• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Ummm this is kinda weird. I was making a calc and attempted to link the Youtube video for some evidence for the whole thing. But the randomly generated Youtube url had a slur word in it so I was completely stopped from making the blog until I removed the link from it. It's in the comments now...

But the new system picks up on slur words inside links that cant be changed, and as a result will not let you use said links in blog posts, and the link wasn't even shown in the blog since it was clipped onto some text.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Perhaps you can try to use the Youtube short link instead, or upload the video to Dailymotion instead?

It allows me to link the video in the comments of the blog, I have simply changed the text in the blog to tell readers where it is. Just thought i'd mention the problem here.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. We cannot remove our slur filter settings though. It could create problems with Fandom banning people.

It seems like the new internal wiki Discussions forum, and the blogs and message walls that are part of the same system, may not have a slur filter yet though, so be extremely careful in order to not get banned by Fandom.

Is there a way to notify user about creation of threads about the verses that he added as the supporter?

Can you remove or recode an emoji feature? Specifically :p. Every time I tried to post a calc blog URL in it, that part kept turning into that, which gets really annoying, especially since there is a bug on my end where every time I try to do advanced hyperlinkIng, it just eats my link. Heres an example:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:psychomaster35/Porkchop_‘n_Flatscreen:_Kiss_My_Compilation

Last edited by a moderator:

AKM sama

Automatic Killing Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Ah yes, I noticed that issue earlier back when we were removing illegal links from pages and blog posts. I just got too distracted to bring attention to this issue later. I hope this can be handled.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I received a reply:

"Regarding the emoji inside the link, this is something default from XF. The link should still work as expected."

AKM sama

Automatic Killing Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:psychomaster35/Porkchop_‘n_Flatscreen:_Kiss_My_Compilation
As you can see here, it doesn't work.
: P is automatically converted to :p
: D is automatically converted to :D

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
What? Imgur links were not a problem as far as I know. I will ask about this.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, I have already contacted NoGround and a SOAP member. If that does not work, I will have to talk with higher Fandom staff members directly, as it would be an absolute disaster for our wiki to not be able to use any links to neutral image hosting sites whatsoever.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The SOAP member TokihikoH11 told me that Imgur is not a globally blocked site. Perhaps a link accidentally contained a slur word?

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Try copying the Spiderman AP section into a blog post. It's not transferring over the external links on my end.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I do not write blog posts, except in emergencies, but I will ask the SOAP member again.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The SOAP member wonders if you can link to a screenshot of the error message.

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
It's not an error message.

For Example:

Copying this:

Large Building level (Destroyed two tanks. Can trade blows with the likes of Venom and Carnage), higher with equipment (Has created various suits and weapons that upscale from his normal level of strength) | At least Large Building level (Stated himself to grow faster and stronger, though to what degree is unknown), higher with equipment | At least Large Building level+ (Can easily stop Rhino when he's charging. Capable of easily overpowering Doc Ock's tentacles. Should be superior to his Mark III armor, which broke through an upgraded version of Doc Ock's tentacle arms made from Carbonadium that were a foot thick with no leverage), at most City Block level (Scales to the Collective Man), higher with equipment | Solar System level (Held his own against Terminus, and broke out of Quasar's energy constructs)

Building level physically (Comparable to Captain America. Easily recovered from a Daredevil sneak-attack and put him in a hold. Casually disarmed and defeated the Winter Soldier). Solar System level with Adamantium claws (He has successfully stabbed the Hulk, Thor, and Thanos). He can negate regeneration with the Muramasa Blade

Only Pastes This:

Large Building level (Destroyed two tanks. Can trade blows with the likes of Venom and Carnage), higher with equipment (Has created various suits and weapons that upscale from his normal level of strength) | At least Large Building level (Stated himself to grow faster and stronger, though to what degree is unknown), higher with equipment | At least Large Building level+ (Can easily stop Rhino when he's charging. Capable of easily overpowering Doc Ock's tentacles. Should be superior to his Mark III armor, which broke through an upgraded version of Doc Ock's tentacle arms made from Carbonadium that were a foot thick with no leverage), at most City Block level (Scales to the Collective Man), higher with equipment | Solar System level (Held his own against Terminus, and broke out of Quasar's energy constructs)

Building level physically (Comparable to Captain America. Easily recovered from a Daredevil sneak-attack and put him in a hold. Casually disarmed and defeated the Winter Soldier). Solar System level with Adamantium claws (He has successfully stabbed the Hulk, Thor, and Thanos). He can negate regeneration with the Muramasa Blade

Last edited:

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The SOAP member does not know the reason for this and thinks that it may be a Fandom bug.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I have asked NoGround about it as well, and will inform a higher Fandom staff member if necessary.

NoGround

VS Battles
Sysop
Wiki Manager
I noticed that when copy and pasting in blogs on the wiki, external hyperlinks like imgur are removed. Why is that?
How where you posting the links? In Source Editor, external links are [LINK hyperlink_text]. Using ctrl+K when highlighting the appropriate text and then pasting in the link also works (it will automatically switch to External Link); I just tested and imgur.com is not blocked. I also looked in WikiConfig and could not find any restrictions placed on use for imgur. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:NoGround/Imgur_Linking_Post

If you are copy/pasting into a blog post, I recommend using Source Editor, as Visual Editor may have trouble converting multiple links to the correct format when copy/pasting.

Basically, when copy/pasting you need to use the Wikitext version. The linking system between the forum and other text editors will be different depending on the platform, but Wikitext has not changed its external linking format between the legacy and UCP. There is no guarantee that links made in in the Forum's format will be carried over when making a blog post, since blogs are using Wikitext like a regular page on a wiki.

Last edited: