• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's not how it works at all. Plus the 90 percent is for the manga lmao. The anime feat is actually lower than the manga. I've said it 3 times now.

That's my point.
Wasn't aware, my apologies.

I personally don't think it's mistranslated, one gave the team permission to make changes and they buffed Boros lol.

I remember that we will make a CRT about upgrading Sealed/Armoured Boros to Continent level, not just his armour based on the fact that his head smashed into the pillar and was still intact right?

I am refering to those scans, yes, but iirc there was a paragraph on armored and Released Boros where the term planet/star was also used. In his Released Key, it said "multiple" before the term, so that could be discarding that his Meteoric Burst paragraph is talking about a planet, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for his Released form to be stronger and his base to be equal.
Only thing I could find.

I am refering to those scans, yes, but iirc there was a paragraph on armored and Released Boros where the term planet/star was also used. In his Released Key, it said "multiple" before the term, so that could be discarding that his Meteoric Burst paragraph is talking about a planet, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for his Released form to be stronger and his base to be equal.
Yeah I referenced that earlier, it says he has latent energy capable of blowing away planets. I have the scan give me a sec and I'll upload.

Well, even in his armored form, he was confident on fighting Saitama after he witnessed Geryuganshoop's possibly Rel+ feat, so his Released form should be above that level. And once again, I'd argue calling Boros strong (which shouldn't only refer to sheer strength) and looking more serious than against Geryu is enough proof for a possibly.
Armored Boros got instantly yeeted into a wall so if we use “he was confident tho,” it should only be applied to his Released and MB forms.

Saitama calling him strong (which he only did once and otherwise acted like he was bored and/or annoyed with the fight btw) simply does not apply to his speed.

Icl, Boros is kinda overrated on the OPM sub lmao

On a thread about who has better regen, an overwhelming majority said Boros, while I agree anime Boros has better regen, there were people arguing manga Boros has better regen since he was "blown to millions of prices", there were even people who used the fact that Boros got hit by Saitama as a reason why his regen is better rather than the damage sustained💀. I'll just copy and paste my comment to explain my view on it

Anime Boros (blood and an eye) > Zombieman

Zombieman > manga Boros

People overrate how much Boros got destroyed by consecutive normal punches this is something Zombieman can easily regenerate from, this is Zombieman's limit, clearly alot worse than what happened to Boros. Without getting into speculative territory we can only estimate that Boros' limit is around the level of damage he sustained from consecutive normal punches since there is no scene of him taking worse damage or a statement saying that the attack was nothing to him, mincemeat is levels beyond that so Zombieman wins.

Boros can regenerate wayyyyy faster than Zombieman though so in a fight his regen is better.
Doesn't "zombie man can't regenerate from minced meat" refer to a webcomic? In the manga, he's already much cooler

it should only be applied to his Released and MB forms.
That's what I was arguing.

Saitama calling him strong (which he only did once and otherwise acted like he was bored and/or annoyed with the fight btw) simply does not apply to his speed.
The databook comments on the speed of the battle and Boros catches (I am not saying he is as fast, just that he overwhelmed a heavily suppressed version of Saitama) Saitama with a punch to the stomach. It is as clear as day they are going faster than Geryuganshoop's attacks, which were described by Murata as a joke to Saitama's eyes, and which Saitama himself made fun of.

The databook comments on the speed of the battle and Boros catches (I am not saying he is as fast, just that he overwhelmed a heavily suppressed version of Saitama) Saitama with a punch to the stomach. It is as clear as day they are going faster than Geryuganshoop's attacks, which were described by Murata as a joke to Saitama's eyes, and which Saitama himself made fun of.
Okay… that doesn’t really affect what I said in my last post though. Saitama calling him strong once =/= speed scaling.

Is that really sealed? I thought "planets" was for unsealed and "planet" for sealed. I may be wrong, it has been ages since I read that.

Well, if this is the case, since it mentions "latent" energy, it is probably referring to his MB trump card, which is 50/50 planet/star.
The armor limits his power, idk if it completely nullifies it in the anime. I believe latent refers to released. Since it's limiting his power. MB he's going beyond his limits and CSRC is a specific technique so it all can still fit.

What are you think about this?
I left a comment on the blog, I went through all the pixel-scaling, protracting and calcing and found a few things that should be changed. I did a recalc of the equation with my edits, if you want to copy and paste it- but it uses my old pixel scaling for reasons you will see so you may want to pixel scale the eyeball using another panel from chapter 157 and plug that into the equation.

