• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
hey, could you check my current crt? i need staff there.
WC Genos had an improper understanding of Saitama's strength until the Garou fight. After which he went into an emotional slump because he realized that Saitama was so vastly above him that even during their sparring matches Saitama would never take him seriously because he just wasn't a threat.

Manga Genos is more of a fan boy, as shown with the whole infinite universes time travel scene. But his depiction in this area is rather schizophrenic, since he went from "Saitama needs help fighting Goketsu" to "Oh yes, Saitama sneezing away Jupiter isn't at all shocking to me" within the same overall arc.

I'm a bit late, but I gotta say, seeing Boros being back hits different. He was always that kind of a character that was "too cool" for the amount of screentime he had, but in some way that was part of the charm, seeing him back is one thing, but would you guys be happy to see him as a mere puppet of Metal Knight ? I hope that isn't the plan for him, having new feats is nice and all but I don't really care for that

Manga was short yet again but at least Void FINALLY arrived, I expected hum fighting Blast, but FF and Sonic against him is probably even better, maybe PS vs Flash vs Garou style on steroids
I get the feeling if he becomes a puppet, he's somehow gonna regain his consciousness or something.

The prophecy said Boros would find a worthy opponent on Earth. Saitama was not that fight, that person is still out there.

Genos, Blast, Garou, Tatsumaki??? We'll know someday.

The prophecy said Boros would find a worthy opponent on Earth. Saitama was not that fight, that person is still out there.

I'm pretty sure it was Saitama. And honestly, it's why I think Boros retiring is just the natural next step. Or he becomes like Goku and tries to get stronger, idk.

I'm pretty sure it was Saitama. And honestly, it's why I think Boros retiring is just the natural next step. Or he becomes like Goku and tries to get stronger, idk.
I just can't see a scenario where he doesn't come back and get that fight he desired. I feel Garou was hyped up after the cosmic garou arc to have another power up as well later on.

It was probably Saitama. Blast doesn't make much sense because Blast would destroy Boros no-low-diff. Tatsumaki maybe but I doubt it it doesn't feel right and she was literally right there when he was attacking. Genos I also doubt just cause it really don't feel right.

Garou I could see.

It was probably Saitama. Blast doesn't make much sense because Blast would destroy Boros no-low-diff. Tatsumaki maybe but I doubt it it doesn't feel right and she was literally right there when he was attacking. Genos I also doubt just cause it really don't feel right.

Garou I could see
What you’re literally contradicting yourself It definitely wasn’t saitama as he’s many many many times stronger then blast meaning it’s narrowed down to either blast or garou and garou doesn’t make since as he wasn’t even that strong until he reached his final monster stages meaning it could only be blast

What you’re literally contradicting yourself It definitely wasn’t saitama as he’s many many many times stronger then blast meaning it’s narrowed down to either blast or garou and garou doesn’t make since as he wasn’t even that strong until he reached his final monster stages meaning it could only be blast
Saitama and Blast would curbstomp Boros. Garou as a human would get stomped by Boros but there's no reason to think he can't become as strong as he got as a Monster. He'll likely never be able to reach his Avatar of God power level again but he doesn't need that to give Boros a rough time. I didn't contradict myself one bit buddy. Garou can grow stronger in the future if ONE feels like it, and possibly strong enough to make Boros struggle or even beat him.

I personally think it was Blast. Boros search for a worthy foe coincides with Blast search for God and learning more about and his battle against him.
Saitama always feels like this anomaly in the world that shouldn't be there and that appears and ends events that normally shouldn't be that way, like ending the House of Evolution or multiple groups in the same level as the MA, those things normally should be big deals if he wasn't present

Saitama and Blast would curbstomp Boros. Garou as a human would get stomped by Boros but there's no reason to think he can't become as strong as he got as a Monster. He'll likely never be able to reach his Avatar of God power level again but he doesn't need that to give Boros a rough time. I didn't contradict myself one bit buddy. Garou can grow stronger in the future if ONE feels like it, and possibly strong enough to make Boros struggle or even beat him
Then why are you saying it’s saitama lol also blast is unknown as we don’t even know how strong boros is in the first place pretty much everything besides his speed is unknown

You did contradict yourself like did you even read what you typed you said it can’t be blast cause he’s to strong then proceed to say it’s probably saitama ??? Where’s the logic in that

Then why are you saying it’s saitama lol also blast is unknown as we don’t even know how strong boros is in the first place pretty much everything besides his speed is unknown

You did contradict yourself like did you even read what you typed you said it can’t be blast cause he’s to strong then proceed to say it’s probably saitama ??? Where’s the logic in that
I said that because the logic that Boros' prophesied enemy has to be someone other than Saitama because Saitama's strength is too great doesn't work for Blast because he's also too strong. I'm saying this SPECIFICALLY about the idea that the "true" opponent was meant to be Blast.

