• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v9

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're referring to the distance of G4, The distance of the lasers when Genos dodges them is much close. It almost had got his leg and face. I'm referring to the distance of lasers not the distance of G4.

G4 is the one firing the lasers. If he fires it from a dozen metres away, Genos only has to move a small distance, which he does. Genos is not light-speed, it's more like Sub-Rel.

That's aim dodging, But knowing that he genos unaware of the lasers when it almost crossed him and burnt his face he reacted to them unknowningly. The lasers already had almost reached him at that time in a much closer range as to it was almost going to hit him but he reacted to the unknowingly. It would be a legitimate LS reaction and combat speed.

I'm going to disect these points one by one

>"That's aim dodging"

No, aim dodging is moving before something fires. Genos dodging the laser as it moves still wouldn't make him light speed, unless the two moved the exact same distance.

>"But knowing that he genos unaware of the lasers when it almost crossed him and burnt his face he reacted to them unknowningly"

That goes directly against the actual sequence of events. G4 fires a ton of blasts at Genos, almost of which hit, then he avoids the next barrage directly after. None of them burned his face, and he didn't "unknowingly avoid them."

>"The lasers already had almost reached him at that time in a much closer range as to it was almost going to hit him but he reacted to the unknowingly."

This is a head canon assumption that's contradicted by the manga's anime counterpart. Also, if Genos really were light speed, why would he only dodge the lasers after they moved within extremely close range.

Counter Points:

• Genos still reacted to the laser unknowingly after he was able to escape the first time from them and it nearly caught him off guard.

• Your own scan shows him escaping from the first barrage that G4 fired dominantlynand the second one shows Genos landing on an object and in the same period of time the laser nearly catches him off guard by destroying the object reaching him untill he unknowingly reacts to them. And I never said that they burnt his face if you actually read my comment. I clearly said that it almost had burned his face if he didn't react which is true as we see in the scan too that how close the laser was from his face.

• He obviously would dodge them when he sees them coming. At first he had to jump in the air to escape them and later when he lands on the object and the laser follows him to that and almost catches him but he still was able to Dodge them does show that if he does sees the object coming he would Dodge them and also unknowingly as also shown in your own scan.

No, he gets hit quite a lot here and is easily intercepted by the lasers. That's why his clothes are torn to shreds here but nowhere near as much as this instance, and there's literal splash marks to show his arms just to show they were tagged. The lasers almost catching him off guard is an assumption, especially since it happened from a dozen metres away.

Writing like "when it almost crossed him and burnt his face" makes it seem like it burnt his face. You did say almost, but if you also say something like "when it almost hit him and vaporized the mountain", that doesn't mean it almost vaporized the mountain, it means the person avoided the attack that vaporized the mountain.

Genos is looking right at G4. It's another barrage of lasers, not the same one that hit Genos before because they're not curved. It didn't happen unknowingly, he always has knowledge of the blasts before he dodged them, stop this headcanon.

"Possible 7-A rollbacks due to lack of solid Goketsu scaling"

Anyway, I think its time we start discussing the main point of this thread, since its important we get this resolved. To start off then:

Qawsedf234

Almost a year back you calced Flashy's kinetic energy, however its using an outdated speed calc to get its results, So two things:

1. What would the results be using the corrected and accepted results instead? I've heard 20 Megatons or something, so would like to hear what it is from you,

2. Is it still useable? I understand the sites KE standards have changed since then, but is this specifically still fine to use?

Apparantly it was used as the justification for their Low 7-B rating a couple months back, before all the upgrades happened.

NoorTheNerd said:
That's aim dodging, But knowing that he genos unaware of the lasers when it almost crossed him and burnt his face he reacted to them unknowningly. The lasers already had almost reached him at that time in a much closer range as to it was almost going to hit him but he reacted to the unknowingly. It would be a legitimate LS reaction and combat speed.
Here's a scenario.

Person A, who has the speed of a Normal Human or 5-7.7 m/s, is getting hunted by Person B with a pistol, let's say a Glock 17. A Glock 17 has a muzzle velocity/speed of 375 m/s, which is far beyond a human's speed. We'll say that Person A and B are 450 metres apart.

