• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryope said:
Really hope the fight of Garou vs DK not gonig to be disappointing and end after 1/2 chapter of 20 page, i miss the times Murata go wild with creativity when he release a big chapter every month(FF vs ninja duo, CE vs PM etc) and not every 2 weeks,it feel like ONE press himself to rush the arc,although the manga is still very good
bro chill out

SuperAPM said:
Nyan vs Drive Knight was one of the best fights so far, and that was extremely short.
It was a good fight, but it could be longer,we didn't even see Nyan's full strength after all(Extreme Feline Retribution)

Nah? Making it longer would have just been padding, the short and precise nature of the fight is why it works so well, as it shows how efficient Drive Knight is as a fighter. No nonsense, just straight to business.

SuperAPM said:
Nah? Making it longer would have just been padding, the short and precise nature of the fight is why it works so well, as it shows how efficient Drive Knight is as a fighter. No nonsense, just straight to business.
You say that because you simply have no idea how the fight would have looked if ONE had added to it more context

The fight of Flashy Flash and Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame was almost 90 pages i think,and every part of it was great

Um, sure buddy, but that same argument works against you in equal measure, since extra fight panels could have made the fight worse for all we know.

Flashy's fight covered 59 pages, but you could argue even less considering almost half of that fight was spent in conversation between the ninja's. Child Emperor's fight was much the same. Truly speaking the actual length of their fights was roughly the same as Drive Knight's, there was just a lot more talking and internal dialogue in the former two. The fights themselves are like most OPM fight scenes, short, punctual and to the point, all killer, no filler. A fight scene isn't made great by its length, but by the context within them. Adding in more pointless punching or kicking would add nothing, a fight only needs the important beats to fully function, anything else is just superfluos detail. FF's and CE's fight scene worked because of the context within them, not the length. They told the exact amount of information that was needed, and was as long as they needed to be to showcase that. Nothing more, nothing less. Drive Knight's fight was no different. If a fight benefits from being long, then of course it should be long, but if it benefits from being short, then extra information will either add nothing or even make it worse.

i swear if murata makes darkshine vs garou last 3 months like he did with CE vs Phoenix man, im gonna throw a baby

i do hope that he extends the fight somewhat, like i want him to give darkshine a super saiyan type form where he becomes "golden darkshine". that would be epic

DbzDB2 said:
i swear if murata makes darkshine vs garou last 3 months like he did with CE vs Phoenix man, im gonna throw a baby
Tbh i prefer Murata to take his time, specially in this fight that is very important to Garou's scaling chain and overall one of (if not my) favorite fights in OPM.

Let's not be hasty, the final chapters aren't running away from us or anything.

DbzDB2 said:
i do hope that he extends the fight somewhat, like i want him to give darkshine a super saiyan type form where he becomes "golden darkshine". that would be epic
YELLOWSHINE

I really hope he gives him some ubsurd strength feats. Like a punch that violently shakes the entire MA base and above ground city. Just some mad shit or whatever

SuperAPM said:
I really hope he gives him some ubsurd strength feats. Like a punch that violently shakes the entire MA base and above ground city. Just some mad shit or whatever
isnt that what happen when saitama punched rover

If the fight happened after the base flip he could do a gouketsu cloud split, it's unlikely damaging the MA will yield a very high result since Saitama's punch on rover seemingly didn't get past the High 7-C to Low 7-B level

Maybe after Tats has lifted the entire base out of the ground, he then punches with enough force to send every piece of the base fly in whichever dirction.

i wonder how that technique Bang and Bomb used against elder centipede will look like if Garou uses it against a human

ByAsura said:
1) You've misunderstood the context of the panels, In this panel he jumps and G4 releases his lasers in the air to hit him. But Genos manages to clear them away. In the second panel, He has landed. He's not looking down. Its a stance. that displays he has landed. And afterwards in the next frame, The lasers approach him again but his reaction truly tells that he was suprised. Even we observers can see that as of he has just landed and than the lasers approach him and your third point truly admits that. They skipped t, In the anime he does dodges them the same as in the manga. I just watched that scene again and noticed it that he does. Also, Take this panel to a person who reads mangas alot he'll tell you that it cleary is a stance. He wasn't even looking down. Because if he was than he would be able to jump to another object before the laser can even reach the pole and not just him. But in the panel he clearly shows that it was acted upon unknowningly as of the lasers have already reached them that close that it was almost going to hit him but he still was faster and was able to react to the instantly. Also, In The third panel he clearly has successfully outmatched them and has landed on an another object before the lasers could reach him. It truly showcases that he has dodged them, Successfully.

2) That facial expression clearly displays him that he was shocked, It's not an opinion when someone provides evidence for the fact itself. In the scan its clearly shown that he dodges them unknowingly. Its eitheir that you don't know how to understand the contexts of the manga or decided to ignore it. The entire argument that people debated me was,

= "It isn't a laser"

= "Okay, It is a laser but thats a relativistic feat"

= "He still dodged them knowingly"

and also, I haven't called anyone a liar in the thread. Iv'e said that Iv'e taken my points out from the evidence which is correct. Thats why I called it "Evidential points". Your entire argument and points contradict the evidence which proves them invalid as of even in the evidence he clearly dodges them unknowingly. You can go on this for months, But you still would'nt convince me to go against whats actually shown. I legitimately step down for now from this thread for the 4th time, 😂.

I feel as though zomebieman should be upraded back to where he was, because there's no way that dsk woudnt have just ate him. Which means he could survive that or was just comparable enough with dsk to hold his own to begin with.

What on earth would suggest he would eat him? When in flying flubber duck did he ever even ''attempt ''to try and eat anyone during his rampage? ''What?''

SuperAPM said:
What on earth would suggest he would eat him? When in flying flubber duck did he ever even attempt to try and eat anyone during his rampage? What?
I think he tried to eat Sonic with his moray tongue.

i dont care what anybody says flashy flash does NOT have higher durability than darkshine like tf it is FACT that darkshine is more durable than flash, yet flash has a higher durability rating?

DbzDB2 said:
i dont care what anybody says flashy flash does NOT have higher durability than darkshine like tf
it is FACT that darkshine is more durable than flash, yet flash has a higher durability rating?
Agreed.

Garou says that if he can break through Darkshine's defeses that his attacks will break through anyone.

We're comparing a composite of both Webcomic and Manga Flash to just webcomic Darkshine. We just gotta wait for Darkshine to get some manga feats and scaling since the manga is buffing everyone. Darkshine's fight against Bug God wasn't much of a fight, so here in the Garou fight and later on in the arc we'll see more from him. The reason that Flash has the possible higher is because manga Child Emperor got a fight with Phoenix Man that increased both of their tiers, and that same Phoenix Man was weary of facing Flash. Purely manga scaling for him. Its legit. We just need to see some feats or scaling from manga Darkshine, unless we can also make a possibly higher argument for him since he's definitely 100% more durable than Flash due to in universe scaling even without a feat for it

"Flashy is more durable than Darkshine"

Lol let's make Darkshine faster than Flashy while we're at it.

https://********.org/chapter/67387/19

Ground Dragon's body is pretty much in tact after Saitama does this feat. Could be scale to the baseline Demon since they would logically have a tougher body than him or is that a stretch?

How would you scale a Saitama punch? And if the ground destruction is calced, it doesn't seem like it'll get passed High-7C at all just by looking at the scale of it. Unless I'm missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back