• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with 5 seconds exactly?

Saying "Well it seems too long" seems entirely subjective.

Ah, but shouldn't that give a relative idea to how long it would have taken in the manga as well? Even if the feat was changed a little?

5 seconds does seem like a bit much. 1-3 seconds is fair.

Damage3245 said:
I mean, how long it would seem to take is the only metric for that sort of feat

Damage3245 said:
watch any cloud dispersion scene in anime. the dispersion is almost always instant, not even a couple seconds, let alone 5.

if we cant use 1 second because its subjective, than isnt it fair to say that 5 seconds is also subjective? 5 seconds is just as random as 1 if we use your logic. like, where did we even get 5 seconds from? its just a random number chosen because somebody thought "it felt right"

@DbzDB2; I didn't say that 5 seconds wasn't subjective. I just think it's also fine to use.

It's a bit telling that in your initial post you said, "apparently 5 seconds was used as the timeframe for the cloud dispersion, and thats what resulted in mountain level. if we used 1 second the result is island level."

That leads me to believe that the primary reason you want the timeframe to be adjusted is to make some upgrades.

His motives aside, I do feel like 5 seconds is too much of a lowball. Maybe 3 seconds as a mid-ground?

Damage3245 said:
@DbzDB2; I didn't say that 5 seconds wasn't subjective. I just think it's also fine to use.
It's a bit telling that in your initial post you said, "apparently 5 seconds was used as the timeframe for the cloud dispersion, and thats what resulted in mountain level. if we used 1 second the result is island level."

That leads me to believe that the primary reason you want the timeframe to be adjusted is to make some upgrades.
even if i do want to change to 1 second for upgrades, that doesnt negate any of my other points. what makes 5 seconds more "correct" than 1 second?

do you even know how long 5 seconds is? count to 5 right now, without speeding up. is it really accurate to say that the cloud dispersion took that long?

if anything, gouketsu should be "at least 7-A" because he could very well be 6-C. 1 second doesn't seem any less accurate than 5

There is another possible method. Find the distance to the epicentre from the panel where he see the shockwave in the distance, find out how long it would take the sound of the punch to reach that distance, and that'll give you the timeframe of how long it took the clouds to move the given distance.

1 second is more than enough, Suiryu hears the sound and when he cuts the part of the cloud it has already been opened.

USklaverei said:
1 second is more than enough, Suiryu hears the sound and when he cuts the part of the cloud it has already been opened.
That doesn't make it one second.

The method I posted above would tell you the actual timeframe using that as the basis.

Well, then. You're gonna be happy about this. Gouketsu's cloud calc is wrong. It uses 0.5 instead of 1/12 since it was dispersed in the center.

Using the same stuff and only changing the method according to our Cloud Calculations page.

1/12 (3.413E11)*(2232)^2 = 1.4169138e+17 = 33 Megatons (City level)

Edit: Woops forgot a step.

Using the current timeframe of 5 seconds, the result would be 33 Megatons (City level).

Disappointing as it may be, it is more consistent with 7-B OPM Dragon-levels, and Choze/Suiryu's own downgrade would likely put them more in line with high end Demon-level threats.

Besides Geryuganshoop, the other characters that extend far above that level (Brave Giant, Phoenix Man, Metal Knight, Golden Sperm, Orochi, Psykos, Tatsumaki, Garou, Boros, Saitama) are generally exceptional circumstances and stand considerably above the bulk of the S-Class & Demon/Dragon-level caste.

Edit: Also, on an unrelated note, aren't there enough mentioned feats for Blast that he'd be Unknown, At least 7-B rather than just Unknow? Defeating Elder Centipede & the Ninja Village Leader should qualify.

Yeah, Probably something like "Low 7-B (Superior to Choze and Hundred Eyes Octopus)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back