• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why doesn't it? GS is incredibly muscular, PS is slimed down, GS is shown to have immense strength, GS has immense speed.
Being more muscular=/= being stronger.

It was commented by Ian about PS being weaker because he slimmed down but that was rebuked by atomic Samurai who commented on what a huge aura PS had which he never did against GS

Can't find the scan to save my life, but I'm pretty sure darkshine got covered in acid before being knocked out by Goldsperm, which lowered his main defense by getting rid of the shine on his muscles?
If true than that'd make it very consistent.

And yet he didn’t actually take any physical damage.
You know, in boxing, when someone gets knocked out by a punch, they don't typically have a bunch of blood spewing out of their face and whatnot. It actually usually doesn't look like they took much damage, especially when it has only just happened. Darkshine not looking like he's hurt doesn't mean he didn't get one-shotted. By that logic, if Mike Tyson knocks someone out with a single punch, but it doesn't look like they're actually very hurt by it, that somehow means Mike Tyson isn't much stronger than them.

Hell, someone can even die and it might not look like they're hurt at all. Don't base these things just off of what you can see.

Can't find the scan to save my life, but I'm pretty sure darkshine got covered in acid before being knocked out by Goldsperm, which lowered his main defense by getting rid of the shine on his muscles?
If true than that'd make it very consistent.
Pretty sure Darkshine was knocked in the face by GS when the acid only came in contact with his chest. Plus there’s notable blood from the blow from GS on DS’s face too.

Garou used an early prototype of Fa Jin attacks to knock him out, it's dura neg, he cheated
Edit: oh wait, people are talking about Golden Sperm, nvm then,lol

You know, in boxing, when someone gets knocked out by a punch, they don't typically have a bunch of blood spewing out of their face and whatnot. It actually usually doesn't look like they took much damage, especially when it has only just happened. Darkshine not looking like he's hurt doesn't mean he didn't get one-shotted. By that logic, if Mike Tyson knocks someone out with a single punch, but it doesn't look like they're actually very hurt by it, that somehow means Mike Tyson isn't much stronger than them.

Hell, someone can even die and it might not look like they're hurt at all. Don't base these things just off of what you can see.
well darkshine didn't die so we can rule that out
and even by this logic, as long as you hit someone in the right spot you can actually fail to harm them physically but still knock them out. Ignoring pressure point entirely there's still stuff like being hit in the liver or whatever (I forgot what if it was the liver or not but there was but there's some spot where no matter how strong you are being hit there will floor p much any boxer)
either way, physically speaking it's entirely likely darkshine just has the highest defense but low stamina and just got knocked easily. His physical structure though, definitely can take a hit from GS.

still need the scan tbh

11.png

Here we go

06.png

This one? Cause this was right before he got punched.

23.png

Or this one when he just got acidified.
Ok so we know his durability was drastically lowered, since his "shimmer" is what gives him his dura in the first place
so he was clearly already significantly damaged before taking the attack, meaning I don't think we can just say darkshine would have even been knocked out by that punch before the acid got him. He still survived the attack completely regardless, so it's fair game for scaling a weakened darkshine from the punch

rebuked by atomic Samurai who commented on what a huge aura PS had which he never did against GS
Having a large aura is not the same as having higher raw strength. Of course with more Black S cells concentrated in one area the aura would be massive, that doesn't mean his AP is greater.

Any argument to justify Flashy Flash being stronger than Darkshine is speculative at its best, or just headcanon at its worst. I think it's stupid that FF>Darkshine and makes absolutely no sense, but that doesn't mean he isn't. He downscales from Platinum Sperm, who scales to/above Golden Sperm, who casually one-shotted Darkshine. It's just how it is.

Ok so we know his durability was drastically lowered, since his "shimmer" is what gives him his dura in the first place
so he was clearly already significantly damaged before taking the attack, meaning I don't think we can just say darkshine would have even been knocked out by that punch before the acid got him. He still survived the attack completely regardless, so it's fair game for scaling a weakened darkshine from the punch
Pretty sure that's a webcomic thing, I only recall that being mentioned as a genuine ability in the webcomic, but in the manga I don't think it was ever said.

