• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Could a feature be added so whenever someone posts multiple times consecutively in the forum, such posts are automatically merged? I've seen that in plenty of XenForo forums, and would be nice to avoid the cluttering of double posting and the like automatically.

Could a feature be added so whenever someone posts multiple times consecutively in the forum, such posts are automatically merged? I've seen that in plenty of XenForo forums, and would be nice to avoid the cluttering of double posting and the like automatically.
That would break the current Rendering Request Board format.

Yes, and multiple posts in a row are not usually a major problem, and may be necessary at times for easier reading, to not make gigantic posts or run out of space in them.

Would probably be more hassle than it’s worth, but in an ideal world the idea of profiles having a tournament record would be cool

Notable Victories:
X character
Y character
Notable Losses:
Z character
Inconclusive:

Tournament Record:

[Insert Tournament:] WWL (Round of 16)

Yes, it would be a far too large project for very little benefit. My apologies.

There should be an option to block a member on this site. So that no one ends up getting into a situation like This. Or when someone is annoying you and it isn’t anything report worthy

We removed the ignore function, as it would likely have been misused by grouchy members who do not want to listen to staff instructions and the like. My apologies.

We removed the ignore function, as it would likely have been misused by grouchy members who do not want to listen to staff instructions and the like. My apologies.
Or just have it only be for regular members only instead of staff

I do not think that would be possible, and it is hard to give reprimands to misbehaving people who have the staff on ignore, or to have coherent content revision discussions with members who ignore each other.

I do not think that would be possible, and it is hard to give reprimands to misbehaving people who have the staff on ignore, or to have coherent content revision discussions with members who ignore each other.
What I mean is that you can only ignore regular members instead of staff. Not sure if you thought that’s what I meant though

What I mean is that you can only ignore regular members instead of staff. Not sure if you thought that’s what I meant though
That would still cause problems/confusion if several members who all ignore each other participate in the same content revision thread, for example.

That is not how XenForo's ignore button works. It is a feature that works for individual members as a personal setting for them.

No problem. Unfortunately I think that applying such a change would cause more problems than it solves for this type of forum.

I mean can we make the function be able to have regulars only be able to ignore only each other and not the admins?

I don't think so, and it would turn quite a lot of discussions very incoherent as I mentioned earlier. Also, we are currently losing money every month from keeping this forum running, so we should preferably not involve our system administrrator unless it is important.

I don't think having the word "Characters" there is a bad thing.

I was thinking about getting my friend to join the main forum and I came up with this: Some kind of system welcome message when a new person joins telling them about how the forum works.
Something like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to VSBW main forum.
All the info you'll need on forum rules are listed here as well as profile creation standards and editing mistakes. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Welcome_Message?so=search

If you need help understanding the tiering system, then check out these pages: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tiering_System_Explanation_Page?so=search
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tiering_System_FAQ?so=search

To understand the purpose of each section, please read the information provided in the grey text when you click on a section. Ex: Click on the content revision section and just below the name, the information will be there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suggest that we have it sent to the users via an auto message in their DMS or as a page here on the forum here because not all new members will check it out. Some aren't even aware of it. It's just my idea to help out new members to prevent any mishaps from happening and to keep things in order by making sure they know the basic rules.

Last edited:
Well, I could simply create an automatic popup notification that is only visible for members that are logged in, which can be easily dismissed.

Something like this perhaps?

"Hello and welcome to this forum. To read all of the information that you will need regarding our rules and conventions <a href="https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Welcome_Message">please click here</a>."

Thank you. What do our staff members here think? Should I apply this change soon?

Reaction speed has come up a few times in the last few matches I’ve been a part of and I was wondering if we should have a “Superhuman Reaction Speed” Ability. Something like adding a note on the reactions page saying “Characters with reaction speeds that exceed the upper limits of Peak Human should have Superhuman Reaction Speed attributed to them on their profiles” and on the P&A section it just links to the reactions page

Reaction speed has come up a few times in the last few matches I’ve been a part of and I was wondering if we should have a “Superhuman Reaction Speed” Ability. Something like adding a note on the reactions page saying “Characters with reaction speeds that exceed the upper limits of Peak Human should have Superhuman Reaction Speed attributed to them on their profiles” and on the P&A section it just links to the reactions page
Wouldn't that be included in Superhuman Physical Characteristics though? Any character with superhuman speed who can react to those who are comparable would have that.

Well, I could simply create an automatic popup notification that is only visible for members that are logged in, which can be easily dismissed.

Something like this perhaps?

"Hello and welcome to this forum. To read all of the information that you will need regarding our rules and conventions <a href="https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Welcome_Message">please click here</a>."
What do our staff members here think? Should I apply this change soon?
@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Andytrenom @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Damage3245

Thank you for the reply. I will wait for some more staff responses first though.

Thank you. I will handle it later if somebody reminds me here. I am behind with my work schedule right now.

Back