• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
-Paper Mario conceptual paint
I might be a bit behind but why wasn’t the conceptual manip added? Was it just a lack of attention to the CRT or was it debunked? Sorry if this has already been answered.

Also isn’t Mario capable of entering a “another plane of existence” via Huey’s statement to cut obstacles out of his way in Color Splash? I believe he does something similar in Sticker Star too.

main-qimg-6c73680316c5255673934b0f39857ebe-lq

New Luigi meme face.

I'm just gonna focus on Super Paper Mario for now.

*It will take several days for me to research.
Yeah I would definitely look through SPM because with the major storyline of that game, there’s bound to be something that we haven’t found or considered yet (likely concerning the pure hearts, the void, etc) I think we mostly have all the power ups from that game covered though I could be wrong.

I remember there being some OP stuff in terms of power ups in the M and L games. Mainly stuff the badges, battle cards, and gear have like: probability manip/supernatural luck, statistics amplification, instant resurrection or healing upon getting KO’D or getting low on health , force field generation, transmutation (Instantly turning opponents into mushrooms or goombas), power nullification/Statistics reduction (There’s a battle card that decreases the LVL their opponent’s is at), etc.

Working on my Bowser rework and began jotting down a rough list for what his paper version would get once the split for mainline & paper mario goes through. Paper Bowser even with all his optional equipment still has noticeably less abilities than base Bowser from the mainline games lmao. I knew mainline would have more innate abilities due to having a ton more games to work with but I wasn't expecting Paper Bowser to have less even with all his extra equipment, at least not to a noticeable extent.

Quick question about Mario & Luigi bosses, do we consider them exploding into nothing when defeated in battle and just being hurt the next scene an example of regen? I'm asking this because I'm working on Popple's profile and was gonna give him Mid-High regen but I wanna know the consensus from everyone else before I add it.

Quick question about Mario & Luigi bosses, do we consider them exploding into nothing when defeated in battle and just being hurt the next scene an example of regen? I'm asking this because I'm working on Popple's profile and was gonna give him Mid-High regen but I wanna know the consensus from everyone else before I add it.
Honestly I would say yes, but I’d have a better understanding of everyones common consensus of it just to be sure no one’s against it.

Also a Popple profile sounds GOATED

Don't think so, it's just a fancy defeat animation common in rpgs, Mario and Luigi aren't actually causing their opponents to just explode in the exact same way without a trace only for all of them to completely regenerate a few seconds later without so much as a mention from anyone about how they just regenerated. Without actual in game acknowledgment of them recovering from being blown to almost nothing (Or canon sources like accepted guides) I don't think we can say there's actual regen for Popple or most other bosses.

Honestly I would say yes, but I’d have a better understanding of everyones common consensus of it just to be sure no one’s against it.

Also a Popple profile sounds GOATED
I made it a few days ago, see?
Don't think so, it's just a fancy defeat animation common in rpgs, Mario and Luigi aren't actually causing their opponents to just explode in the exact same way without a trace only for all of them to completely regenerate a few seconds later without so much as a mention from anyone about how they just regenerated. Without actual in game acknowledgment of them recovering from being blown to almost nothing (Or canon sources like accepted guides) I don't think we can say there's actual regen for Popple or most other bosses.
Noted, I'll remove regeneration from his profile.

Because I'm the Puzzle and Dragons guy, I wanted to ask: Is 'Puzzle and Dragons, Super Mario Edition' considered for our Mario profiles?

I remember a thread for adding powers from the game, but we also went through a phase of questioning what canon even is for the Mario profiles. I was curious where they stand since it's an odd crossover.

Because I'm the Puzzle and Dragons guy, I wanted to ask: Is 'Puzzle and Dragons, Super Mario Edition' considered for our Mario profiles?

I remember a thread for adding powers from the game, but we also went through a phase of questioning what canon even is for the Mario profiles. I was curious where they stand since it's an odd crossover.
I put stuff from Puzzle and Dragons, Super Mario Edition on Magikoopas profile and no one has said anything so ig its fine.

Interesting. As long as it's approved.

I was just curious what we consider it at this point. I am trying to wrangle the canon side of PAD right now, and wasn't sure how much would be applicable to the Mario profiles.

Scaling, obviously a big no.

From what I can tell Tamadra is there and that is pretty much the only direct reference to PAD to my knowledge

Well that and the influx of Orbs from the PAD verse, but cross scaling rules are weird, wouldn't know how much we could/should use when it comes to that.

They are the verse's power system, but I thought Tamadra mentioned jumping universes at one point with the Orbs.

Regardless, seems to have answered my question on what the situation is with the game.

Question, what is everyone's current stance on the possibility of a few fodder varying from 8-C to at most 3-C?

Back