• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The camera captures the bustling streets of New York City, where the rhythm of life beats steadily. Pedestrians weave through the maze of cars, lost in their own worlds of routine and connection.

Amidst the urban sounds, a distinctive sound pierces the air—
thwip! thwip! thwip!
The camera swiftly shifts its focus to a towering building, where a dark silhouette swings gracefully from one structure to another. It is none other than-

"Argh, where is this 'Arachnid Devil' Miss Makima sent me after?!" Denji's frustration echoes through the cityscape as he swings with the ferocity of his chainsaw chains, transformed into his Chainsaw Hybrid form. Yet, in his mission, he forgets a crucial detail—New York is oblivious to the existence of Devils. To the unsuspecting civilians below...

"THERE'S A CHAINSAW MONSTER!!!" "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!" "AAAAHHHHHH!!!" Panic ensues, drawing curious gazes upward.

Meanwhile, Denji detects another presence amid his swinging. He peers towards a nearby building and sees not just his silhouette, but another's drawing near—

"Coming through!"

Miles hurtles into the scene, delivering a swift swing kick that sends Denji crashing into a nearby wall. Quick to retaliate, Denji ensnares Miles with his chains, hurling him towards a nearby rooftop before swinging after him. As both heroes regroup, Denji's gaze falls upon Miles's distinctive spider symbol, leading to a hasty conclusion—

"HEY! YOU'RE THAT ARACHNID DEVIL MISS MAKIMA SENT ME AFTER!"

"Uh- What are you talking abou- WOAH!" Miles
narrowly evades Denji's chainsaw swing, relying on his Spidery Senses to guide him, before leaping away to create distance.

"Why do these things never go smoothly?" Denji muses aloud, preparing for the impending clash.

"Looks like we're in for a challenge." Miles agrees, bracing himself for the inevitable confrontation.

"I guess..." "...We gotta do this..."

Together, they declare in unison—

"THE HARD WAY!"

[-Rules-]
-Both are High-8C, Post-Training Denji is used
-No prior knowledge, but they know that they are more skilled then they look.
-Speed is equalised
-Battles takes place on a roof in New York City, but they are allowed to use and/or go to the surrounding area around them (other buildings, ventilation shafts to throw, etc.)
-In-character, but want to win

miles_morales_spider_man__across_the_spider_verse_by_patrickbrown_dfwh2o9-pre.jpg
fierce-denji-chainsaw-man-fan-art-r4m9ewriug1ec8ka.jpg
"Everyone keeps telling me how my story is supposed to go. Nah... Imma do my own thing." - Spider-Man, Earth 1610: 3 (@FuriousFieryFist, @Javenplayz253 ,@Lloydblitzed )"Everybody dreams. You can't help it. Then dreaming's not a bad thing. It's not a bad thing, but... If you're gonna get in our way... THEN DIE!" - Denji, the Chainsaw Man: 5 (@Emerald , @That_moron2 , @Killerdrone123 , @koopa3144 , @Hiiilt )

Incon:

Last edited:
Since they're in character and both tend to chat during fights, what, if anything, is keeping them from just standing down once Denji realizes Miles isn't a Devil? Denji isn't a maniac, so he's not just gonna keep trying to kill Miles just cuz he got kicked by him over a misunderstanding in that event.

Since they're in character and both tend to chat during fights, what, if anything, is keeping them from just standing down once Denji realizes Miles isn't a Devil? Denji isn't a maniac, so he's not just gonna keep trying to kill Miles just cuz he got kicked by him over a misunderstanding in that event.
Maybe if Miles had some social influence. But SBA states they are willing to fight iirc

Probably, since both of their LS are around the same, and Miles can use invisibility to Venom Blast/Shoulder Touch Denji
Where are we getting their lifting strength's being comparable here? On Denji's profile, I see he scales to 3946 Tonnes. Miles to 641,007 Tonnes

That's a difference of 162x.

