• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
yeah I expected something like that
anyways we might need to remove Iaian downscaling from atomic samurai cause of rhino wrestler, unless someone can find a better feat

Quick Question, and don't think about this too hard
when a character A says that character B is stronger than themself, does that mean that we would assume that Character B is stronger than Character A using their full power? Assume that this is not accounting for transformations or any technique that results in an amp, or any higher tier equipment than the user.

Ayo I just noticed that the ability to see the future is scarily rare in OPM, to the point that an organization obsessed with espers and have extensive knowledge about such powers at a degree where they can produce artificial espers themselves, comments about psyko's "third eye" ability as just them having "heard so much about" it and less the organization actually in possession of any concrete information about said ability; forget it being available in their ranks for use.

Not to mention the very blatant connection between this new group and god. The name "Tsukuyomi" literally meaning "moon god", their objective with seeing into the future, what psykos herself saw about the future...

and saitama casually dreams about the future lmao

it just seems weird that he doesn't when at that time of training, saitama willed himself alive when his body should have been biologically inoperable, and willed the body to work despite the body no longer having the means to actually function... His willpower seems to supersede biology and override internal mechanisms in place for what he wants to happen.
In regards to saitama being bullshit, does the reasoning here validates saitama's resistance against effects that affect the human body? Like mind control, poison, paralysis, etc?

I mean doesn't all of the above mentioned do is simply influence or control parts of the body? Exactly the same processes saitama ignored when he willed himself to continue despite the state of his body?

The idea of such resistances would have been iffy if saitama only managed to maintain his will over his body for a short amount of time, but instead it lasted 1 year and a half. Worse still when you consider that for the majority of that time, the damages to his body only continued to increase and never heal, making willing himself all the harder the next day. Like an exponentially rising state of inoperability. Factors that influence or control parts of his body adding, increasing, stacking up every time he doesn't drop dead.

Last edited:
Quick Question, and don't think about this too hard
when a character A says that character B is stronger than themself, does that mean that we would assume that Character B is stronger than Character A using their full power? Assume that this is not accounting for transformations or any technique that results in an amp, or any higher tier equipment than the user.
Bump

depends on the context I guess? Like if said character feels particularly merciful and not going for the kill, it would influence greatly how they would perform in a death battle even if both are going at full power. Or a matter of bad matchup where their foe is a counter to the other's abilities? Maybe whoever claimed so is just in his/her character to be humble? The character lacking info and assuming incorrectly that he/she is no match? A case of overrating the other? So many possibilitiessssss

Ok so the situation here is peak fubuki vs amai mask
If she says amai mask is stronger than her, and peak is literally just her full power, then shouldn’t amai mask scale above that?

In regards to saitama being bullshit, does the reasoning here validates saitama's resistance against effects that affect the human body? Like mind control, poison, paralysis, etc?

I mean doesn't all of the above mentioned do is simply influence or control parts of the body? Exactly the same processes saitama ignored when he willed himself to continue despite the state of his body?

The idea of such resistances would have been iffy if saitama only managed to maintain his will over his body for a short amount of time, but instead it lasted 1 year and a half. Worse still when you consider that for the majority of that time, the damages to his body only continued to increase and never heal, making willing himself all the harder the next day. Like an exponentially rising state of inoperability. Factors that influence or control parts of his body adding, increasing, stacking up every time he doesn't drop dead.
Bump

What you said is more of a theory than something that could be applied to profiles, plus the fact Saitama can catch a cold denies his body being immune to anything that could affect a human

If she says amai mask is stronger than her, and peak is literally just her full power, then shouldn’t amai mask scale above that?
To me it seems peak fubuki isn't a transformation or powerup. Its her hax being used as offensively and defensively, so no.

What you said is more of a theory than something that could be applied to profiles,
I mean what else did saitama experience then instead of what I said? what is the general interpretation of what happened?

What I said happened about saitama's body is simply what I assume a regular IRL human body would be, if it went through what saitama experienced. My claims regarding the extent of his willpower are just based on the results.
plus the fact Saitama can catch a cold denies his body being immune to anything that could affect a human
I didn't say his body is immune, just that against such effects, if saitama WILLS it hard enough, he would be able ignore how it affects his body.

Like saitama didn't really put any effort into not caring about the cold lmao

Last edited:
it could be just fubuki downplaying and underestimating herself doe. Or a matter of incomplete knowledge; she doesn't really know how powerful amai mask is

king, saitama, and flashy flash are the 3 big outliers when it comes to statement reliability
of course fubuki got king's power wrong, he's literally king. I don't think we should take king statements as anti feats for credibility at all.

this is coming from the same person who thinks that water stream rock smashing fist shouldn't scale to base stats
ok bro
I never asserted that but go off.
Sky ripping fist doesn’t work increase strength, it just has greater range than normal attacks via shockwaves.
Hell, Bang and Bomb have an even stronger technique which is literally them attack the enemy with their normal attacks.
It’s evident in series that this technique doesn’t increase power and this same fact should be applied to Garou.

