• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Where are the people who once said "Saitama can't get stronger" and used the scene where he was talking to King as evidence lol. Actually, this is really one hell of a surprise that Saitama can still get stronger

Where are the people who once said "Saitama can't get stronger" and used the scene where he was talking to King as evidence lol. Actually, this is really one hell of a surprise that Saitama can still get stronger
Saitama can get stronger if he fights someone who pushes him. In practical terms he's still a bodybuilder stuck with 2kg barbells.

The shonen flip means that he’s the only level 100 character in a level 5 world. The rest of the world will eventually catch up to him. That’s what ONE had in mind from the beginning when you read his interviews. Now it’s just fan service to the people who thought saitama is just +1 hax.

The genius behind the shonen flip is that it could be applied in an interesting way to any setting to any type of characters. It’s a new and fresh idea that has tons of possibilities.

The OP hax character is over done and beaten to death. It’s boring because you know exactly where it’s going and you’ve seen a dozen times before.

It’s a shame that one punch man went this route.
JJK did this with Gojo, difference is that nowhere was it confirmed that anyone would -ever- catch up to Saitama in power. He's always implied that Saitama is unbeatable in-verse.

btw, this chapter is similar to when he fought a monster in the past, and after getting his shit rocked, he got up and one-shot (he didn’t get rocked here tho). Was that an extra? I remember that from long ago.

It’s actually really disappointing that Saitama took zero damage after all of that. Wtf was that cliffhanger bait last chapter ;_;. Mans look like he only picked up dust after this entire fight.
Imo, this is even better. Not only does it confirm how Saitama's power works, but it also confirms that Garou was indeed on par with Saitama anyways, which is pretty much even with Garou being able to make him bleed.

Most importantly though, with these last few chapters, any argument that Saitama solos fiction or whatnot has been completely, undeniably debunked. It's not even worth discussion anymore. Because of that, a large amount of the Saitama wank fanboys will finally quiet down. That's a win, in my book.

Imo, this is even better. Not only does it confirm how Saitama's power works, but it also confirms that Garou was indeed on par with Saitama anyways, which is pretty much even with Garou being able to make him bleed.

Most importantly though, with these last few chapters, any argument that Saitama solos fiction or whatnot has been completely, undeniably debunked. It's not even worth discussion anymore. Because of that, a large amount of the Saitama wanker fanboys will finally quiet down. That's a win, in my book.
The series isn't even over yet my guy LOL

Why even read if all you have is hate?

btw, this chapter is similar to when he fought a monster in the past, and after getting his shit rocked, he got up and one-shot (he didn’t get rocked here tho). Was that an extra? I remember that from long ago.
It was a bonus chapter very early in the series. I'll link it. And yeah I agree it's probably the same thing, or is at least very similar.

https://**********/read/gist/Z2lzdC...WYyMGU1YTlhMDMwZDgxL3Jhdy9vcG0uanNvbg/15-5/1/

Found this on reddit:

most important pages in the chapter, pg 41-52

S -> Saitama, G -> Garou, itallics are inner monologue

S: Heh, we landed right where we were before.... You aimed for this place didn't you?

G: Gah, what's wrong? Do it. Why don't you kill me?

S: Compared to you or king, I'm getting more and more annoyed by how unsuited I am, nevertheless I'm still a hero, Stopping you without killing you, is that kid's last word after all.

G: Last... word?

G: UARaGAAAHHH

S: Where are you going? Kid's over there

G: I... I... I was beside him, that's why... I killed....

G: Haa... haa.... Tareo... I see.... I am.... that's why I am the sinister future...

S: You've been strange since you came down from the sky, some strange thing did something to you, isn't it?

G: Even if that's the case, it's still due to the weakness in my heart...

G: What a joke... As long as I can't beat you I cannot become the ultimate evil, and yet the hero that defeated me "isn't suited to be a hero"? At least be like a hero, wave about that crazed justice and kill me confidently, then I can fade as evil...

G: I wanted to change the world, yet the first person I wanted to save is dead because of me...

S: Wanted to save? Don't you mean clinging on to?

G: Cling on to? Me? What the **** do you know about...

G: you're the same, isn't it? It's impossible for a human with that kind of power to maintain a proper mental state...

S: What are you going to do from now?

G: I have a favour to ask of you

The series isn't even over yet my guy LOL

Why even read if all you have is hate?
Why even read a series I like...because I'm glad that people who've claimed irrational things for years and insulted other people over it have now been debunked? That's a pretty weird thing to say. My views of a part of the fanbase has nothing to do with how I view the series.

You could use this new chapter as a cool plot premise for a fanfic....

- Saitama and Garou land on Earth and see dead Tarou like canon

- Garou breaks down

- Tries to fix everything by rewinding time

- GOD interferes

- Kills Garou like he did Homeless Emperor

- Destroys what is left of Earth then throws Saitama into the void

- Saitama eventually lands in another Universe ( whichever series you crossverse with )

- Has to live with the guilt that he is partially responsible for everyone dying cause he played around with Garou too long...instead of stupid plot device time travel in canon

- Good character development for Saitama begins

He literally claims Saitama is weak and Garou matched him, equivalent to making him bleed??? He clearly was praying on Saitama's downfall and is now coping
Saying Saitama isn't unbeatable and limitless in power=me saying he's weak kekw. I don't care about Saitama's strength, I care about the people who make these nonsensical claims about his strength and then insult other people for disagreeing with them. And how is it coping when the series has literally proven me right. Yes, being roughly equal to someone and making them slightly bleed are on par. I can make people stronger than me bleed as well, it's not that big of a deal.

I’m sure saitama is what blast was talking about, someone who can control the cosmos. I think saitama doesn’t know he can do that shit because all his life he just punches things.

If that’s the case, then we have 3 confirmed people that manipulate the cosmos.

There were no implications in either webcomic or manga that Saitama would ever lose or be matched in power. Not a single time.
Boros took more than one punch. The. Garou took even more punches. Eventually the villains are going to keep taking more more punches until he finds a real fight. It’s power creep from the other side of the table.

It’s like Goku if he had ultra instinct at the beginning of dragonball.

ONE stated this was the case in the interview.

Tbf the comparisons kinda make sense now if you’re comparing their abilities. Both have limit-breaking Accelerated Development and can copy powers.
I'm talking moreso about stuff like this lol

image.png

I mean they kinda did

Old one is definitely better in term of story wise
Ehhh, I’m thinking of doing a full analysis on the story of the entire I guess Garou arc in the manga compared to the webcomic. I really don’t think it’s so easily said that the webcomic is better story wise.

Back