• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Being higher dimensional doesn't mean anything in of itself. Plus God doesn't have a statement about his state of being at the moment.

Being higher dimensional doesn't mean anything in of itself. Plus God doesn't have a statement about his state of being at the moment.
What should the statement be like for a character to classify? If the being in question specifies its dimensionality, would it classify? (e.g. 3d, 4d, 6d)

What should the statement be like for a character to classify? If the being in question specifies its dimensionality, would it classify? (e.g. 3d, 4d, 6d)

Are higher-dimensional beings infinitely stronger than lower-dimensional equivalents?​

Unintuitive as that may be: Not necessarily, as a number of characteristics through which we quantify the strength or power of a character can remain unchanged when transitioning between higher and lower dimensions. For example: Mass is a quantity that is detached from the dimension of the object which it is inherent to, and unlike volume is not divided in units corresponding to each particular dimension (1-volume [length], 2-volume [area], 3-volume, 4-volume...). It is singular in nature and its units equally apply to all dimensions; whether it is distributed over an area or a volume only tells us about the span of space in which it is spread, not about the quantity itself.

As a consequence of that, much of the calculation methods which are used to measure strength apply equally to both higher and lower dimensions, as they do not care about the extra variables and often work with a single one of them. Examples of this are kinetic energy (Ek=0.5*M*V^2), force (F=M*A), work (W=F*d), and etc.

An intuitive example of that is found in the general definition of Work as defined in physics: In essence, as work itself denotes the energy applied to an object as it is displaced along a given path, the basic formula for calculating it only takes into account a single variable, and the path itself is treated as an one-dimensional object, regardless of the dimension of the space in which the action itself takes place.

Hence, a higher-dimensional entity can be both stronger or weaker than a lower-dimensional one, and thus, they are usually quantified based on their own feats, instead of dimensionality alone. If a character is merely stated to be higher-dimensional and simultaneously has no other feats to derive anything noteworthy from, then they are put at Unknown, and the same applies to lower dimensions as well.

Do note, however, that them not qualifying for Tier 2 and above doesn't mean they are "fake" higher-dimensional beings or anything of the sort. It is simply that being higher-dimensional does not inherently mean they have infinite power in the first place, as explained above.

I wonder if we can kill Phoenix Man by destroying the suit? And can his suit be destroyed with higher AP? Because in the new version, the scene where Phoenix Man dies was cut. So I'm curious about this.

So basically God would not only have to be a higher dimensional being, but he should also show that he has that higher dimensional space under his power, right?

Anyway I think these redraws will mainly be art tweaks, longer fights and such. The overall plot of the arc should remain the same though I do think that Flashy and Sonic backstory will be longer since I feel like that due to the lower pagecounts of the chapters they had to abridge it.

Which would make Phsccarvalho, Rinneltaichi and Ourosboros comments rather silly but we'll see how it turns out.
For me, I think it was the cartoon monster cells with Sonic. That was stupid and it made "God" look stupid which I think may have been unacceptable to ONE.
ONE is the same guy that made Sonic get his balls crushed, get diarrhea that made him lose 3kg and slip on dogshit not to mention that almost every time he is on-screen is for a joke.

Also ONE didn't "step up" he literally wrote that scene, when will you people stop pushing the narrative that Murata is writing the manga? It's tiring already.

I wonder if we can kill Phoenix Man by destroying the suit? And can his suit be destroyed with higher AP? Because in the new version, the scene where Phoenix Man dies was cut. So I'm curious about this.
Yes, if his suit is destroyed along his body he dies.
R/OnePunchMan’s mods are instantly removing any posts, regardless of popularity or the funny, then perma banning anyone who asks why even when they haven’t broken any rules. The sub is cooked lmao.

Shitposting and "low effort" content is banned on the subreddit

A good call? Maybe, maybe not. OPM "memes" degenerate into Facebook tier very quickly the few times they pass through the mod filter before getting removed.

“Low effort posts” because moderators are now Tatsumaki level psychics who can sense exactly how much effort someone across the planet puts into their funny ha ha internet post.

ONE is the same guy that made Sonic get his balls crushed, get diarrhea that made him lose 3kg and slip on dogshit not to mention that almost every time he is on-screen is for a joke.
The problem isn't Sonic getting used for a joke. It is God getting used for a joke. Someone made a good comparison with Lich from Adventure Time some time ago.

