• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Western Verse (excluding Marvel, DC, and Image)

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Just a though that came to my head. East has the things like Tenchi Muyo, To Aru, Saint Seiya, Jojo, most video games, and all the VNs. It just got me to thinking. Marvel and DC are the only rulers of the Western fiction, with Image far behind, probably not even in top 10. So, what western fiction is the strongest sans these three? Oh, and no Cthulu Mythos either.

Either Homestuck or Dr. Who most likely. Discworld, LOTR, Ben 10, Dungeons and Dragons and Elder Scrolls are also pretty high up there.

Warhammer 40,000 is pretty damn strong. The possibility of any average Joe carrying around a continent level gun, ludicrously haxxed psykers with nanosecond and below reactions, a literally moments from death and severely crippled Emperor firing a beam more focused than a laser and stronger than a supernova into Horus, and the 8-12-D entities of the Warp who can even destroy universes outside their main influence.

Doctor Who is also crazy powerful, especially when looking at expanded material and counting stuff like The Glory.

Oh, to name the "powerhouses".

-Discworld: Azrael

-Ben 10: CelestialSapiens in general, I believe the verse is implied to have beings as high as 1-B but never confirmed.

-LOTR: Eru Illuvatar

-Dungeons and Dragons. I forget who but Ive heard that it has several Multiversal characters.

-Magic: Several 2-A characters like Nicol Bolas

-Elder Scrolls: To my knowledge the strongest characters are The Godhead and Sithis.

And as Azzy explained, Warhammer is pretty damn strong too.

Aurugermil said:
Cthulhu Mythos is the number 3 strongest in western probably. They are that stronk.
Only three? I don't really remember any Western verse with 1-A to High 1-A characters. Heck even the Comic Books rarely have anything beyond High 1-B. Not that it really matters here since Mythos iz banned.

Yeah because everyone can fodderized Omnipotent and has Hierarchy like Petaverse, Zettaverse, nonsenseverse, infinity Omniverse and beyond. xD

Darkanine said:
-Elder Scrolls: To my knowledge the strongest characters are The Godhead and Sithis.
It goes Godhead to Sakatal, Sakatal is made of Padomay and Aru, and it gets even more complicated

Padomay created Sithis; Sithis is the father of Lorkhan, Sithis rules Boetheia, Vaermina, Mephala, Mehrunez Dagon, Nocturnal, Clavicus Vile, Azura, Molag Bal, Peryite, Hircine, Namira and Sanguine.

Aru created Anuiel, who is the father of Akatosh who is one of the Nine Divines. The Nine Divine are neutral from the Daedra and Magna Ge. they are Aedra, the aedra are Arkay, Stendarr, Kynareth, Zenithar, Dibella, Mara, Julianos, and Talos. The Magna Ge are Magnus, the leader of the Magna Ge, Meridia ((who becomes a daedra after consorting with the daedra)), The Blue Star, Una, and Xero-Lyg.

^Expanded Cthulhu Mythos > Cthulhu Mythos. Reasons: You have two beings on Yog Sothoth level in Expanded. One is Yog Sothoth himself, the other is an Elder God of equal strength called Yad-Thaddaq.

Here is Azathoth commenting about the Expanded Cthulhu Mythos:

He is, but his archetype is technically a separate being while still being part of Yog...it's...confusing. Yeah, It's possible Mist, Darkness, and Yog might be enough on their own.

Here are just a few examples.

Yad-Thaddag. Completely equal to Yog, but basically fully benevolent as opposed to apathetic.

Mh'ithrha. Equal to Yog. In a constant battle against the All-In-One. If Yog loses, Mh'ithrha will eat all of creation. ALL of it.

Cthulhu. Expanded universe Cthulhu got an absurd boost from his canon self. He knows every spell in existence, can summon Azathoth, and his arch nemesis is one of the higher ranking Elder Gods.

Expanded Cthulhu Mythos has more crazy shit than regular Cthulhu Mythos, though Azathoth should still be at the very top of the spectrum.

Pathfinder Yog is hilariously confusing, which I think I made some jokes about, a while back. Basicially, he and Azzy switch roles (Azzy is High 1-A, Yog is 0).

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Expanded Cthulhu Mythos has more crazy shit than regular Cthulhu Mythos, though Azathoth should still be at the very top of the spectrum.
I have a Lovecraftian Encyclopedia that seems really biased and basically says Azathoth isn't all that and kind of up got beat up by the other Gods. No idea what that's all about. I guess its the same issue Marvel/DC has with different writers with different views.

Probably something to do with Derleth, who viewed the Outer Gods and evil and made the term "Elder Gods" describe a group of good gods who eternally war against them, basically making the world's worst Lovecraft fanfiction and missing the point of literally the entire mythos.

That said, at least the guy helped coin the term "Cthulhu Mythos", even though it technically makes no sense.

Probably something to do with Derleth, who viewed the Outer Gods and evil and made the term "Elder Gods" describe a group of good gods who eternally war against them, basically making the world's worst Lovecraft fanfiction and missing the point of literally the entire mythos.
That said, at least the guy helped coin the term "Cthulhu Mythos", even though it technically makes no sense.

Just curious, so the outer gods is not evil nor good? so they neutral or what?

Not Jim Sterling said:
Just curious, so the outer gods is not evil nor good? so they neutral or what?
The Outer Gods are pretty much above those concepts entirely, and can really do no good or evil. At absolute worst they're chaotic neutral (from a godly standpoint), but they're more likely true neutral. Azathoth kinda has to be, as he created everything. The vast majority of them do absolutely nothing.

The only truly "evil" one would be Nyar, and that's because he is quite literally evil and chaos from all perspectives, doing what is worst for everything else, since he is chaos incarnate.

Guyx said:
Suggverse stomps the shit out of everything else.
To be fair, Suggsverse loses to literally everything that actually understands how higher layers of reality work due to Suggs being unable to really create legitimately impressive characters beyond "this character is beyond super omnipotence".

Guyx said:
Suggverse stomps the shit out of everything else.
To be fair, Suggsverse loses to literally everything that actually understands how higher layers of reality work due to Suggs being unable to really create legitimately impressive characters beyond "this character is beyond super omnipotence".
Suggsverse still has a Tier 0 if you ignore everything else.

Blizzard's game, Warcraft, is deceptively strong, since it contains confirmed infinite timelines, a being who can control those (Aman'thul), and beings supposedly far superior to Aman'thul (Sargeras with Gor, N'zoth, arguably Elune).

Back