I said that because the logic that Boros' prophesied enemy has to be someone other than Saitama because Saitama's strength is too great doesn't work for Blast because he's also too strong. I'm saying this SPECIFICALLY about the idea that the "true" opponent was meant to be Blast
It does work the prophecy wasn’t that boros would find an opponent who’s in another league who omega stomps it was someone that he can at least stand up against in a similar tier to him because his entire origin was he was to strong so he would go planet to planet searching for someone who can match him not one shot him

Your saying blast doesn’t work but he does and logically is the only that makes sense

It does work the prophecy wasn’t that boros would find an opponent who’s in another league who omega stomps it was someone that he can at least stand up against in a similar tier to him because his entire origin was he was to strong so he would go planet to planet searching for someone who can match him not one shot him

Your saying blast doesn’t work but he does and logically is the only that makes sense
Blast is in another league above Boros and omega stomps him. The claim that Blast works specifically BECAUSE Saitama "doesn't" is what I'm against because Boros would still lose horribly against Blast too. Which by default makes it more likely that Saitama was in fact the prophesied foe.

Blast is in another league above Boros and omega stomps him. The claim that Blast works specifically BECAUSE Saitama "doesn't" is what I'm against because Boros would still lose horribly against Blast too. Which by default makes it more likely that Saitama was in fact the prophesied foe.
We literally don’t know that my guy Blast is featless

We don't know that
😭Consecutive Normal Punch's with one-hand turned Boros into paste. Garou proceeded to match that, and then Blast came along and had an even match with Garou. Saitama's Normal Punch's which individually mutilated Boros weren't even stinging Cosmic Fear Garou yet he was feeling Blast's enhanced blows. Then you have Blast briefly holding back the energy of the SPS which produced a multi-solar level explosion, which would instantly annihilate Boros, leaving nothing but molecules behind. Blast also obviously hard blitz's Boros. AND you have Blast's numerous hax abilities and more experience fighting opponents on Boros' level or stronger. We don't know Blast's durability, but if Cosmic Fear Garou couldn't touch him, good luck to Boros.

This is ALL ignoring that Saitama objectively got stronger (possibly far stronger) from the Boros fight to then.

Blast would literally brutalize Boros low-diff. It wouldn't be much of a fight.

We literally don’t know that my guy Blast is featless
Are you separating WC Blast from manga Blast and saying all of this because of that alone?

The one thing that does not change between the manga and WC is the powerscaling between characters. The feats and statements are different, and the manga adds a bunch of new characters. But the difference in ability between always existing characters is literally the exact same like 90% of the time. The manga adds to the story, it rarely goes as far as outright changing it. Blast will still be in an entire league above Boros in the WC and that's just how it is. Boros ain't even strong enough to be outright called a God level threat, meanwhile Blast's whole job is fighting God level threats and preventing THE God level threat from returning into the world.

then Blast came along and had an even match with Garou
Did we even read the same manga blast didn’t do anything to garou like garou literally said blast wasn’t even worth his time lol

Consecutive Normal Punch's with one-hand turned Boros into paste
And? Getting pasted by saitama is not an anti feat and blast doesn’t have evidence he wouldn’t get pasted either it’s literally saitama

Saitama's Normal Punch's which individually mutilated Boros weren't even stinging Cosmic Fear Garou
You think every punch saitama does is on the same level that’s not how it works

Then you have Blast briefly holding back the energy of the SPS which produced a multi-solar level explosion,
Irrelevant that was done through his hax and don’t scale to raw physical or stats in any way for him

Did we even read the same manga blast didn’t do anything to garou like garou literally said blast wasn’t even worth his time lol

And? Getting pasted by saitama is not an anti feat and blast doesn’t have evidence he wouldn’t get pasted either it’s literally saitama

You think every punch saitama does is on the same level that’s not how it works

Irrelevant that was done through his hax and don’t scale to raw physical or stats in any way for him
Meanwhile Blast wasn't even focused on Garou either. Neither Blast or Garou were trying very hard and yet Blast was easily keeping up with Garou, landing blows on him, and we literally visibly see that Garou was feeling Blast's punch's, even if he doesn't say so himself.

I didn't say Blast wouldn't get pasted by a Consecutive Normal Punch's, he has no durability feats at all, but the fact is that his attacks were effecting Garou who was almost unaffected by Saitama's Normal Punch's and who literally matched a Two-Handed Consecutive Normal Punch's. Even Monster Garou tanked a Two-Handed Consecutive Normal Punch's which was extended for like 3 panels and he wasn't that hurt at all. Yet a WEAKER version of this attack turned Boros into paste. Why coping?

