• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So what you're complaining about is that they revealed he IS limitless and growing? And that takes away from the "mystery" of how strong he is, therefore now we have no reason to think he can ever be beaten? What you're essentially claiming is that the gag only matters because people want to see Saitama lose or get challenged for real, yes?

Because that only became an "issue" because of Saitama's internal struggle and desire for a challenge. He has been looking in the wrong direction for fulfillment this entire time. The whole point of ONE's development and characterization in the manga is to take Saitama away from that mindset, and by extension, the readers. The pursuit of challenge for meaning in his life is a toxic idea that only keeps him depressed, just like how readers constantly wanting him to find a "challenge" is pointless and adds absolutely nothing to the story. All it is is a cheap thrill. If Saitama truly gets limited by ONE so that he can be "challenged" and potentially defeated, that goes in the face of everything he's built up thus far.
You both have good points, but on a conceptual basis, I agree with DTG. If Saitama has the power to just be +1 to whoever he fights, it invalidates his concept, origin, and what he's attempting to parody/subvert.

It's incredible when people ignore the facts, because...
Geryuganshoop in the databook is blatantly stated to be the strongest telekinetic in the universe.
The narrator states that Boros damaged Saitama.
Boros fought a Saitama with actual killing for 5 minutes.
Boros surpassed all members of his race in all physical atributes.
Using Meteoric Burst Boros can surpass the limits of any living flesh.
Boros was called strong by Saitama before showing his actual true power.
Saitama said to Genos that Boros was the strongest ever even when he died (so he didn't try to lie here, before anyone says it otherwise).
Surprised Saitama with his speed (we can see the same exclamation marks that only reappear when Cosmic Garou uses the Nuclear Fission Fist).

And we know that Tatsumaki was casually stomped by an in training Saitama..............
Remove the damage part anyway it's the same dude who claimed -

Since 4-A is such a massive tier heavily upscaling wouldn’t warrant “likely far higher”, he’d just be a higher end of 4-A. It’s the same reason Buu Saga DBZ is just plain 4-B despite being massively stronger than Cell.

Geryuganshoop in the databook is blatantly stated to be the strongest telekinetic in the universe.
Saitama said to Genos that Boros was the strongest ever even when he died (so he didn't try to lie here, before anyone says it otherwise).
Surprised Saitama with his speed (we can see the same exclamation marks that only reappear when Cosmic Garou uses the Nuclear Fission Fist).

And we know that Tatsumaki was casually stomped by an in training Saitama..............
1- Geryuganshoop is not the strongest esper, ONE said this in an ironic way. Go search the interview.
2- The Narrator didnt state saitama to be damaged by boros, this was boros' own STATEMENT.
3- Boros fought alone, saitama was just running around.
4- Boros is at best 20+years old, meanwhile blast's team have been fighting God for more time than this, so Boros clearly never met boris.
5- Surpass the limits of HIS BODY only.
6- no, saitama only called him strong because he actually was the strongest opponent he ever met at the moment, theres no secret here.
7- the strongest he has ever faced at that time, as i said before, this proofs nothing.
8- ofc saitama was surprised, he never saw someone that fast before.
9- tatsumaki was actually trying to get away of saitama, this wasn't really a fight.

and this all is you trying to give your point why boros should scale above Garou and Tatsumaki, but look, this aint gonna happen.
garou>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>abysm>>>>>>>>>tatsumaki>>>>>>>>>>>>>abysm>>>>>>Boros.
boros has died over a decade wanker, forget him

also, Geryuganshoop was the only one who thought that he was the strongest esper in the universe LOL.
As i said, even ONE and Murata debunked that. You want to talk about facts, but you dont even know the facts

This actually doesn’t debunk anything. Galaxies when viewed from far away don’t have to appear as actual galaxies in the sky. A lot of the time they simply appear as brighter stars which is actually what’s shown in the image.
What a great argument, we can only see nine galaxies from our Solar System with the naked eye, my guy. Can you DECISIVELY prove that the star-like dots aren't stars? No? Then the feat is 4-A.*

also, Geryuganshoop was the only one who thought that he was the strongest esper in the universe LOL.
As i said, even ONE and Murata debunked that. You want to talk about facts, but you dont even know the facts
and you're going to talk about databooks, lets put on tatsumaki's profile that she has infinit power :)

