• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

We can see a equivalence to a 'most recent wall posts' on the whats new borde, well that's not new What I think is a problem is that we can like posts from there, I already accidently liked a random post, I'm not sure how many people mainly use mobile but if that happens often it could be annoying

I just realized this thread existed
Can there be an "Auto-Refresh" option in the latest activity page, like FANDOM wikis have with their "Recent Changes" pages?

There are limits to how much we can fix swiftly in the new forum, especially given how extremely overworked I am right now.

Anyway, Bobsican, we have been running a project to back up the important threads after May 10 to archive.vn for a while now, and I will create a pinned thread with a list of all of them afterwards.

Oh no, I didn't meant that, but more like this, for example, or in other words, basically organizing the threads that were made in May and before on their own forum section, and locked so they are only around for posterity, as we all know currently a lot of threads are getting necro'd otherwise.

Also, a feature to automatically merge posts if they are a victim of double-posting and so on would be nice.

I think most of the threads are kinda too spacious and large. They should be more compressed and smaller to look more organized and clean. The only examples of what I mean by another site that uses Xenforo is Spacebattles...

For some examples.
Example #1 (mobile version of example #1)
Example #2 (mobile version of example #2)

I'm only saying is having things be more compressed and smaller, like the examples I gave, would help this site look more organized and clean.

@Bobsican

I do not think that it is realistic or productive at all to move all of our old threads to extra retired sub-forums. Necroing of old threads is unfortunately likely something that we will have to live with, and close them when it happens.

It is uncommon with double-posts, and the extra ones can easily be removed if it happens.

@EndBringerNickolas

Our old forum allowed up to 500 posts per page, whereas this one only allows 100. I think that the current layout gives a much better overview than just 20 posts per page, for example.

Is there a way to have an overview over the threads one is watching in this new forum?

That sounds like something a bot could cover, but it would require a CRT for the Standard Format for Character Pages and the Standard Format for Verse Pages, so it would be best to keep that for once CRTs are allowed, or at the very least once the other site-wide revisions are done.
Speaking of that, it would also be nice if such tags could also link back to the respective page on the wiki, if avaiable, but as said before, it would be best to keep that for a better date.

Last edited:
@Crimson_Shadow101

That is actually an excellent idea to increase the visitor statistics for this forum. Thank you.

However, we have around 24,000 character profile pages, so it does not seem realistic to immediately add such links to all of them at once.

Maybe we could initiate a project for adding such links to the verse pages and our most popular character profile pages to start with, adjust the layout instructions in our Standard Format pages, and then make the changes gradually?

It is much better if you start a thread in our staff forum for this instead though, as we cannot handle such a massive project here.

It would be nice if on the main page, the VSBW forum section was marked with some shade of blue (And a darker one in Night Mode), JBW was in a shade of purple and FC/OC VSBW had a shade of green.

This would help a lot to avoid the constant mix-up users have been doing between the sites.

Maybe later, but we need to handle more concrete problems right now, and not experiment too much.

Well, it would help to avoid needless work on moving threads from one forum to another, but it isn't an high priority at the moment, yes.

1601922021590.png1601922070271.png
Just to clarify, are the Joke Battles and FC/OC VS Battles text boxes the only things that should be recoloured? If so, that should be quite simple to handle, but I am not sure if it would fit with the overall theme of the forum.

Well, I had in mind for the colors on the text and the respective slightly darker blue background for it (Specifically the one for General Discussion, for example, compared to the main background) being edited accordingly to be fitting too, so with a bit more work it should be plausible.

9KYhTHM.png

It's always confused me that both of these links lead to the exact same page (the forum hub page)

Wouldn't it be better if 'Home' lead directly to the wiki itself?

9KYhTHM.png

It's always confused me that both of these links lead to the exact same page (the forum hub page)

Or maybe keep that the home button leads to the forum home and add another button named wiki that leads to the wiki. I think that would be better.

Well, I had in mind for the colors on the text and the respective slightly darker blue background for it (Specifically the one for General Discussion, for example, compared to the main background) being edited accordingly to be fitting too, so with a bit more work it should be plausible.
Me and AKM talked about this earlier, and decided that recolouring parts of the front page would not work with the overall theme. Sorry.

9KYhTHM.png

Not to mention clicking the Vs Battles Wiki logo on the banner does the same thing, so that's three buttons right next to each other that all lead to the same place.

I could ask our system administrator to link our icon in the upper left corner of the forum directly to the wiki itself, if other staff members think that it is a good idea.

I have suggestion. If mods can make posts and then bookmark them on top of the forum section, I would suggest doing that for the Content Revision section to stop people from making CR threads right now.

If you can't, then just ignore this.

We can stick threads at the top of the sub-forums, but I do not think that it seems necessary in this case.

Our system administrator has fixed our settings so clicking the VS Battles Wiki icon in the upper left corner leads to the wiki, and clicking the "Forums" button only opens the list of options below, rather than lead to the front page of this forum.

The "Home" button still leads to our forum's front page.

Maybe later, if one of our administrators is willing to do all of the required work, but I am too busy right now to handle it myself.

I'm receiving e-mails about this forum despite the fact that I don't want to receive any and I turned off all the email options under preferences as well as the content options of receiving email notifications.

Last edited:
Now we have feature to follow specific User but can we follow specific Topic? Example like you follow Topic for one particular verse, it would make supporter of the verse easier to notice new thread like CRT which need their presence.

For some reason it appears every time a new page is created in a thread due to the amount of messages, I stop getting alerts for that said thread unless I comment again on it. This has happened to me twice now. I did not unwatch the thread either time yet it stopped giving me alerts. No idea if this is just happening to me or anyone else.

I do not have the problem, but I think that it might be a good idea if you send a private message to @sultan our system administrator in this case, and describe the problem to him.

Others should definitely not do so unless I give them clearance though.

What about a thread where people can ask an evaluation for a profile, a page, a blog etc... they are making? Or even ask for help or suggestions to improve their work in progress

Back