Milles easily beats Denji when it comes to mobility and H2H, has crazy good precog that alerts him of danger can pin him down with webs
Although Denji will keep going cause of his broken stamina and regen, and desire to never give up
So like for now I would vote denji just cause he would outlast miles and tire him out

Milles easily beats Denji when it comes to mobility and H2H, has crazy good precog that alerts him of danger can pin him down with webs
Although Denji will keep going cause of his broken stamina and regen, and desire to never give up
So like for now I would vote denji just cause he would outlast miles and tire him out
Counted
How much stronger is Miles venom blast than his normal attack potency and does it stun enemies?
All we know is that- Its higher. Lmao

For the stun part, I don’t think it does, going off profiles.

Voting Miles since he has better mobility and ranged options, not to mention he can go invisible at will. Miles can spam webs that far outclass Denji's lifting strength. In a hand-to-hand fight Miles has limited precognition and better battle tactics than Denji so in a straight fight I feel miles would fare better and be able to work around Denji's higher AP. After a while Miles is gonna realize that Denji's regen is the only thing keeping him in the fight so eventually he'd immobilize him and then pop his head with his crazy lifting strength advantage.

Last edited:
Voting Miles since he has better mobility and ranged options, not to mention he can go invisible at will. Miles can spam webs that far outclass Denji's lifting strength. In a hand-to-hand fight Miles has limited precognition and better battle tactics than Denji so in a straight fight I feel miles would fare better and be able to work around Denji's higher AP. Eventually Miles is gonna realize that Denji's regen is the only thing keeping him in the fight so he'd immobilize and then pop his head with his crazy lifting strength advantage and that would be it.
Counted!

a hand-to-hand fight Miles has limited precognition and better battle tactics than Denji so in a straight fight I feel miles would fare better and be able to work around Denji's higher AP.
Eh idk about Miles having better battle tactics, he doesn't brutalize opponents and knocking Denji out is gonna be hard due to his AP advantage and stamina so his only way of taking down Denji is webbing him up. Denji also has more combat experience and is capable of thinking on his feet.
After a while Miles is gonna realize that Denji's regen is the only thing keeping him in the fight so eventually he'd immobilize him and then pop his head with his crazy lifting strength advantage.
Denji could just cut away any webs that get on him. Also I'm pretty sure it would be very out of character for Miles to pop Denji's head off.

Ngl I'm leaning Denji here. Miles' best way of taking him out is by incaping him with webs but Denji can cut through them to free himself or just avoid them. invisibility isn't too helpful cause Denji could likely smell Miles due Devils and Hybrids having keener noses than humans. I feel like Denji will eventually outlast Miles until he can get in a critical strike with his Chainsaws.

Eh idk about Miles having better battle tactics, he doesn't brutalize opponents and knocking Denji out is gonna be hard due to his AP advantage and stamina so his only way of taking down Denji is webbing him up. Denji also has more combat experience and is capable of thinking on his feet.
Denji's battle tactic is simply to attack, his whole character revolves around him ignoring planning and strategy and simply gunning it which only works due to his crazy regeneration. Comparing him to Miles who actively thinks out plans in order win over his opponents and we see quite a difference in general tactics. Miles would absolutely have the advantage here and this is coming from someone who loves Chainsawman.
Denji could just cut away any webs that get on him. Also I'm pretty sure it would be very out of character for Miles to pop Denji's head off.

Ngl I'm leaning Denji here. Miles' best way of taking him out is by incaping him with webs but Denji can cut through them to free himself or just avoid them. invisibility isn't too helpful cause Denji could likely smell Miles due Devils and Hybrids having keener noses than humans. I feel like Denji will eventually outlast Miles until he can get in a critical strike with his Chainsaws.
Denji doesn't have chainsaws over his entire body, so anywhere that isn't his chainsaws is absolutely fair game. Keep in mind Miles can rapid fire spam his webs as well. Denji can and has been affected by netting type attacks such as one in the most recent chapters, so Miles far superior webs would be a massive problem. Once he's immobilized, Miles would be able to take out Denji via knockout since that's a valid wincon and Denji's regeneration only occurs when he pulls his cord which he wouldn't be able to do. Smelling miles in the middle of a battle while he is invisible is unfeasible to say the least; Also that quote about keener senses is referring to devils not hybrids like Denji so it wouldn't apply anyway. Add in that any time Denji gets within attacking distance to utilize his only real advantage, AP, Miles can simply tap him and send him flying away with his venom blast to where he once again has the advantage. Miles can rinse and repeat this and utilize his superior mobility until Denji runs out of blood to heal with or gets incapped by webbing. I really don't see a situation where Denji takes this so my vote remains unchanged.