And it makes no sense for another part of Darkshine's body to be weaker than what was actually harmed, regardless. The only argument you can make is that Darkshine wasn't mentally braced to get hit, and if he was he might've taken it better. Still doesn't change that GS is quite objectively stronger than him and knocked Darkshine out with one hit.

Pretty sure that's a webcomic thing, I only recall that being mentioned as a genuine ability in the webcomic, but in the manga I don't think it was ever said.

And it makes no sense for another part of Darkshine's body to be weaker than what was actually harmed, regardless. The only argument you can make is that Darkshine wasn't mentally braced to get hit, and if he was he might've taken it better. Still doesn't change that GS is quite objectively stronger than him and knocked Darkshine out with one hit.
Yeah it's kinda annoying that it shows his face as being smushed in, although that could easily just be from hitting the ground and not actually from the face being punched. The whole point of the scene is that either way, his invincibility was damaged which made him vulnerable to an attack, where he'd previously been unharmable. Golden Sperm may be stronger, but in terms of dura we still jumped the gun saying he isn't still top dog in the association (minus blast and saitama) since he was hit by a harmful dura negating attack right before that punch, which is overlooked.

well darkshine didn't die so we can rule that out
and even by this logic, as long as you hit someone in the right spot you can actually fail to harm them physically but still knock them out. Ignoring pressure point entirely there's still stuff like being hit in the liver or whatever (I forgot what if it was the liver or not but there was but there's some spot where no matter how strong you are being hit there will floor p much any boxer)
either way, physically speaking it's entirely likely darkshine just has the highest defense but low stamina and just got knocked easily. His physical structure though, definitely can take a hit from GS.
That wasn't my point.

Technique can help someone land a KO hit, but strength is still the deciding factor, even in real life. Even if I had good technique and knew where to strike, I likely can't knock out a disciplined professional boxer in one hit. And what? If someone knocks out another person by punching them, that is still harming and overpowering them. That's even more harm than just bruising someone, only difference is that the harm is mostly internal. By doing that, they are essentially causing a minor concussion. And there's even more to it here. Golden Sperm knocked Darkshine many feet away, and the impact caused a visible indent on Darkshine's face, arguably also producing a bit of blood loss, while completely knocking him out at the same time. He one-shotted him, that's just all there is to it.

This is theoretical.

It's overlooked because his shine, not even his muscles just the shine, was melted on a completely different part of his body. His durability doesn't change from that and the fact is that Golden Sperm casually one shotted him and Platinum Sperm is much stronger than Golden Sperm so Flashy Flash > Darkshine in durability.

Yeah it's kinda annoying that it shows his face as being smushed in, although that could easily just be from hitting the ground and not actually from the face being punched. The whole point of the scene is that either way, his invincibility was damaged which made him vulnerable to an attack, where he'd previously been unharmable. Golden Sperm may be stronger, but in terms of dura we still jumped the gun saying he isn't still top dog in the association (minus blast and saitama) since he was hit by a harmful dura negating attack right before that punch, which is overlooked.
There is no reason to think that his overall basic physical durability was weakened. Again, the only way you could say this is because he wasn't mentally prepared to get hit, let alone by such a strong opponent, he might, MIGHT not have been at his true defensive capability, but his head and bones wouldn't be genuinely effected by some of his skin being melted off, that is headcanon my guy, and like I said, I'm quite sure the Shimmer ability is a WC thing.

If you want to believe that go ahead, but don't state it as fact when it's just your interpretation of the scene. The face value assumption is just that it was meant to show how strong GS was. Darkshine was built up by his previous fights to become a jobber here to VFU and GS.

If you're talking about durability then yeah I'd still say Darkshine is physically the toughest Hero minus Blast and Saitama, I'm talking about attack potency.

