• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's insane how much ONE has improved from the start of it. Obviously he'll likely never compare to people like Murata, but all things considered, he's actually a decent artist.

I mean, most people who read OPM wouldn't be able to make the same chapters he does in the same time span he can complete them. The fact that he can get multiple of these out every 1 or 2 months is actually impressive and shows how dedicated ONE is.

If ONE had more time, and was focused on specifically improving his artwork during said time, he could probably get out webcomic chapters with similar quality to that of most manga around, kind of like how Camila's original Glitchtale animations were extremely low quality in comparison to her later ones in Season 2, where she began taking more time so she could focus on the animation actually being good rather than just being decent. But I would still prefer his current route, and honestly, I find a bit of a charm in his artwork, because it's, in a sense, kind of like ONE's own style. Obviously I'd still generally prefer high quality art like Murata's any day of the week, but I don't at all dislike ONE's art.

This is still, imo, the best pic ONE has ever drawn, he really has improved
pBDVBQR.jpeg

Yeeees.

Random question while we wait for translations. Where would you scale Melzalgald in terms of disaster level if he had no regen?

Well under the assumption that he wouldn't still have the clay body that can be ripped through by weaker foes and his durability just scaled to his AP he'd just be a solid dragon imo

Probably yeah, it's likely that his dura would've been equal to his AP. Tho he would've lasted shorter against the S-Class heroes.

Melzalgald would blitz bug god before bug god can react
His durability still plays a huge factor. Mel was getting destroyed by Puri punches which scale to, or below Metal Bat, via scaling to Garou, who at that time was stronger than the Garou that fought Metal Bat. That same Garou wasn't able to hurt Bug God, so I think it wouldn't be that bad of a fight.

Except melzalgald is straight up stronger than Bug God. As well as faster. Bug God's Ap being superior to his Mel's dura means nothing when Melzalgald is faster. All Melzalgald needs to do is use his superior speed and superior AP and slice bug god to bits

Except melzalgald is straight up stronger than Bug God. As well as faster. Bug God's Ap being superior to his Mel's dura means nothing when Melzalgald is faster. All Melzalgald needs to do is use his superior speed and superior AP and slice bug god to bits
It does matter, because superior speed doesn't mean anything when if Mel gets hit one or two times, hes dead.

Do you know how much faster Mel is?

Mel could keep up with Atomic Samurai, who Darkshine stated could easily blitz Half Monster Garou, who is faster than the HM garou before Orochi, who blitzed royal ripper, who could keep up with the Garou that fought Bug god

Mel = Atomic Samurai > HM Garou > HM Garou before Orochi > Royal Ripper = Bug God

Do you know how much faster Mel is?

Mel could keep up with Atomic Samurai, who Darkshine stated could easily blitz Half Monster Garou, who is faster than the HM garou before Orochi, who blitzed royal ripper, who could keep up with the Garou that fought Bug god

Mel = Atomic Samurai > HM Garou > HM Garou before Orochi > Royal Ripper = Bug God
*Royal Ripper <= Bug God

Even if speed was equalized Bug God we be long dead before he could figure out Melz weakness.
It was without regen

Yeah, I know, but back to the original argument, I still think Mel wins, but it wouldn't be one sided. One or two hits from Bug God would seal the deal, which isn't impossible, considering both Metal Bat, and Puri, were able to hit him, even though they are MHS+.

Basically Melz loses to anyone mid-demon or higher who can actually tag him a couple times. Awakened Cockroach might be able to do it if we lowball the speed to Puri Puri/Metal Bat's level

Yeah, I know, but back to the original argument, I still think Mel wins, but it wouldn't be one sided. One or two hits from Bug God would seal the deal, which isn't impossible, considering both Metal Bat, and Puri, were able to hit him, even though they are MHS+.
I highly doubt one or two hits from Bug God would seal the deal. Even without regen Melz can still shapeshift and split into multiple bodies. Also the only reason Metal Bat and Puri did so well against Melz was because they has backup from Atomic and Bang. If you removed those two Puri would get one shot and Metal Bat would have a very hard time with a slight chance of winning only due to his fighting spirit

Basically Melz loses to anyone mid-demon or higher who can actually tag him a couple times. Awakened Cockroach might be able to do it if we lowball the speed to Puri Puri/Metal Bat's level
I feel mid is underselling him considering Melz casually one shot someone on the same level as Deep Sea King.

