• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
personally i like this fight with Garou. The webcomic fight may have had him look epic and fight for a long time but technically all he did was actively fail to kill Saitama while doing basically no destructive feats. Like yeah cool he beat the S class but then i look at this fight and it feels...right? It just feels right in the context of OPM. We kinda stranded from the comedy genre with all the evil super dark villains, we needed some stuff to lighten up the mood

I suspect this is another member of Boros' race. Boros outright told that he is apart of a species, which gained the best regenerative abilities in the universe as a result of the harsh conditions of their planet, but that he, in particular, was the strongest of them all. This Boros looking character could very well be another member of that species.

Idk if OPM is ready to dive into alternate universes, I think we're just going extra-terrestrial with these characters. And we know they definitely aren't from Earth as the Beast King looking dude says "earthlings".

Btw does the new feat have a calc? Because I'm very certain it's in tier 5 range. When I saw it I laughed louder than I have in probably over a year, remembering everyone saying Garou wasn't going to get feats better than Boros.

Either its over of God will possess Garou and we get a Round 2.
My prediction

Saitama and Garou leave the room after their discussion, Garou is emotionally damaged since the thing he's been fighting for most of his whole life and has been destroyed but can't stop thinking that the advice Saitama gives him is most likely true. God telepathically influences Garou into becoming true absolute evil/Bloodlusted since he's very vulnerable and The Saints arrive to battle him. Saitama notices and tries to stop the Saints from killing Garou trying to explain that he's a good guy until Garou attacks him and that's when Saitama notices something is off with Garou, then round 2 starts.

My prediction

Saitama and Garou leave the room after their discussion, Garou is emotionally damaged since the thing he's been fighting for most of his whole life and has been destroyed but can't stop thinking that the advice Saitama gives him is most likely true. God telepathically influences Garou into becoming true absolute evil/Bloodlusted since he's very vulnerable and The Saints arrive to battle him. Saitama notices and tries to stop the Saints from killing Garou trying to explain that he's a good guy until Garou attacks him and that's when Saitama notices something is off with Garou, then round 2 starts.
Considering you've already included the "he's not a bad guy, so don't kill him" previous to the serious fight, I think that the thing which caused Garou to go crazy is Saitama saying that he's just a hero for fun

Like WC, but now he gets a power up

I love it. At his heart, Garou is a young adult suffering from past trauma. The only moral thing for Saitama to do is to talk to him and help him. I know everyone wants the WC Garou, but this is a more human and emotionally grounded Garou, and should therefore get more humane treatment.
truth. It's just that people are so addicted to isekais that when they don't get their angsty edgy character they riot

truth. It's just that people are so addicted to isekais that when they don't get their angsty edgy character they riot
I mean I can see the appeal of both even though I like this version of Garou more. In the WC, he's more of a force of nature character, always getting stronger and being unbeatable until Saitama arrives, who himself is almost a force of nature character.

personally i like this fight with Garou. The webcomic fight may have had him look epic and fight for a long time but technically all he did was actively fail to kill Saitama while doing basically no destructive feats. Like yeah cool he beat the S class but then i look at this fight and it feels...right? It just feels right in the context of OPM. We kinda stranded from the comedy genre with all the evil super dark villains, we needed some stuff to lighten up the mood
WC Garou fight was comedy and actually funny but respected Garou. Garou didnt need destructive feats to feel like a epic antagonist and proper climax whereas the current version of him in the manga is a complete 180 shadow of his former self from the middle of the same arc with no terror, respect or good pay off. Manga Awakened Garou is just an terribly rushed set up for the Herovengers to fight the epic God dude.

Making the Garou calc rn
Zamasu when there's a new feat
2ogpol.jpg

WC Garou fight was comedy and actually funny but respected Garou. Garou didnt need destructive feats to feel like a epic antagonist and proper climax whereas the current version of him in the manga is a complete 180 shadow of his former self from the middle of the same arc with no terror, respect or good pay off. Manga Awakened Garou is just an terribly rushed set up for the Herovengers to fight the epic God dude.
i didn't see that many comedic parts. The one time was when Garou asks Saitama why he's a hero. I don't see why an 18 year old needing to be dark terrible and evil is so important, like yeah, its different, but its not inherently bad. I'd say current Garou is a lot more realistic

The best part about the webcomic is Saitama completely shutting down that angsty ideology with blunt honesty and brunt force instead of coddling Garou.

The best part about the webcomic is Saitama completely shutting down that angsty ideology with blunt honesty and brunt force instead of coddling Garou.
it is a good part, i ain't denying it, but Saitama having a serious series serious talk with Garou feels a lot more comedic and fitting of Saitama's character

I couldn't disagree more. The only time I laughed in the WC fight was when Saitama yelled "Shut THE F*CK UP!" and shot him. Garou holds back throughout the fight, which Saitama calls out, and yet he never really lets loose. After he predicted Saitama's attacks, and survived consecutive normal punches, he really just got his ass kicked the whole time.

i didn't see that many comedic parts. The one time was when Garou asks Saitama why he's a hero. I don't see why an 18 year old needing to be dark terrible and evil is so important, like yeah, its different, but its not inherently bad. I'd say current Garou is a lot more realistic
Most of it is ONE style comedy that isnt pushed in your face. Garou’s monster costume having sneakers and jeans, Saitama blank face staring at Garou’s stupid sneakers while he rages about being a monster, Garou and Saitama roasting each other, Garou not taking Saitama very seriously until a bit into the fight. Garou’s hilarious screeching when he knows he cant do nothing against Saitama. I actually laughed at each one of these things while nothing in the manga fight has gotten a single chuckle out of me besides thinking about how the story went to shit quick.

I couldn't disagree more. The only time I laughed in the WC fight was when Saitama yelled "Shut THE F*CK UP!" and shot him. Garou holds back throughout the fight, which Saitama calls out, and yet he never really lets loose. After he predicted Saitama's attacks, and survived consecutive normal punches, he really just got his ass kicked the whole time.
And somehow Garou feels more intimidating and like an actual climax than whatever the manga has given us.

Huh so from the looks of this chapter Garou's attack was weakening the dimensional seal that is on Earth. And Blast said that bastard (I assume God) will break through. I guess this will be how we potentially get an extra part to Garou vs Saitama. Due to Garou, God's seal might've weakened and I guess God will do something to Garou that will make him go against Saitama for a round 2.

Most of it is ONE style comedy that isnt pushed in your face. Garou’s monster costume having sneakers and jeans, Saitama blank face staring at Garou’s stupid sneakers while he rages about being a monster, Garou and Saitama roasting each other, Garou not taking Saitama very seriously until a bit into the fight. Garou’s hilarious screeching when he knows he cant do nothing against Saitama. I actually laughed at each one of these things while nothing in the manga fight has gotten a single chuckle out of me besides thinking about how the story went to shit quick.
like the first one is funny, the rest are just not notable enough to be funny to me. I guess at this point we've reached the state where we're arguing from personal preferences.

like the first one is funny, the rest are just not notable enough to be funny to me. I guess at this point we've reached the state where we're arguing from personal preferences.
Yea. ONE’s wc humor always hits for me. The current humor of the manga does not do it for me.

Back