There is no reason to think that his overall basic physical durability was weakened. Again, the only way you could say this is because he wasn't mentally prepared to get hit, let alone by such a strong opponent, he might, MIGHT not have been at his true defensive capability, but his head and bones wouldn't be genuinely effected by some of his skin being melted off, that is headcanon my guy, and like I said, I'm quite sure the Shimmer ability is a WC thing.
But his bones are never damaged, and he isn't even bruised. He's just knocked out by an opponent who catahces him off guard while he's weakened.

Also, he literally says that "M-My muscles... Their shine... is m... melting... My invincible muscles", this quote shows that his muscles are melting; the very muscles responsible for his defensive capabilities. You don't have to accept his shine being related to his durability to know that he's weakened in this state.
If you're talking about durability then yeah I'd still say Darkshine is physically the toughest Hero minus Blast and Saitama, I'm talking about attack potency.
Oh. I mean with instakill FF >>>>>>>> DS, probably even one shots him ngl. But I'm not sure if I think FF's raw physical strikes are superior to Darkshines, and if so, not by much.

But his bones are never damaged, and he isn't even bruised. He's just knocked out by an opponent who catahces him off guard while he's weakened.

Also, he literally says that "M-My muscles... Their shine... is m... melting... My invincible muscles", this quote shows that his muscles are melting; the very muscles responsible for his defensive capabilities. You don't have to accept his shine being related to his durability to know that he's weakened in this state.

Oh. I mean with instakill FF >>>>>>>> DS, probably even one shots him ngl. But I'm not sure if I think FF's raw physical strikes are superior to Darkshines, and if so, not by much.
Parts of the skeletal structure are effected by a knockout, including the jaw and skull, of course. Bruise's don't show up immediately when someone is injured, hell it can even take hours or days for a bruise to become fully formed and visible. He had literally just been knocked out, it's actually more realistic that it'd look like he's barely hurt. Catch's him off guard? Darkshine literally saw him show up and knew he was about to be attacked, just cause he wasn't fully prepared to be hit doesn't mean he was practically sleeping or unaware of a nearby enemy. And again, he's hardly weakened in any way that matters.

And please, please explain to me how this means that it'd have literally any relevance to how durable his head would be? If I got punched in the chest, that'd make my chest even more vulnerable to further damage, but that wouldn't suddenly make my face hurt and also more vulnerable, this makes no sense and has no justification at all.

FF was comparable physically to Platinum Sperm. Even if we downplayed Platinum Sperm's strength to just being equal to GS's, Flashy Flash would still be stronger than Darkshine by some degree.

??? what side are you on here
Gonna be real with you Ziller, question mark spam is cringy.

Anyways, I think Flashy Flash has higher AP than Darkshine, which was the main thing I was arguing, but maybe lower durability, that's kinda iffy, either way the gap in durability is minor. The reason I'm arguing is not because I don't think Darkshine likely has superior durability to FF, but because I disagree with your reasoning for him having better durability. I can disagree with your argument without disagreeing with your point.

Gonna be real with you Ziller, question mark spam is cringy.

Anyways, I think Flashy Flash has higher AP than Darkshine, which was the main thing I was arguing, but maybe lower durability, that's kinda iffy, either way the gap in durability is minor. The reason I'm arguing is not because I don't think Darkshine likely has superior durability to FF, but because I disagree with your reasoning for him having better durability. I can disagree with your argument without disagreeing with your point.
We can’t even be sure where he punched dark shine, since he’s just doing the typical anime “thrown at a wall” face, and it’d make more sense for him to hit the acid part of darkshine to take advantage of him being weakened. He also would have been slightly weakened just by the fact that he was damaged by acid in the first place, ignoring the fact that his durability was lowered.
I don’t see what’s wrong with the acid reasoning here

