• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Right, but that assumes the 5 km radius we're talking about is the heavy blast damage radius. I kinda figured it would be the fireball radius we're talking about since S-class guys shouldn't have problems with shockwaves that would be doing structural damage to buildings (but not necessarily destroying them). With a fireball radius of 5 km, it'd be more powerful than Tsar Bomba (which was 50 megatons) so high end 7-B up to low 7-A.

A fireball with 10Km is probabily High 7-A. I don't think it's a fireball, but well, it's an option
I mean the fireball inside the nuclear explosion, because every nuclear explosion has a fireball in the middle of the mushroom cloud
5452857ceab8ea170963f75c

Alright.

Fireboll volume = 2.6179939e+17cm^3
Mass = 3.2070425e+17
Energy = 3.2070425e+17*1001*919
Energy = 2.9502193e+23 Joules

Definitely not a fireball

o.... A Mushroom Blast, not a literally fireboll
Right, well when we're talking about the radius of a nuclear explosion in this thread, we're talking about the near total fatalities area, which I assume is the heavy blast radius, which where the shockwaves are strong enough to severely damage concrete buildings, possibly destroy them. However, shockwaves like that will not kill or necessarily even harm an s-class level fighter, so I think the radius Genos may be referring to is the fireball component of the blast which naturally has a much smaller radius. Tsar Bomba, the 50 megaton nuke, had a fireball radius of 3.5 kilometers

Last edited:
Here's an image of the fireball radius of Tsar Bomba compared to the total destruction radius put over Paris, the fireball radius is much smaller than the area of total destruction.
Tsar_Bomba_Paris.png

Qawsed, could you clarify what radius this thread is referring to when it says "near-total fatalities"? Other sites like nukemap distinguish between the fireball, heavy blast damage, moderate blast damage and light blast damage radii.

Its where the PSI wave is capable of killing everyone in the listed area. Its the fireball combined with other stuff
Ah, that's probably roughly what nukemap calls the moderate blast wave (5 psi), which it states is when "most residential buildings collapse, injuries are universal, [and] fatalities are widespread"

Wait, the Tsar bomb explosion is 100km
That's the point, the fireball radius was a tiny fraction of that total radius, the radius you find with this formula: R = Y^(1/3)*0.28. Technically you could argue that the explosion radius was 900 km, because the shockwaves shattered windows and did minor damage as far as Norway (around Tromso).

But maybe I'm mistaken about the fireball being 3.5km, I have several sources saying it was actually 8 km and that the 3.5km figure is a hypothetical. The fireball never actually touched the ground and therefore had a much bigger radius than it would have, had it exploded on the ground and not kilometers in the air. The 3.5km figure assumes contact with the ground, it was actually an 8km blast radius.

Might not be a death. Just like MHA, characters seem to all possess minor Type 2 Immortality because the plot demands they don't die.

"Oh no! All of the bones in my body have been shattered and I'm severely bleeding out, I'm also suffering from several concussions and should be in a coma, and my organs are pierced from my shattered ribs, guess I have to call a doctor."

Anyways, obviously Drive Knight just finished speaking to Genos about the Mad Cyborg, and Genos went with Saitama to Dr. Kuseno, who I'm guessing hasn't met Saitama yet in the webcomic. I'm guessing Kuseno was researching Saitama's body in an attempt to see if he can find out some way of beefing up Genos, which I'm surprised hasn't been done sooner. While Saitama was in there, the Organization (presumably) attacked and Dr. Kuseno was likely given a fatal or at least severe wound.

That's what it seems like. It looks like Drive Knight told Genos to take on Metal Knight, Genos went to check with Kuseno on what to do now that Metal Knight might be responsible for the Mad Cyborg. Then the Organization comes to take out Kuseno to push Genos closer to the edge and into their hands. Sure they'll blame this attack on Metal Knight...

Also somebody on reddit said that Drive Knight's name is "Zero". Like G0, I would guess

Anyways, obviously Drive Knight just finished speaking to Genos about the Mad Cyborg, and Genos went with Saitama to Dr. Kuseno, who I'm guessing hasn't met Saitama yet in the webcomic. I'm guessing Kuseno was researching Saitama's body in an attempt to see if he can find out some way of beefing up Genos, which I'm surprised hasn't been done sooner. While Saitama was in there, the Organization (presumably) attacked and Dr. Kuseno was likely given a fatal or at least severe wound.
That or Saitama finally accepted the artificial hair implants

I do have a strong feeling Genos is gonna get a huge buff this arc, since clearly this new arc will have a large portion of if not the climax of Genos' own story arc that's been going on from practically the start of OPM. I could easily see him getting High Dragon level. He's not too far off from that anyways.

I can't wait for the day Saitama shows a new feat that surpasses serious punch, thus rendering 5 years of pain, suffering and trying to calc it useless lmao
once the garou vs saitama fight is released in the manga we'll probably get a feat that surpasses the serious punch

wow i really liked the detail in the expressions for this chapter

Yeah, I think it was necessary, ONE has been leaning into the more expressive side of things to keep these dialogue heavy chapters interesting. Can't say we're lacking for content and plot developments though, I like it

Back