You need to prove that Saitama's punch's against Garou were even remotely weaker than they were against Boros otherwise it's just headcanon. And yes Normal Punch's often have the same power, it depends on Saitama and who he's punching. He obviously holds back against humans, but his Normal Punch's against Monster's aren't held back, he just doesn't put effort into it. He didn't want to kill Garou but Garou was tanking all of Saitama's attacks and there's nothing to imply Saitama's Normal Punch's against Garou SPECIFICALLY were being restrained.

I didn't say it scaled to his physical stats, but that does NOT make it an "Irrelevant" feat. If Boros used CSRC against Blast he could literally just throw it into space with no effort due to this feat.

😭Consecutive Normal Punch's with one-hand turned Boros into paste. Garou proceeded to match that, and then Blast came along and had an even match with Garou.
Not a good point considering Saitama was holding back to not kill Garou because of Tareo, whereas against Boros he was going for the kill.
Saitama's Normal Punch's which individually mutilated Boros weren't even stinging Cosmic Fear Garou yet he was feeling Blast's enhanced blows.
Gotta remind you that Garou only matches Saitama with Saitama Mode. He has to copy Saitama's stats to even match or even harm him. Garou thought Blast was some nobody and didn't even try to use Saitama Mode on him
Then you have Blast briefly holding back the energy of the SPS which produced a multi-solar level explosion, which would instantly annihilate Boros, leaving nothing but molecules behind.
The only reason we think that is bcs we rate Boros and Blast differently, bcs of their feats. If Boros just showed up and fought Blast with him having statements that he is equal to when he fought Saitama, we would rate him 4-A regardless that his best attack is stated to be High 6-A
Blast also obviously hard blitz's Boros
Again, same point as the one above. Boros is only slower cause he lacks feat and his best scaling is against Saitama

the problem with this is that we don't know how strong Boros truly actually was, cause he fought the god tier of the verse and made him have a good fight. He could be anywhere in the upper tier of the verse, bro could be Initial Awakened Garou's rival for what we know

Not a good point considering Saitama was holding back to not kill Garou because of Tareo, whereas against Boros he was going for the kill.

Gotta remind you that Garou only matches Saitama with Saitama Mode. He has to copy Saitama's stats to even match or even harm him. Garou thought Blast was some nobody and didn't even try to use Saitama Mode on him

The only reason we think that is bcs we rate Boros and Blast differently, bcs of their feats. If Boros just showed up and fought Blast with him having statements that he is equal to when he fought Saitama, we would rate him 4-A regardless that his best attack is stated to be High 6-A

Again, same point as the one above. Boros is only slower cause he lacks feat and his best scaling is against Saitama

the problem with this is that we don't know how strong Boros truly actually was, cause he fought the god tier of the verse and made him have a good fight. He could be anywhere in the upper tier of the verse, bro could be Initial Awakened Garou's rival for what we know
Please provide the panel where Saitama says he's holding back his punches on Garou.

I'm not talking about that because we're talking about Blast, who has no durability feats. I'm talking about Garou's durability. Saitama's punches weren't doing anything to him. Even Monster Garou was eating Normal Punch's without a problem.

It would either be called an outlier or it would be accepted, either way, what relevance does this have? You're talking about a hypothetical scenario. In reality Boros is still peaking at High-6-A to maybe 5-B being generous.

Okay, but we're operating on feats and narrative implications. Both suggest that Blast is in a whole league above Boros. We're not talking about fanfictions here.

I mean sure, but the point isn't about how strong he could've been but how strong he was based on what we know and his performance against Saitama. The fact that his strongest attack was multi-continent to planet level also makes this more evident. Even in the recent chapter Genos is unsure what his threat level is, not because Boros was too strong to read or anything but because it was too vague to estimate. Which was likely added specifically BECAUSE of the fact that ONE specifically left the disaster level of Boros (and OG Awakened Garou) vague, teetering between Dragon and God level. This automatically places a cap on how strong Boros can be compared to later characters.

Meanwhile Blast wasn't even focused on Garou either. Neither Blast or Garou were trying very hard and yet Blast was easily keeping up with Garou, landing blows on him, and we literally visibly see that Garou was feeling Blast's punch's, even if he doesn't say so himself.
ughh yes he was lol he was literally saying let’s see who’s better at manipulating the cosmos or something along the line his entire goal was to beat garou as quickly as possible and seal him away cause he was passively killing everyone no we don’t visibly see anything garou literally states after getting combined he wasn’t worth his time what blast was doing is the equivalent of what boros did to saitama knock him around unless of course you think released boros hurt saitama