Bump

Just want some clarification because someone told me this kind of reasoning can't be used to upscale someone.

We’d definitely need something more concrete than that to give Saitama a bunch of Resistances he’s never demonstrated.
It just seems redundant for saitama to demonstrate the need to ignore his biological functions influenced or controlled by said effects, when he roughly did the same thing already? Saitama's demonstrated ignoring biological functions; the effects mentioned affect biological functions. The effects can result in the human body reacting in a variety of ways; Saitama demonstrated ignoring how his body SHOULD react. The effects result in *insert what happens; Saitama demonstrated ignoring the results of what should happen to his body. What, again, exactly stops saitama from doing the same thing he already did before?

Like the effects here are about affecting the human body, that saitama is already shown to ignore by powering through with willpower. How much more concrete does this need to be?

Last edited:
It just seems redundant for saitama to demonstrate the need to ignore his biological functions influenced or controlled by said effects, when he roughly did the same thing already? Saitama's demonstrated ignoring biological functions; the effects mentioned affect biological functions. The effects can result in the human body reacting in a variety of ways; Saitama demonstrated ignoring how his body SHOULD react. The effects result in *insert what happens; Saitama demonstrated ignoring the results of what should happen to his body. What, again, exactly stops saitama from doing the same thing he already did before?

Like the effects here are about affecting the human body, that saitama is already shown to ignore by powering through with willpower. How much more concrete does this need to be?
You’re extrapolating “Saitama can ignore the effects of all superpowers” from him being able to endure shredding his muscle fibers during his training. You don’t see how that’s a stretch?

You’re extrapolating “Saitama can ignore the effects of all superpowers” from him being able to endure shredding his muscle fibers during his training. You don’t see how that’s a stretch?
bruh when did I say "effects of ALL superpowers"? I'm just arguing for saitama's ability to ignore effects that influence or control biological functions? Biological functions, as in, how the body works. JUST shredding muscle fibers? Bruh read up on how too much exercise does to your body and you'll see how absurd what saitama managed. Dont forget the constant monster fights, the lack of proper calorie intake and uncaring for nutrients, no way to heal the injuries, stacking damages, worsening health, and self inflicted torture through winter and summer. Like I mentioned before, basically an exponentially increasing state of inoperability.

Like yeah if you cut off his hand, its gone. But if you break every bone in his arm, inject it with paralyptic chemicals, and sever the muscle and tendons, I rekon saitama would be able to operate it like normal with enough willpower.

Last edited:
Many characters have the ability to survive without any form of intake it doesn’t mean we should give them extra an ability because of it.

"His willpower seems to supersede biology and override internal mechanisms in place for what he wants to happen" is a convoluted way of saying he broke his limits through hard work, so no, he doesn't get all resistance to mind control, poison, paralysis, etc based off that

Many characters have the ability to survive without any form of intake it doesn’t mean we should give them extra an ability because of it.
But like, this was normal human saitama. As in, a regular human with regular human needs with regular human biological functions. The only way saitama ignored it is with supernatural willpower? Something specifically not normal.

bruh when did I say "effects of ALL superpowers"? I'm just arguing for saitama's ability to ignore effects that influence or control biological functions? Biological functions, as in, how the body works. JUST shredding muscle fibers? Bruh read up on how too much exercise does to your body and you'll see how absurd what saitama managed. Dont forget the constant monster fights, the lack of proper calorie intake and uncaring for nutrients, no way to heal the injuries, stacking damages, and self inflicted torture through winter and summer. Like I mentioned before, basically an exponentially increasing state of inoperability.

Like yeah if you cut off his hand, its gone. But if you break every bone in his arm, inject it with paralyptic chemicals, and sever the muscle and tendons, I rekon saitama would be able to operate it like normal with enough willpower.
Afaik we’d only be able to list this as Supernatural Willpower (which we already do) and a “Superhuman” Stamina rating, but if we wanna say Saitama can resist Mind Control for example he’d have to demonstrate that. We aren’t gonna extrapolate beyond that.

"His willpower seems to supersede biology and override internal mechanisms in place for what he wants to happen" is a convoluted way of saying he broke his limits through hard work, so no, he doesn't get all resistance to mind control, poison, paralysis, etc based off that
Bruh the events of that quote occured in the course of 1 year and a half. The hard work includes saitama ignoring his biological functions. Why are we acting as if what saitama experienced and its implications didn't at all happen?

Back