• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
people forget that ONE confirmed that Boros rejected god’s deal when he was on his deathbed and then the arm Saitama punched off reincarnated into Boris and was recovered by Blast

a GOD's boosted being is totally different from a GOD's avatar.

unless you want to argue that psykosorochi is somewhat comparable to base cosmic fear garou.

something that i hardly disagree with just to be clear.

You know, now that I am looking back at some events, it was never a gurantee that Saitama is absolutely untouchable even before Monster Association arc.
OPM110Cover.png

I was looking for the translation of this cover and I noticed something interesting. It seems it abruptly cuts off after saying "The Strongest", not revealing whom it talks about. It sharply contrasts previous covers where it clearly says Saitama is the strongest and essentially foreshadows God's strength even before Garou's power up.

And going back to look at the old interviews, rather than saying Saitama is this invincible guy who will never lose, ONE has always just talked about how he is much stronger than the people he is pitted against. In one interview, he compares Saitama to a level 9999 player in the playfield of level 200s while in another one he says Saitama is a hero who has finished his journey. It is very common for the final villain of a series to be as strong as the hero, if not stronger.

Even disregarding all of the above, the reason for Saitama's strength was already shown in the chapter "The Limiter". His power can be played for comedic purposes at times but there was still an explanation for how he had gotten so strong. Reducing it all to nothing more than a mere gag would be spitting at Saitama's character and hard work. So even though it was very reasonable to think he would have no one in his league, there was always a sliver of possiblity that someone like that would show up.

What do you guys think about this?

Last edited:
You know, now that I am looking back at some events, it was never a gurantee that Saitama is absolutely untouchable even before Monster Association arc.
OPM110Cover.png

I was looking for the translation of this cover and I noticed something interesting. It seems it abruptly cuts off after saying "The Strongest", not revealing whom it talks about. It sharply contrasts previous covers where it clearly says Saitama is the strongest and essentially foreshadows God's strength even before Garou's power up.

And going back to look at the old interviews, rather than saying Saitama is this invincible guy who will never lose, ONE has always just talked about how he is much stronger than the people he is pitted against. In one interview, he compares Saitama to a level 9999 player in the playfield of level 200s while in another one he says Saitama is a hero who has finished his journey. It is very common for the final villain of a series to be as strong as the hero, if not stronger.

Even disregarding all of the above, the reason for Saitama's strength was already shown in the chapter "The Limiter". His power can be played for comedic purposes at times but there was still an explanation for how he had gotten so strong. Reducing it all to nothing more than a mere gag would be spitting at Saitama's character and hard work. So even though it was very reasonable to think he would have no one in his league, there was always a sliver of possiblity that someone like that would show up.

What do you guys think about this?
Bro has caught up with what I've been saying for the past 3 years.

ninja duo and tatsumaki ftl

les go

Is anyone here interested in TV tropes? If yes, can someone help to write "God"s profile? I have essentially doubled the amount of tropes he has and then some more but it is getting tiring.

Wait, it also says Gouketsu is the strongest member of the monster association. That is contradicted by the season 2 databook.
I mean, he is, Orochi is the leader so he wouldn’t really count as a member, and considering Gouketsu himself said Orochi is the strongest I doubt that he was included there regardless

Anyways I’ll take this as more proof that Boros folds Tatsumaki, even though we all already knew that 🗿

I mean, he is, Orochi is the leader so he wouldn’t really count as a member, and considering Gouketsu himself said Orochi is the strongest I doubt that he was included there regardless
Well, since Rover exists, I believe otherwise. Orohci implied Rover > Gouketsu during his encounter with Saitama, and the S2 databook says Gouketsu is not the strongest cadre so...

Anyways I’ll take this as more proof that Boros folds Tatsumaki, even though we all already knew that 🗿
Of course. And I believe I've also found something interesting on a non anime only website so that won't be denied.

This website is mobile only but is official and says Boros forced Saitama to use Serious Punch. That would make CSRC way stronger than Tats and any form of Garou before SP2. It's not that far fetched that Boros reached Star level with his final attack.

Edit: I know I should say this in the Boros thread but I thought you guys would welcome the new information.

I’m just hoping we can find out how to push Boros’ speed ratings a little further, since they currently are the most downplayed part about him on the site scaling wise

I’m just hoping we can find out how to push Boros’ speed ratings a little further, since they currently are the most downplayed part about him on the site scaling wise
Well, he melts his ship with sheer speed in anime and this is the same ship that withstood interstellar travel with no problem. MFTL+ Boros.

On a more serious note, I guess you can try to scale him to Saitama's speed against Geryuganshoop

On a more serious note, I guess you can try to scale him to Saitama's speed against Geryuganshoop
We do that already
It’s more so the goofy hh+ rating
In an ideal world, released Boros would be rated no slower than atomic samurai or flashy flash. I’m hoping there’s an upgrade somewhere that’s not involving the weird Geryuganshoop possibly rating shenanigans

This website is mobile only but is official and says Boros forced Saitama to use Serious Punch. That would make CSRC way stronger than Tats and any form of Garou before SP2. It's not that far fetched that Boros reached Star level with his final attack.

Edit: I know I should say this in the Boros thread but I thought you guys would welcome the new information.
we all know that this is blatantly false and purely hyperbole.
saitama literally stopped a multicontinental/moon level (we all know that gaia cannon is not multicontinental and once anime is here it’ll automatically get upgraded) attack with a squirt gun and destroyed jupiter with a sneeze.

he just wanted to show respect to boros.

after all, he was the greatest fight he had back then.

we all know that this is blatantly false and purely hyperbole.
saitama literally stopped a multicontinental/moon level (we all know that gaia cannon is not multicontinental and once anime is here it’ll automatically get upgraded) attack with a squirt gun and destroyed jupiter with a sneeze.

he just wanted to show respect to boros.

after all, he was the greatest fight he had back then.
csrc in the anime is literally 5-B, how is Gaia cannon relevant?

Well, since Rover exists, I believe otherwise. Orohci implied Rover > Gouketsu during his encounter with Saitama, and the S2 databook says Gouketsu is not the strongest cadre so...

Of course. And I believe I've also found something interesting on a non anime only website so that won't be denied.
you have a point. When Rover ran from Saitama, Orochi automatically associated him to the one that defeated Gouketsu and Elder centipede. And i’ll be honest, Rover is one of my favorite cadres, i dont like the idea of upscaling to him characters without even screentime

Back