• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

We already have polls in our internal wiki forum, and they have grown completely out of control. We do not want that kind of unconstructive stupidity to spread here as well.

I would like to request that for each tag that's up in this forum, that clicking to it also has a section at the top of its list back to its wiki page, this would reflect how in the old forum, users could click a category in a thread to go to the respective page it's talking about on the wiki.
This minor detail would make navigation between this forum and the wiki far more effective.

I do not know if that would be possible to apply, especially given that many tags here do not have corresponding wiki pages, but I could ask our system manager if @AKM sama and @Promestein both think that it would be a good idea.

I think the tags are working fine as they are. Clicking them shows all the threads with that tag, just like how it used to be in the old forum. I don't think they need to link to their wiki pages. Current system offers better navigation imo.

Okay. That makes sense. Thank you for the evaluation.

I do not know. I will ask our system administrator in private.

I would suggest putting scaling chains in every tier for example One Piece should have some scaling chain in Tier High 7-A

Well, I am not sure how useful it will be, but what if we create a notification category on the main page and in there there will be verse-specific notification threads.

For example we have:
NOTIFICATION THREADS (on main page)
In there we have (for example):
-Naruto threads.
-Cthulhu Mythos threads.
-One Punch Man threads.
Etc.
And inside them everyone will be able to post links to threads they created about this verse from content revision threads to matches, to everything.

With that if someone is interested in a specific verse/verses, he can just follow this thread to always be notified.
I hope I described it clearly.
Also thread, thread, thread.

I do not think that seems practical to apply, at least not for the moment.

Would it be possible to add a Sandbox feature for this forum? It would help to have a private place for each user to experiment with the format of this place and to work on stuff to then eventually make threads for CRTs and the like.

For example, this picture shows how the Smogon forum, another forum based on XenForo, does it.
Our system manager replied that we already have a function that lets you save your posts as drafts.
image.png
In addition, you can collaborate with others by writing drafts via your sandboxes in the wiki, and then copy the finished text to your posts here. The links should automatically become embedded in the original layout formats.

Last edited:
That feature has a limit of a single draft per thread, and such drafts are restricted to that particular thread, which could be closed at any given moment and thus be lost in the process, that also leads into the potential issue of this draft being lost if another post is made within that thread by the same user, or it just being accidentally posted in general and leading into issues of confusing derailing.

Sandboxes from the wiki can be used to store text and all, yes, but that place doesn't let users already use the tools within this forum to make their posts, let alone preview the result, and at best requires to copy from here and paste there over and over again, which requires quite more work than just having a personal place to store planned files for future purposes, and limits the coding that can be done to make posts easier to read for very explicative cases, without having to worry about some formatting error that won't show up in the wiki sandbox, but would show in a forum sandbox.

So I really think that a more organized alternative would be best, preferably as I suggested above if possible.

In the meantime, I have another suggestion.
I'm aware that XenForo has a feature that allows to prevent certain users from commenting in an entire forum board, for example, this picture showcases how even as I'm logged in and I'm not banned and stuff I can't post any thread on that forum section, nor comment on threads already made out of lacking "privileges" to do so.
This feature would be useful for the staff board, for example, to make it so threads on that forum may only be posted and commented on by staff members by default, other users can also be "whitelisted" to be able to comment and all, and other users can still talk to users that can post in there in their message walls to ensure that talk can still be done.

It could also be used to make the Human Resources stuff transparently public within this forum by preventing users outside the HR group from commeting, many users often complain from what I've heard of this currently not being public and thus being suspicious of corruption, as normally we only see the conclusion at best, rather than the entire talk given for the case, however, for this case, if the topics given are simply too Fandom-sensitive, their Discord server can still be made public with the same kind of restrictions (Discord has that kind of feature as well), which is in fact is used by the Audit Group server, which is public.

Last edited:
It seems impractical to make the staff forum staff only, as the threads are not consistently intended to be. If regular members have something genuinely important to say, they can usually do so.