Since Time = Distance / Speed, 450 (distance between Person A and Person B) / 375 (muzzle velocity of a Glock 17) = 1.2 seconds. Normal Human Perception is 0.2-0.129 seconds, so Person A is in the clear. And if he wanted to move like two inches to the side to dodge it, in that timeframe, since Speed = Distance / Time, we'd get 0.051 (distance he is moving to dodge it) / 1.2 (the already calculated timeframe) which = 0.0425 m/s.

Now, if we do this with light or a laser beam, using the same T = D/S, at the same 450 metre distance, we get a 0.00000150103 second timeframe (450 / 299792458). 0.00000150103 is in the realm of Sub-Relativistic+ to Relativistic Reactions, which this man doesn't have. But, it isn't Speed of Light reactions, since that is 0.000000003336 seconds.

Even if we use 10 metres, which is about the distance Genos was from G4, we only get a 0.00000003336 second timeframe, which is Relativistic+. Just because you can dodge something does not mean that you can perceive at the speed it's moving. And you even claim that Genos was dodging the lasers unknowingly, which implies that he wasn't even perceiving the lasers and reacted on instinct, which wouldn't give him Speed of Light reactions.

City Z is the size of a country but it's habitat area (The actual city) is Island level. City Z is surrounded by forests and mountains that makes its area more expanded and big as a country.

Having forests and mountains surround an area does not make it as big as a country. Hawaii, an island/state, is surrounded by forests and mountains, but it's a state in the United States. There are towns, like Century, which are surrounded by forests. And there are several cities in the west in places like Oregon and California that are surrounded by forests and mountains. Being expanded due to wildlife and plantlife does not constitute country size.

Along with that, Genos stated that the destruction of surrounding towns would be bigger than Z-City. Beefcake did destroyed City B when he died which is furthered supported later o. Boros' ship destroyed City A when it landed on it, supported here. And, Z-City was compared to the Monster Association hideout, which is at least 1.5 kilometres.

Mosquito Girl mentions blood in the forests, which are still within this about 50 km radius, the forests you claimed expanded it to the size of a country.

Yeah the KE stuff I did wasn't valid, even before the changes with KE standards.

I think any of the stronger Dragons should get an at least rating until a new feat or cleaner scaling is found.

The only feats I can think of right now is Rover's earthquake feats or EC's KE, but I'm unsure if they'd even get 7-B results. Even if they got 7-A results the only way it'd scale to anyone other than themselves would be if it were the energy attacks Rover used against Garou that got high results, since it'd also be a durability feat for him.

So many false points.

Countering ByAsura:

• The scans that you've shown are clearly from an another panel where he gets in the way of the lasers and it even hits him. He obviously was able to dodge the rest but those were so many lasers already that would require LS+ to dodge but obviously, Genos Still dodged the other ones before it could reach him. And no it's not an assumption when your own scan shows him Even getting caught off guard by two lasers but he was still able to dodge others in that scan itself and again after that too. And I don't know what type of reading skills you have as of everyone adapts differently but When just in the starting of the sentence almost it used the statements already becomes an If statement. And regarding that I had used "And" with it that would also include burnt his face too. And again, The panel you've shown. Right after that Genos clearly lands and suddenly the laser reaches him at a close rage that it ALMOST had made contact with him. And Even in the panel Genos is shown to be unaware, He lands on the object. Takes his time till suddenly the lasers interfere but he still is able to react to them unknowningly. And no it's not headcanon whatsoever as of he clearly in the panel is shown to react to them unknowningly.

