• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Mario Bros. Movie Discussion Thread

You know I just realized, Mario's all about his physicality. Jumping & such, especially throwing Bowser by the tail.

How are they gonna make him physically match Bowser while following typical movie logic?

I imagine like, early plot will have Mario (& maybe Luigi.) meet & lose horribly lose to Bowser.

I doubt there'll be a training arc.

So what, is he only going to pull it off with a Power Star? Or will it be like, what, Bowser has one, but Mario only pulls it off with all the Power Stars everyone he helped was somehow hiding when Bowser's forces invaded their lands?
Original Paper Mario style? I like it.

Just watched the new trailer, it's way better than the first one. And also, Donkey Kong is actually going to be in this movie? And Peach looks like she's not even going to just be a damsel in distress like she is in the games, she's gonna kick ass in this movie.

Just watched the new trailer, it's way better than the first one. And also, Donkey Kong is actually going to be in this movie? And Peach looks like she's not even going to just be a damsel in distress like she is in the games, she's gonna kick ass in this movie.
Yeah seth rogan is dk

So damn we'll have around a tier 8 maybe potentially tier 7 or higher mario if bowser destroys like any of the galaxies or is like considered a threat to the universe

Trailer was peak fiction, I have no complaints with the obvious exception of Chris Pratt as Mario.

Man doesn't even sound like he's trying. Everything else tho, absolutely perfect. Glad they remembered to make Bowser hot.

New trailer and plenty of posters that can be used for renders and we literally get it confirmed that this entire place is a full universe and the worlds are galaxies

This was ******* hype as shit
I have two predictions:
  1. There will be a sequel hook with Rosalina.
  2. This movie will either make fans rage or win at least one Oscar

New ad references the old super show:

I'm somewhat glad they're placing their original backstory on Brooklyn after so long (Albano and Wells would be proud back at the heavens). There's more easter eggs (already expanding from a insanely huge amount, they're going all-out; doesn't help that it's actually coming in a Easter month), especially in a recent website (and a working phone number, not kidding - gotta love marketing).
  • Apparently, Peach's actor in Super Show voiced the lady in a commercial (though we're not completely sure regarding a case).
  • Punch-Out (arcade's crowd cameo and NES version's referee) and Hanafuda Ave/1889th St. (referring to Nintendo's origins) on a map scene.
  • Luigi bringing up "mansions" in a phone call.
  • New posters of Bowser and Toad when clicking a manhole close to the Brothers' van and giving a text message to the number respectively.
  • Foreman Spike's referenced twice (my most anticipated character in this movie; he's the first one who's voice actor was revealed) on "about us" and testimonial sections.
  • I guess a dog in another testimonial review does remind some people of Poochy, or another from Odyssey (which may be closer).
  • Mario and Luigi's "mother" is quite supportive of their job as plumbers that she gave them five stars.
  • Some sound effects by clicking wrench, "Clarified Super", "As Seen on TV" and "24/7 Emergency Services" icons.
  • When going to the "Error 404" page through a testimonial/review section, click pipes in this order (middle, right and left).
EDIT/IMPORTANT NOTE: As a reminder, here's some images/renders for future character profiles in following months, if people want to try on their sandbox drafts in preparation (and size chart for calculations; it's up to us for determining DK's size).

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the movie would open up with Bowser being set up to be a threat and then it cuts to the Mario Bros watching their commercial on tv and making a profit while going about their daily work lives before being transported to the mushroom kingdom somehow while fixing up a pipe

I have a feeling that the movie would open up with Bowser being set up to be a threat and then it cuts to the Mario Bros watching their commercial on tv and making a profit while going about their daily work lives before being transported to the mushroom kingdom somehow while fixing up a pipe
I won't be surprised if this turns out to be actually the case in the movie, lol

New TV spots came up, with Bob-omb Battlefield, NSMBU's rock mines, Odyssey's Tostarena and Cranky's voice being revealed (the second advert has a better "Wahoo!").

And for starting feats, at 1:08 in a third advert, we see Mario punching through brick walls while running (with Peach acknowledging his strength; I have a feeling he'll fare better than his live-action self in forthcoming matches).

Last edited:
Universal's official Brazil account just shared this tweet, and goddamn, Brian Tyler and Koji Kondo truly are killing it! (some of you may recognize the first part from SMB Plumbing; we'll just have to wait and see for the remainder of this medley). They even got a Captain Toad jingle!

Last edited:
Back