Except no one can tag him as he could keep up with top tier S-Class heroes, and none of these demons could

Melzargard is fodder without his regen. His attacks seem at least fairly impressive, but at the same time, one of his stronger attacks literally didn't even visibly hurt Bang, with Bang himself regarding it as something that just loosened him up like a massage. That alone implies that even his AP isn't actually all that impressive. And the only reason he could keep attacking without being killed right on the spot is, again, because his regen exists. Even if his dura was amped to his AP, I could barely see him being Mid-Dragon at best, probably more so Low-Dragon.

Also, Mel wasn't "keeping up" with Atomic Samurai at all. Atomic was slicing him apart with no issue even when a bit casual. And when he forced AS back, that wasn't due to speed as much as it was him just releasing rapid attacks with morphed body parts, and even with so many attacks at once, AS was still easily dealing with it. Once AS got serious, Mel was blitzed. At best you could say he's somewhat comparable to very casual AS.

Why everybody got to rag hard on my boi Melz? Yeah if u take away his regen yeah he goes down a bit, but that's not all he can do. Also you people are getting on his regen so hard, but what if u took away say Metal Bat's FS then he would be fodder or Sonic's speed he would be fodder or Genos's incineration cannons or even Tank Top Master's tank top. They would all be fodder without it.

Except no one can tag him as he could keep up with top tier S-Class heroes, and none of these demons could
Metal Bat is only top tier when heavily pumped up, Bang is only top tier when he gets genuinely serious, and AS is also only top tier when he gets genuinely serious, which only debatably happens at one point when using the Atomic Slash. Meanwhile a severely weakened Hero Hunter Garou who was literally poisoned, bleeding out, already severely injured before then, not having eaten food in days, etc. was able to at least somewhat keep up with a Bang that, according to Garou, was just letting loose on him. If Garou was in peak condition at the time, he'd have fared much better.

Why everybody got to rag hard on my boi Melz? Yeah if u take away his regen yeah he goes down a bit, but that's not all he can do. Also you people are getting on his regen so hard, but what if u took away say Metal Bat's FS then he would be fodder or Sonic's speed he would be fodder or Genos's incineration cannons or even Tank Top Master's tank top. They would all be fodder without it.
Yes. They have unique gimmicks that make them hard to take out. Without those gimmicks they're fodder, same goes for Mel who literally would've been one shotted by Iaian if he didn't have regen, let alone any of the S-Class. Idk what your point is.

Yes. They have unique gimmicks that make them hard to take out. Without those gimmicks they're fodder, same goes for Mel who literally would've been one shotted by Iaian if he didn't have regen, let alone any of the S-Class. Idk what your point is.
IDk what your point is ripping on Melz so hard.

I'm literally just stating how strong he is lol. Idk what the hell you're going on about but I'm just going to ignore this.

Hmph That's what I thought. As a proud member of the MDF (Melzalgald Defense Force) I will not stand by and let people disrespect my boi Melz! So I'm going to make some matches with him to bump up his cred.

Also, Mel wasn't "keeping up" with Atomic Samurai at all. Atomic was slicing him apart with no issue even when a bit casual. And when he forced AS back, that wasn't due to speed as much as it was him just releasing rapid attacks with morphed body parts, and even with so many attacks at once, AS was still easily dealing with it. Once AS got serious, Mel was blitzed. At best you could say he's somewhat comparable to very casual AS.
I also think that Mel's speed should be downgraded. I think he is slower than Awakened Cockroach and Sonic. He didn't keep up with Atomic Samurai or Bang, they toyed with him.

He couldn't even land a proper strike on any of them while they were on gaurd. Metal Bat and Puri could also keep up with his movements. Atomic Samurai and Bang did completely blitz him, but the others didn't. Whenever Bang or AS landed an attack on him, Mel failed to dodge and he didn't even seem to react to them either.

His Sub-Rel speed comes from Atomic Samurai and Bang, who he failed to dodge and react to.

As for Awakened Cockroach and Sonic, I don't know, I just had a feeling that they are faster than him with no good reasons, so you can ignore that.

Last edited:
AS and Bang were pretty significantly faster than him even when relatively casual, so saying he's on par with them at their peaks or whatever is definitely stretching. He also wasn't literally reacting to all of them simultaneously. He just relied on his regen and method of attacking to try overwhelming them. They barely actually attacked him together, either. And even when the S-Class present attacked him at once, he wasn't reacting to, avoiding, and blocking them all at the same time or anything close to that, they just kept hitting him but never did relevant damage due to regen.

Back