• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The last statement that said Boros and Garou were equals in the manga was in 2016. Then in 2018 Murata said the Garou fight would be on a much larger scale than the Boros fight? Wouldn't that automatically make Garou above Boros? Do you consider that an outdated statement too?
Not really? A bigger and grander fight doesn't make Garou stronger. The webcomic AG fight is already grander than the Boros fight anyway

It makes sense, considering AG's fight is longer and takes place in a larger environment.

Not really? A bigger and grander fight doesn't make Garou stronger. The webcomic AG fight is already grander than the Boros fight anyway
I think it makes sense because back in 2016, when Garou was stated an equal to Boros, Murata said that he would have to create the same visuals to show it. Since visuals is referring to feats, and "larger scale" also refers to feats, that should mean Garou > Boros.

i remember saying a long time ago that what i wanted the most out of awakened Garou were more skill feats, in special some skill based dura-neg.
I got what i wanted. All that's missing now is for him to get his analytical prediction feat against Saitama and all is well (though i wish they had given him more martial arts than the same 12 he knew in the webcomic).

That's through calcs, not visuals. Without calcs, you couldn't tell the difference between the moon kick and the earth core pull.
What? The moon kick only created a building sized crater at best while the earth core pull violently shook the planet, and caused multiple volcanoes to erupt.

By visuals alone, the latter is more impressive than the former.

What? The moon kick only created a building sized crater at best while the earth core pull violently shook the planet, and caused multiple volcanoes to erupt.
Thing is, normal people (the authors themselves, or fans) likely find the moon kick more impressive, so they consider that on a larger scale.

But yeah I can see your point. If feats don't show Garou greater than Boros', he shouldn't scale.

Also, if Garou beats the sage centipede he gets a decent "beat a very experienced old character" feat to stop things like "hmm yeah, this character is very skilled, but this character is 1298439859816491 years old, so he should be more skilled and have more experience"

While I do subscribe to the meme that normal people are smart and become stupid in groups, who would think that? Like, if you want to go into the thoughts of casual fans or even numbskulls, people have gone to the moon before. Not quickly, but it's definitely not some insurmountable and impossible scale.

What hasn't happened is warping the inner Earth and pulling a huge portion of its core.

Just normal people.
eMlOfa.gif

Back