there's a verse that falls in the situation that they never want to explicitly show (until CRT comes ofc), and then they use the question thread as a supportive thing.

So I can't blame them.
Ninja tactics

I’m a DB fan and I want a straight answer because I’ll make the CRT if no one else will
lIfTxFz.jpeg

Back