A HR forum for them only might be an idea, but would likely put too much stress on them, as everything they say would be publicly picked apart, they recurrently assemble and show sensitive evidence, and they usually take quite a long while to finish their evaluations.

Also, our system manager would investigate the sandbox idea.

This is a really random idea I had a little while ago.

People who you follow could @ you.
This could be a minor helpful little thing in which members who you know or trust, who follow you may miss a thread, so you may @ them if they follow you.

This brings about no unnecessary spam as members will likely only follow those who they know or trust.

For example, I may follow a person who I commonly speak with about a verse, and I may miss a thread about said verse, that person would know that I am knowledgeable in the verse so may @ me regarding the subject.

Just brings a little more usage to the following feature imo.

I do not think that is possible to implement, and our forum system manager is already busy with investigating some more important problems for us.

Last edited:
i suggest a dimensionality for characters
such as "5D, 2D, 4D 11D and above"
mainly suggesting it for low 1-Cs to low 1-A since most of there tiers are decided by dimensionality since it can be a little confusing knowing which dimension a tier 1 can be in
credits to all fiction battles for the idea

Last edited:
i suggest a dimensionality for characters
such as "5D, 2D, 4D 11D and above"
mainly suggesting it for low 1-Cs to low 1-A since most of there tiers are decided by dimensionality since it can be a little confusing knowing which dimension a tier 1 can be in
credits to all fiction battles for the idea
If you mean specifically listing that, that would require a site-wide CRT, I don't oppose the idea, but I don't think right now it's the best time to handle that.

Also, I think that we already encourage making clear what the characters are scaled from in the profile pages, so it is possible to figure out our closest approximations.

Bobsican is correct, but it is still a lot of work, and I think that we already present our available information quite well in general.

Would it be possible to add a feature so that whenever a thread is closed it's shown who did it, and why? This was something that was the case in the old forum, but it's no longer the case here, and it seems such previous cases of this for posts before the forum move also got lost, so I wonder if they could be recovered while we are on that.

I believe this thread is (at least from what I've seen) is more suited for suggestions regarding site improvements such as coding, features, and other stuff like that. I'm pretty sure a suggestion like that is more suited for its own thread in the content revision forum.

Would it be possible to add a feature so that whenever a thread is closed it's shown who did it, and why? This was something that was the case in the old forum, but it's no longer the case here, and it seems such previous cases of this for posts before the forum move also got lost, so I wonder if they could be recovered while we are on that.
I am not sure if such a feature is inherently present in XF. So that might not be possible.

Yes, and other issues are prioritised for our forum system manager to handle right now, including possibly adding a sandbox function and fixing our tags format.

The old forum only allowed 4 tags/categories as a maximum, and I prefer if our members are encouraged to only use the most important and relevant ones.

On the topic of tags, can we add a tag filter? Not sure if I can speak for other users, but I get tired of seeing certain characters on match-ups and it makes browsing Versus Threads very frustrating

While we are on that, I would like to request a feature for tags to be divided in three categories, VSBW, FC/OC VSBW and JBW, this was automatically done before the forum move (separate forums and all), but it's causing issues now as there's cases like Big Chungus only having a JBW tag, but not one for VSBW, and so they are oddly merged.

Both of those requests are too advanced for us to be able to apply in a useful manner to this forum. My apologies.

Also, we have to pay our forum system manager quite a lot of work time money for every important change to this forum, and unfortunately still do not have (safe and harmless) ads set up to cover our expenses.

Would it be possible to add a feature to disable showing link thumbnails by default?
Sometimes it's easier to just give a link to a website like YouTube for justification purposes in the forum without having to hard-link it with some text (like this), but the problem is that when used in a sentence (for example, "As seen in (insert link here), this is false"), it becomes far harder to read out of the thumbnail disrupting the flow of reading, so being able to have this dirabled by default would be a nice feature, especially considering that it doesn't even load well for some websites and it's harder to find the links themselves (Especially timestamps, those are usually lost for others out of this).

Back