Which would make Phsccarvalho, Rinneltaichi and Ourosboros comments rather silly but we'll see how it turns out.

Also ONE didn't "step up" he literally wrote that scene, when will you people stop pushing the narrative that Murata is writing the manga? It's tiring already.
I'm sorry to hear it's tiring for you, but I make this case not because I'm seeking to make things difficult for you but because I genuinely believe it to be the case. If you'd like to stop hearing about it, you'll have to first convince me otherwise
Well for the first part, in my opinion that scene was stupid in isolation because the premise didn't make any conventional sense. I'm not opposed to Sonic's vision having a comedic twist, I'd just like there to be logic to the premise (AKA a reason why a talking monster cell might convince him) and suspense that's built up before being released.

The ball-crushing and diarrhea scenes are great examples of what I was expecting because the former releases the tension built up by Sonic massacring the Paradisers and the latter releases the tension from Sonic potentially monsterifying and getting himself killed as a result. Sonic should be a menace in isolation and he sees himself that way, it's just the universe keeps pulling the rug out from underneath him which is what makes me laugh.

That's a relatively minor issue though. What I think ONE didn't like about this scene is that it embarrasses God with no pay off. We've never had a gag scene with him before, he's supposed to be a genuinely eerie and intimidating villain. Not only were the monster cells neither eerie or intimidating, they obviously weren't going to convince Sonic so I have no idea why they were tried besides "it's kinda funny" (at God's expense)

Last edited:
I'm letting the arc accumulate, so I'm not even following it at the moment.

I'm talking more about previous things, since the subject was mentioned above.

Child Emperor vs Phoenix Man for me was a huge mess, mainly because I read you at a time when I didn't see OPM Reddit or vsbattle or anything like that.

This means that redrawn chapter 195 drops in 19 hours.

Excellent news! Surely they didn't compress 240-246 into just two chapters though, I'm guessing we'll have at least 3 chapters.

I'm expecting Sonic vs Flashy to get expanded tomorrow and for Sonic to show off more advanced techniques, exciting.

Excellent news! Surely they didn't compress 240-246 into just two chapters though, I'm guessing we'll have at least 3 chapters.

I'm expecting Sonic vs Flashy to get expanded tomorrow and for Sonic to show off more advanced techniques, exciting.
Chapter 195 redraw is just the Tenninto introduction and Blast trying to reverse monsterization

My prediction is that we will get double spreads for the Tenninto Ninjas introduction and art tweaks but maybe we will get something more...

Chapter 195 redraw is just the Tenninto introduction and Blast trying to reverse monsterization

My prediction is that we will get double spreads for the Tenninto Ninjas introduction and art tweaks but maybe we will get something more...
Hmm, I'm not sure about how the chapters are divided currently. I know some of these ten page chapters (chapter 195 is 14 pages on the fan translation) are only halves of chapters- I think tomorrow's release will combine chapters 195 and 196 (20 pages) into one 34 page chapter.

Otherwise we could see the Heavenly Ninja Party introduction really get expanded as you say, a 14 page chapter is conspicuously short as is... especially since the cubari chapter 196's Flashy cover isn't marked as the start of a new chapter. I hope I'm right about the chapters getting fused because the alternative is up to 8 weeks of redraws for 8 cubari chapters.

Well it's a bit different than that. Obviously ONE is a comedy writer as well, but making God into a funny character in any way is a very poor choice objectively speaking. It waters him down. It doesn't help that he has never successfully manipulated someone besides a random homeless guy that hated people anyways.

Fr. God's whole thing is a puppeteer controlling minds behind the scenes but he's not even good at what he does.
Before the goofy monster cell scene he had a track record of 3:2, persuaded Homeless Emperor, Psykos, (and Amai Mask), but didn't convince Tatsumaki or Garou.

You could argue he even outsmarted Garou because he knew he might overreact and try to slap his hand away.

Now if the redraws change it up for Sonic and Flashy he might be back on a good track record, we'll see

It doesn´t matter because God will be a universal threat and all those who have resisted his attacks will have resisted a universal being, in this way we will wank every form of life in the verse. kidding

Guys, what's your craziest prediction regarding God? Mine is that Flashy Flash, Blast, Saitama, Garou and others will fight against avatars of god 1v1 and will scale very high, like a squad of powerful beings sent by God or something like that. I don't know why but I have that feeling.

Back