Denji's battle tactic is simply to attack, his whole character revolves around him ignoring planning and strategy and simply gunning it which only works due to his crazy regeneration. Comparing him to Miles who actively thinks out plans in order win over his opponents and we see quite a difference in general tactics. Miles would absolutely have the advantage here and this is coming from someone who loves Chainsawman.
Fair, although Denji has shown the ability to strategize mid-fight if he needs to most notably in his fight against Makima.
Denji doesn't have chainsaws over his entire body, so anywhere that isn't his chainsaws is absolutely fair game. Keep in mind Miles can rapid fire spam his webs as well. Denji can and has been affected by netting type attacks such as one in the most recent chapters, so Miles far superior webs would be a massive problem.
Denji can try to avoid the webs and quickly cut away any that get on him. Even if he does get webbed, he should be able to smash his chainsaws to create sparks to burn the webs with whatever limbs are still free (Ie; smashing his head chainsaw on his arm chainsaws if they're webbed up or smashing his feet chainsaws together)
Once he's immobilized, Miles would be able to take out Denji via knockout since that's a valid wincon and Denji's regeneration only occurs when he pulls his cord which he wouldn't be able to do.
As I noted before It's gonna be very hard to knock Denji out due to his goofy stamina and AP advantage. He could just keep eating Miles' hits while he's webbed until either Miles gets tired or until he finds a way to get free.
Also that quote about keener senses is referring to devils not hybrids like Denji so it wouldn't apply anyway.
The Devil Physiology page says hybrids possess all innate abilities that devils possess so they should also have enhanced senses.
Add in that any time Denji gets within attacking distance to utilize his only real advantage, AP, Miles can simply tap him and send him flying away with his venom blast to where he once again has the advantage
It doesn't send Kingpin that far away tbh and whats stopping Denji from just tanking it with his AP and stamina and using his chains to ground himself after he gets sent flying? Also iirc doesn't Miles' venom blast have a short charge-up time before it unleashes the blast? If so, Denji can just quickly slice Miles' while he's while he's trying to use the venom blast on him.

I think I'm gonna lock in my vote for Denji taking this high-diff. While Miles is more strategic in battle and has a very good wincon with his webbing, I think Denji's large AP advantage (8.04 Tons of TNT vs 2.86556 Tons of TNT), his goofy stamina, and his ability to likely burn out of Miles' webs should net him the win more slightly often then not.

Denji can try to avoid the webs and quickly cut away any that get on him. Even if he does get webbed, he should be able to smash his chainsaws to create sparks to burn the webs with whatever limbs are still free (Ie; smashing his head chainsaw on his arm chainsaws if they're webbed up or smashing his feet chainsaws together)
That only ever happened because he poured oil all over himself. Nor have we seen him set anything fire when not covered in oil by creating sparks. I feel this is to assumptious to give him.
As I noted before It's gonna be very hard to knock Denji out due to his goofy stamina and AP advantage. He could just keep eating Miles' hits while he's webbed until either Miles gets tired or until he finds a way to get free.
If he gets completely webbed up, that's all Miles would need to web him up. There's parts of his body with no saws, and the lifting strength difference is so ridiculously large that the chainsaws wouldn't even be capable of spinning to generate the cutting force required to cut the webs anyways. Won't be able to cut well if the chainsaws can't even rotate like they're supposed to.
It doesn't send Kingpin that far away tbh and whats stopping Denji from just tanking it with his AP and stamina and using his chains to ground himself after he gets sent flying? Also iirc doesn't Miles' venom blast have a short charge-up time before it unleashes the blast? If so, Denji can just quickly slice Miles' while he's while he's trying to use the venom blast on him.
Doesn't Venom Blast shock people or whatever? It instantly incapped Spider-Man and knocked him out. Or is that just treated as AP. Not sure how the wiki treats it.

Anyways, Miles fra.

Back