Ernst Stueckelberg, and later Richard Feynman, proposed an interpretation of the positron as an electron moving backward in time, reinterpreting the negative-energy solutions of the Dirac equation. Electrons moving backward in time would have a positive electric charge.[21] Wheeler invoked this concept to explain the identical properties shared by all electrons, suggesting that "they are all the same electron" with a complex, self-intersecting world line.[22] Yoichiro Nambu later applied it to all production and annihilation of particle-antiparticle pairs, stating that "the eventual creation and annihilation of pairs that may occur now and then is no creation or annihilation, but only a change of direction of moving particles, from past to future, or from future to past."[23]

This is why we see the positive and negative symbols on Saitama's electrons changing in that one panel. As Saitama moved backwards in time, the electric charge of his electrons flipped, and that's why he and his past self were pulled towards each other, their particles were attracted to one another and nulified themselves, leaving only one Saitama left.
speak in layman terms

say sike

This is what peak male performance looks like. Take notes everyone

image.png

This is why i claimed a dude who has only seen OPM is still a better debater than the majority of people here lol you all always wrong first tatsu > boros, second he > am, third genos dead, fourth opm ending, fifth saitama bleed and now saitama reality warping bruh the TL is not even out yet smh calm down

This is why i claimed a dude who has only seen OPM is still a better debater than the majority of people here lol you all always wrong first tatsu > boros, second he > am, third genos dead, fourth opm ending, fifth saitama bleed and now saitama reality warping bruh the TL is not even out yet smh calm down
i didnt understand a single word of what you wrote

Garou:
GAH This guy...he's doing the same thing I did on purpose

Saitama:
What's the matter, you're just trying to copy my moves to surpass me, right? Try it. That's what this is all about, right?
Garou:
That's crazy.
You're supposed to be doing the same thing back.
Each blow is even stronger than the one before.
I can't catch up...
No
He's getting away from me.
If I don't do something... I'm going to die from a single punch

Narrator box:
Saitama was still growing
No one could ever match him in strength, and no one ever perceived this level of growth.
Through an unprecedented surge of emotions an exponential surge in power appeared.
And now the only one who was in a position to observe Saitama's growth was completely separated from him.

Saitama:
You blew all my clothes off!
It's a little cold here, isn't it?

Scene where we get the graphs showing the Saitama and Garou disparity.

それはオレも同じか
あれは太陽
見つけた
見える範囲になら転送できる
まだツキは残ってたぜ
あばよ

コイツ。。。わざと俺と同じ技を
どうした俺の本気をコピーして俺を超えようってんだろ?
やってみろよ
そのためなんだろ

おかしい
同じ力で返してる筈が
次の一撃がさらに重くなる
追いつけない。。。
いや
離されてる
このままじゃ
どこかの一撃で死んじまう
今も成長を続けていた

いれもで強さで比肩する者が存在せず誰にも気付かれなかったその成長線は

かってない感情の昂ぶりによって
指数的な急上昇をしていた

そじて今唯一サイタマの成長を観測できる域にいた者も完全に引き離され

服全部吹つ飛ばしてくれやがって
ちょっと寒いじやね-か

RAW if you wanna check.

So basically Saitama experienced an explosive growth in strength since he finally faced someone who could match him in combat. Since nobody could ever match him before, his strength never grew and appeared completely static.

You are strawmanning me, constantly misunderstanding my points and arguing against points I never even made a stand against.

Reiterate what you think my stance is in the most generous way possible.
I understand that these layers still exist in OPM, we are not talking about those layers. We are talking about the biggest layer, saitama’s relationship to the shonen power creep and his relationship to self insert OP hax characters. Take the time to understand my perspective.

Saitama could be tier 1 for all I care. That’s not the point. The initial idea of flipping the shonen power creep on its head could be applied to any character and it would make very interesting stories because the main character is not the focus of the story. And because you don’t know if any of the side characters are going to catch up or not or if the next villain is going to be the one to give the main character a scratch or not.

It is a new format for story telling. It WAS ******* genius.