Countering Nullflowerblush

• I see you're reasoning and it's quite unsettling. The person A can dodge that bullet from the gun when it's not fired and hasn't approached him yet. He wouldn't be able to react in time if it's already been fired because his reacting time period is so slower than the bullet, The bullet (When Fired) would've already have reached him by that certain period of time. Dodging it when it's not fired is aim dodging obviously. But an average human wouldn't be able to react to in time against a bullet that's already been fired and have reached him. As an average human he's too slow for that. He wouldn't be able to react to it unknowningly in the first place. And from where you got that time frame from? Also, Genos had reacted to them when it was fired and had reached him much closely as we also see in the panel. It Could've burnt his face of he wasn't as fast enough to dodge it. And even on Instinct you say, you should be able to react to the speed of objects you can react to because the actual reacting feats come from instincts as of you actually Dodge them unknowningly. Genos unknowningly reacting to lasers that were Almost going to burn his face, that's how the reachable lasers were close. And to react to them in combat and also as a reaction, you would have to be light speed to pass that.

• Again, those scans are of the societies that are actually habitant in that big country. The City is that big as a country but the livable area where the society lives is the small portion of the city. The actual livable area where the society lives alone do not cover the full area, There are mountains and forests that expand it more to country wise. Because the House of Evolution was way out in a forest, And the area where Genos wanted to fight Saitama is in a rocky desert landscape with no view of the city from any direction shown. Plus there are other smaller towns that are on the outskirts of the cities, In the recent chapters of the webcomic the fight between flashy flash and Speed O Sound Sonic takes place in a forest that is beside the city, Not to far from it. So the livable areas in OPM are not big as countries but further more expanded by its surrounding environment like forests and mountains and small towns also that expand it to Country wise in size. And The hero association refers to the whole package, The livable area, The mountains, forests and small towns as the entire city which is why when shown at the map they were called cities. The actual livable area where society lives is Island Level as of Mosquito girl somewhat said that the radius of Z city is 50km. An average Island is of 15 acres. And 15 acres are like 0.2464 in Kilometres. And the area where the society lives in Z city is about 50km. That's the livable area. That's Large Island, to be least. And the MA base tats pulled was shown to be as equal to it. That means that it's also of that size and Rover clobbered that with his earthquakes. That's easily Large Island level.

Noor, the default assumption for Island level on this site is Cyprus Island which is 9,251 square km. City Z is nowhere near that large, let alone large island level. Like the feat has been calced twice now, and both results are Tier 7 with the highest being Low 7-B.

Z city's radius is from what the medium we're given atleast now is 50km, 9,251 square kilometres are 2285971.88 acres, that's 96 Km. But still, that Cyprus Island. Is a large one. Z city by the stats of that would be small as compared to that but it still would be small Island Level. Considering 50km is 617728.6361 acres and average Islands are usually around Approximately 45,000 tropical islands with an area of at least 5 hectares (12 acres) exist. And those are average islands. It somewhat should be considered larger to that is what I'm referring to.

SuperAPM said:
No, the Anime version was far too different and was therefore discarded.
Yeah, i know, that's why we didn't use the high-end. But wasn't the high-end the anime version?

The highest medium range island is Mindanao whose acre is 24.1000000 that's 0.3123km. and Z city is 50km which is 617728.6361, That's highly superior to that Medium ranged island. Ànd also, Z city would technically be counted as in low tier of high islands.

Says the guys who doesn't what Friction is. Also, I've countered the points in one big Comment not numerous Comments. Is there a word limit too now while writing comments.

KGiffoni said:
Yeah, i know, that's why we didn't use the high-end. But wasn't the high-end the anime version?
Nah the high end had nothing to do with the anime, it was just two different speculated timeframes.

The problem with the anime scene was that the cloud splitting didn't even happen.

Tetsucabrah said:
KGiffoni said:
Nah the high end had nothing to do with the anime, it was just two different speculated timeframes.
The problem with the anime scene was that the cloud splitting didn't even happen.
Oh, i see.

Yeah, i know, i remember reading the discussions about it.

KGiffoni No, both it and the low end are assumed timeframes. The feat actually took quite a while to be applied because we were waiting for the Anime version to come out to get the timeframe, but obviously they ****** that part up so it was rejected. The Anime timeframe would actually be less than 1 second.

Look if you guys don't want me here than just say it, And I'll leave. I've already have witnessed the scaling of this site. There's nothing more left to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back