I didn't say Blast wouldn't get pasted by a Consecutive Normal Punch's, he has no durability feats at all, but the fact is that his attacks were effecting Garou
No evidence of this so head canon and disproven by the fact garou wasn’t worried about blast if blast was truly harming garou he’d show more of a reaction
Even Monster Garou tanked a Two-Handed Consecutive Normal Punch's which was extended for like 3 panels and he wasn't that hurt at all. Yet a WEAKER version of this attack turned Boros into paste. Why coping?

and again saitama punches are not the same saitama like slapped away a full barrage of monster garou attacks with 1 hand then you have the fact he was explicitly holding back due to the kid’s request to stop him without killing him or severely harming + other stuff

You need to prove that Saitama's punch's against Garou were even remotely weaker than they were against Boros otherwise it's just headcanon
Already did boros is a monster with a prophecy that he’d destroy the earth and saitama is known to hold back less on monsters garou is a human where a human kid asked him not to kill or hurt him badly in any way then saitama didn’t want to really fight him in the first place telling him that he’s a bad villain and actually a hero

ughh yes he was lol he was literally saying let’s see who’s better at manipulating the cosmos or something along the line his entire goal was to beat garou as quickly as possible and seal him away cause he was passively killing everyone no we don’t visibly see anything garou literally states after getting combined he wasn’t worth his time what blast was doing is the equivalent of what boros did to saitama knock him around unless of course you think released boros hurt saitama

No evidence of this so head canon and disproven by the fact garou wasn’t worried about blast if blast was truly harming garou he’d show more of a reaction

and again saitama punches are not the same saitama like slapped away a full barrage of monster garou attacks with 1 hand then you have the fact he was explicitly holding back due to the kid’s request to stop him without killing him or severely harming + other stuff

Already did boros is a monster with a prophecy that he’d destroy the earth and saitama is known to hold back less on monsters garou is a human where a human kid asked him not to kill or hurt him badly in any way then saitama didn’t want to really fight him in the first place telling him that he’s a bad villain and actually a hero
image.png

He was explicitly not just focused on Garou. They were fighting each other but had other priorities. Blast was focused on saving people, Garou was focused on getting Saitama to bring out his full power, saying Blast isn't worth his attention is not what you're making it out to be, and if it WAS, it'd more so mean that Garou just had a huge ego. He was having trouble taking Blast down, and that's just a fact. Idk how you're trying to say that Garou could no-diff Blast or something. They were clearly in a similar league of power, but Garou was much more interested in Saitama than fighting Blast. And Blast most definitely did not bring out his full arsenal in this battle either. And yes Garou was feeling Blast's punches. Just read the fight.

The real headcanon is you thinking Garou would show "more reaction" if he was feeling Blast's hits.

When did Saitama say "I'm holding back my punches"? And how does him "slapping" away Garou's attacks mean anything?

Please show proof. It's funny you talk about headcanon and then say something wholly unsuggested in the fight.

Boros is back, ONE might bring back Orochi again as well. What's up bringing back antagonist powerhouses

I'm not that against of it but it might affect the quality of the story especially in "One Punch Man".

It was Saitama, the prophecy lured him there(inaccurate prophecy)
Yeah I mean Boros literally says at the start that his crew believed it was a ruse to lead him away and well, I think that's more likely than this idea that the opponent he looked for was secretly someone else on Earth.

Boros is back, ONE might bring back Orochi again as well. What's up bringing back antagonist powerhouses
Doubt it. Boros coming back was foreshadowed by Metal Knight showing up after the battle ended, furthermore we knew it was plausible because Boros is extremely hard to kill. Not to mention Boros was just treated as a way bigger deal than Orochi (sorry Boros haters but that's just the truth).

Orochi was ass, he was just a stepping stone for Psykos to achieve her true power, the bathtub monster vs Dominator of the Universe is not a good comparison

Doubt it. Boros coming back was foreshadowed by Metal Knight showing up after the battle ended, furthermore we knew it was plausible because Boros is extremely hard to kill. Not to mention Boros was just treated as a way bigger deal than Orochi (sorry Boros haters but that's just the truth).
Remember Orochi is not in the WC and Metal Knight appeared again at the end of Monster raid

Orochi was ass, he was just a stepping stone for Psykos to achieve her true power, the bathtub monster vs Dominator of the Universe is not a good comparison
I don't care. I'm not even comparing those two, but I'm leaning to Orochi more in terms of actual power though

Made out to be a big deal just to get the Saitama treatment and become a jobber.
I mean that's to be expected. Plus at the time of when he fought Saitama, the only other opponent to put up a decent fight against him was Boros, everyone else was jobbing to this man. And Orochi himself was at least able to dodge some hits from Saitama and actually lasted much longer than every other opponent that wasn't named Boros. So in comparison, Orochi was pretty impressive.

That was before the redraws that is.

Back