All you have is a character just stronger than everyone else with no grander purpose, with no idea in mind to take it one step deeper. All you have is +1 hax you are not making the reader think, you are not making the reader engaged and you are not making the reader interested. You are just serving the reader what they want and expected. You are not taking them on a journey to explore new ideas. It is One dimensional.
Wether or not saitama can get hurt does matter. Because right now we know exactly where things are going now. If saitama got a little scratch from gaoru then it would make us wonder if the next arc villain will be the one to give saitama a real fight.

Now we know he’s just always greater than who ever is standing infront of him. On top of the fact that he can just copy/make up new powers on the spot like time travel and undo any plot consequences.

It makes OPM very one dimensional.
I'm not strawmanning anything, you're expressing various different points that contradict each other. Your last point seems to be your main one, so let's take a stab at it: The inversion of shonen power creep means Saitama becomes the power measuring stick of his verse. Your enjoyment comes from seeing people "measure up" against that stick and without knowing Saitama's actual level, postulate about how close they are to his power, and hope they eventually match up. That is the main purpose of him subverting power dynamics and the main purpose of his gag, according to you. Is that correct?

Saitama having his mechanism for strength revealed is not "pointless". It shows that Garou could never catch up to Saitama just by trying to copy him; it says nothing about any other character. Garou's journey mirrors Saitama, but he fell on the wrong path from the start, and his growth was not naturally induced, unlike Saitama. There's nothing to say that another character with a heroic goal and a natural journey could not accomplish or reach Saitama's levels of power if they break their limitations. In future arcs, the focus will still be on side characters and their development as well as worldbuilding, and Saitama having infinite growth changes nothing about that.

What your point boils down to is just that you want Saitama to be limited, so that someone in the series could catch up. That "chase" for power is literally shonen-esque; the gag subverts that unhealthy desire you and other readers have. It will never happen, especially considering ONE's interviews about how he views Saitama. All this codifies in no uncertain terms that Saitama cannot be beaten.

The gag is unrelated to your desire to see Saitama get challenged or even beaten; it is in fact the direct subversion of your expectations. If you're complaining that you no longer get to have those expectations, that's the point. That's not even mentioning the fact that Saitama is only shown to grow exponentially more than Garou, not against every being.

OPM fights' stakes have always been about if Saitama is there in time or not. Now that Saitama's character has experienced the growth necessary to recognize his responsibility, the tool of time travel is in fact thematically consistent with him learning to be a better hero. OPM isn't one dimensional; your take on its gag is.

I didn't know that debating something related to OPM in a OPM thread makes you a bad debater lmao

I'm not strawmanning anything, you're expressing various different points that contradict each other. Your last point seems to be your main one, so let's take a stab at it: The inversion of shonen power creep means Saitama becomes the power measuring stick of his verse. Your enjoyment comes from seeing people "measure up" against that stick and without knowing Saitama's actual level, postulate about how close they are to his power, and hope they eventually match up. That is the main purpose of him subverting power dynamics and the main purpose of his gag, according to you. Is that correct?

Saitama having his mechanism for strength revealed is not "pointless". It shows that Garou could never catch up to Saitama just by trying to copy him; it says nothing about any other character. Garou's journey mirrors Saitama, but he fell on the wrong path from the start, and his growth was not naturally induced, unlike Saitama. There's nothing to say that another character with a heroic goal and a natural journey could not accomplish or reach Saitama's levels of power if they break their limitations. In future arcs, the focus will still be on side characters and their development as well as worldbuilding, and Saitama having infinite growth still changes nothing about that.

What your point boils down to is just that you want Saitama to be limited, so that someone in the series could catch up. That "chase" for power is literally shonen-esque; the gag subverts that unhealthy desire you and other readers have. It will never happen, especially considering ONE's interviews about how he views Saitama. All this codifies in no uncertain terms that Saitama cannot be beaten.

The gag is unrelated to your desire to see Saitama get challenged or even beaten; it is in fact the direct subversion of your expectations. If you're complaining that you no longer get to have those expectations, that's the point. That's not even mentioning the fact that Saitama is only shown to grow exponentially more than Garou, not against every being.

OPM fights' stakes have always been about if Saitama is there in time or not. Now that Saitama's character has experienced the growth necessary to recognize his responsibility, the tool of time travel is in fact thematically consistent with him learning to be a better hero. OPM isn't one dimensional; your take on its gag is.
Very nice analysis.

Back