• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Pre-Crisis) vs Superboy-Prime

Thats uh...that's actually pretty tough. Superman has way more abilities, so he takes versatility, but SBP is resistant to a lot of the better ones. Both are capable fighters and have long lists of encounters, but I think Superman is slightly more experienced, both by being older and having more comic adventures under his belt. SBP is so ruthless though, like, comicly so, but Superman is tough enough to take what most others can't.

Think I am gonna give a slight edge to good ol Pre-Crisis Superman for now. He seems to edge out in versatility and experience.

I'm going with Superman here. He is a far more experienced fighter than SBP, and is far smarter as well (Supergenius to SBP's high school education). Superboy Prime relies on his physical strength mostly, so he will run into difficulty facing someone as strong as him, smarter, and a better fighter.

@PaChi2: It says on his profile that he can invent new superpowers.

@Sethisbest: Can you be more thorough with your reasoning?

Pre Crisis Superman can invent new abilities, but assuming he could invent anything he needs may fall in to an NLF. I am not sure the extent of his ability to come up with powers, though he does have a lot.

I was asking you (OP) if you restrict or not that ability from PC, sorry if you misunderstood. Voting for him if he isnt restricted.

Superman seems to be evenly matched or exceeding Superboy Prime in nearly everything. I think this is a pretty clean with for Superman.

@PaChi2: Do you think if I did restrict it, SBP has a much better chance? It seems that this battle is pretty one-sided judging by the consensus, and I'd rather it be as even as possible as those type of matches make it more interesting.

Also, does anyone think if speed were unequalized, it'd even things out, or is it an utter blitz for SBP?

@Meleenium well, yeah, it would be fairer, but still, the points given for PC are his superior intelligence and experience, its not one-sided, its just that PC wins 7/10.

I agree, Its not one sided, just definitive based off a few things. Speed being unequal would probably be a blitz, I don't really know PC Supermans numbers, but I do know SBPs is like, the second highest measured speed on this site, and that was when he didn't have his boost.

So now 4 votes for PC Supes. There's a vote for SBP, but there isn't really any reasoning behind it, so I don't know if it counts.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Definitely Pre-Crisis Superman. He's got a lot more feats under his belt, he's a helluva lot smarter than Superboy Prime is, and could easily find a way to trick him. He's got a lot more experience fighting and defeating beings of similar powers to himself, and he's got pretty decent martial arts abilities and has managed to have a decent enough fight with Muhammad Ali, despite being under Red Sun Radiation, thus being as vulnerable as a normal person.

But you also have to remember that Superboy Prime's 3-A form is limited, and eventually will go away, as it almost did in the monarch fight. So if Pre-Crisis can beat him down long enough, eventually Superboy Prime will become vunlerable enought for Pre-Crisis to one shot.

Which is kinda cathartic, as the real version of Superman beats up the whiny incompetent pretender Superman, and reminds him of what it means to be a hero.

Well that's 5 votes, no objections really.

And with light of more recent feats that show Pre-Crisis Superman fighting more consistently with Universe level beings on a more regular basis, i think it's pretty obvious that Pre-Crisis wins.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Pre-Crisis is still going on? o_O
I think he just meant recent additions to his profile.

Though, Convergence did have silver age kryptonian running around and Post Crisis Superman teaming up with Pre Crisis Supergirl (along with Barry Allen and Parralax) to prevent the original crisis. So there is, presumably, at least one silver age kryptonian wondering around the multiverse again.

So somewhere out in the infinite realities that now encompass the DC Multiverse... a Pre-Crisis Superman is using some new bullshit power to shower a universe with rainbows and cotton candy.

We will never be safe.

I also have to go with Pre-Crisis Superman for his experience alone.

Fun fact: This is actually a really good match-up due to Superboy-Prime actually being modeled after Pre-Crisis Superman if he was evil and in the Post-Crisis continuity.

Great match.

Welp... 8 votes in, i think this a pretty comfortable win.

Maybe get a mod to double check if this is legit to put on the pages or not.

Silver Age win, he is a better fighter, had more combat experience and for be smarter.

They may be on par in raw power and physical stats, but Pre Crisis should still triumph.

Back