Parts of the skeletal structure are effected by a knockout, including the jaw and skull, of course.
I mean dislocating/changing the position of someone's jaw is not as difficult as breaking it.
Bruise's don't show up immediately when someone is injured, hell it can even take hours or days for a bruise to become fully formed and visible. He had literally just been knocked out, it's actually more realistic that it'd look like he's barely hurt. Catch's him off guard? Darkshine literally saw him show up and knew he was about to be attacked
I'm more saying that he wasn't physically prepared for a hit. He didn't raise his gaurd, he didn't even attempt to fight back, he just cowered there, crying about his muscles.
And please, please explain to me how this means that it'd have literally any relevance to how durable his head would be? If I got punched in the chest, that'd make my chest even more vulnerable to further damage, but that wouldn't suddenly make my face hurt and also more vulnerable, this makes no sense and has no justification at all.
I'm just saying that he's in a weakened state. It seems like his shine in general is starting to disperse, not just his chest. I'll concede this point for now though until I look over the fight again.
FF was comparable physically to Platinum Sperm. Even if we downplayed Platinum Sperm's strength to just being equal to GS's, Flashy Flash would still be stronger than Darkshine by some degree.
Yeah idk how I feel about PS = GS or anything like that. I'm very on the line with that.
I can disagree with your argument without disagreeing with your point.
Honestly, I do that sometimes. It's respectable to play devil's advocate now and again.

I'm thinking of doing some Chainsaw Man vs OPM Matches

1. Pureblood vs. Denji (Either Chainsaw Man or Chainsaw Devil key)
  2. Evil Eye vs. Gun Devil (Speed equalised)

Flashy Flash > Darkshine.

I’m loving the defenders having a melt down. It won’t change anything anyways.
I swear every time I see you, it's the most pointless post of all time. I remember last time on a blast thread you were like "nobody's paying attention to this lol" and then got absolutely ratioed by it getting accepted.
Stop being ****** useless, ok? If you've got something to say then it should be some kind of logic or argument, not just the classic "my opponent is wrong lol guys"
you are a side character in the universe my guy. If you disagree, then don't express that fact like a complete dork.

We can’t even be sure where he punched dark shine, since he’s just doing the typical anime “thrown at a wall” face, and it’d make more sense for him to hit the acid part of darkshine to take advantage of him being weakened. He also would have been slightly weakened just by the fact that he was damaged by acid in the first place, ignoring the fact that his durability was lowered.
I don’t see what’s wrong with the acid reasoning here
His head being tilted right with his left cheek being severely dented is more than enough to say where he got hit, I'd think.

I mean dislocating/changing the position of someone's jaw is not as difficult as breaking it.

I'm more saying that he wasn't physically prepared for a hit. He didn't raise his gaurd, he didn't even attempt to fight back, he just cowered there, crying about his muscles.

I'm just saying that he's in a weakened state. It seems like his shine in general is starting to disperse, not just his chest. I'll concede this point for now though until I look over the fight again.

Yeah idk how I feel about PS = GS or anything like that. I'm very on the line with that.

Honestly, I do that sometimes. It's respectable to play devil's advocate now and again.

Not relevant to my point.

Yes, but he still got one-shotted.

Sure. That doesn't mean he could just tank the same punch if he was at full capacity though. Here's the thing, even if we come to the conclusion that Darkshine was, to some level, weakened, it wouldn't change much of anything because the extent to which he was weakened is unknown, and assuming it'd make a major difference is, well, an assumption.

The most you could say is that PS's AP isn't any higher than GS's AP due to the lack of an outright statement, which is still downplaying him but that's the most you could say. To say that PS is weaker than GS though is absurd.

Pureblood is getting downgraded to 9-A soon and Evil Eye is getting upgraded to 7-B

Like I said, that's a pretty generic pose for being smashed into the wall, even being similar to when genos got turned into modern art.
This isn't a valid reason though. The face value interpretation given what we have from the manga is that GS just hit him on the left side of his face, that's it. Anything beyond that is speculative. Not to mention, even ignoring that's it's speculative, this is a major stretch and has very, very little reasoning behind it.

Back