It's a simple fix of swapping numbers around if you don't like the end used

Whether they were used in the same fashion is a discussion of its own, more importantly, Released Boros alone would be faster than what he'd have come across before. And again, he showed no reaction to Blast blitzing a full speed FF, which should be immensely superior to anything he has seen before, including Meteoric Burst Boros using this argument.
Saitama doesn't need to show a reaction to everything when he's already massively above everything in the verse in terms of speed as far as we know. His reactions to things vary depending on his mood, what's happening, and who's doing what. In Saitama's eyes, Boros, Flashy, and likely Blast are still extremely slow compared to him.
Saying that Saitama wasn't surprised by Boros speed is just speculation, regardless of the argument made. That's what's portrayed here, and it's consistent with Boros being an opponent Saitama truly considers powerful, not just "more powerful than everyone else".
Saying Saitama was surprised by Boros speed is just speculation as well, which Boros' profile already indicates since it says "(Saitama was seemingly impressed by Boros' Meteoric Burst" which IMO is a terribly weak justification. I would rather see Boros be likely superior to Geryuganshoop in speed based on his superiority or whatever than using Saitama's facial expressions as a justification. We don't know why Saitama was surprised and Boros doesn't have to be FTL for Saitama to view him as strong or the strongest foe he has faced.

I left a comment on the blog, I went through all the pixel-scaling, protracting and calcing and found a few things that should be changed. I did a recalc of the equation with my edits, if you want to copy and paste it- but it uses my old pixel scaling for reasons you will see so you may want to pixel scale the eyeball using another panel from chapter 157 and plug that into the equation.

It's a simple fix of swapping numbers around if you don't like the end used
Regarding the fact that this is a forest. Look at the frame again. These clouds are also found over other areas of the city, including directly over buildings. Agree that the forest does not grow on buildings.

Btw, I found this Geryuganshoop statement from Murata a few days after his sub-light rocks statement:

Q: So the pebble throwing of Geryganshoop is stronger than Tatsumaki’s?

A: Well... I drew it with the thought that it is right, but I don’t know whether the thought is same with ONE sensei’s official setting. Anyway, I draw enemies as powerful as possible when they appear, so there is a possibility that I overstated him a bit than ONE sensei’s setting, so at the time I drew the Geryuganshoop’s pebble throwing, I wanted him to be more powerful than her in some way.

Has this ever been addressed?

Btw, the original statement wasn't from an interview, it was a stream so that needs to be corrected on Geryuganshoop's profile.

Can you guys leave Blast out of these speed discussion? dude has done nothing yet that reveals how strong or fast he is. Speed blitzing FF was so Done so effortlessly that anyone being faster than that says nothing about Blast putting effort.

Regarding the fact that this is a forest. Look at the frame again. These clouds are also found over other areas of the city, including directly over buildings. Agree that the forest does not grow on buildings.
I spent a long time looking at the frame before I discussed it with others, and it still looks like forest to me, especially given how it bends around roads.

If you still disagree, then my only advice would be to double-check the angle to make sure the length is correct and look over the trigonometrics, because if the eye is properly sized there are only a few things to work on.

Ah yes, ignoring the size of the eyeball, I have two recommendations, one I forgot to mention just now. The first is the one I mentioned in my previous comment just now, I suggest that you should measure the angle you used to find the length again (I got 10 degrees, you got 35, so unless you were using the upper boundaries to find the width and not the width of the exposed sea floor, the degree should be significantly less than 35, this will upgrade the results).

The second is that you should consider a 0.25 second timeframe, at least as a high-end. Sage Centipede has no idea what happened, even though he saw Saitama run up to EOW and was watching when the feat occurred, plus since the movement occurred between panels it could be pretty quick.

Ah yes, ignoring the size of the eyeball, I have two recommendations, one I forgot to mention just now. The first is the one I mentioned in my previous comment just now, I suggest that you should measure the angle you used to find the length again (I got 10 degrees, you got 35, so unless you were using the upper boundaries to find the width and not the width of the exposed sea floor, the degree should be significantly less than 35, this will upgrade the results).

The second is that you should consider a 0.25 second timeframe, at least as a high-end. Sage Centipede has no idea what happened, even though he saw Saitama run up to EOW and was watching when the feat occurred, plus since the movement occurred between panels it could be pretty quick.
And I always use 35 degrees.

It's kind of like the standard formula that's pinned on this wiki.

Object size * panel height / (object height in pixels * 2tan (70/2))

At least this degree is used in the articles and I have never seen problems in using it.

Back