• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In that case, you should be addressing the people that originally started discussing Bleach etc. in this thread. As for OP I've seen no legitimate justification considering continents broken up and rearranged into millions of islands is about equivalent to the OP world when calculating traveling speeds of the Straw Hats.
Take into account each of these Islands is more or less the size of australia
Millions upon millions of australia sized Islands combined with massives oceans that dwarfs them

I wonder....if Genos gets revived.....will it even be the same Genos at this point.....maybe a Genos with his memory wiped clean but Saitama still accepts him?

I wonder....if Genos gets revived.....will it even be the same Genos at this point.....maybe a Genos with his memory wiped clean but Saitama still accepts him?
Possibility. Might also just be Genos being brought back without any consequences, I think those are the two most likely outcomes. Genos actually being perma-dead is extremely unlikely.

The wiki hasn't been working for me on mobile for some reason. I figured it might be a personal issue because it does work when I go on incognito mode. Donno.
Yes I've been having the exact same issue, I have to open incognito as well. Must be overload or something

OPM's earth could be half covered in land masses and it wouldn't be larger than Earth. Irl Earth is 70% covered in water, so even if OPM's earth was 50/50, the size of Earth wouldn't change, just how much land there is compared to irl. There's a lot of room on a planet. So yeah, no one sane would ever argue that OPM earth is the exact same as irl Earth, the layout of landmasses is clearly different. But like I said, OPM earth's land to water ratio could be flipped and the actual size of earth wouldn't change.

OPM's earth could be half covered in land masses and it wouldn't be larger than Earth. Irl Earth is 70% covered in water, so even if OPM's earth was 50/50, the size of Earth wouldn't change, just how much land there is compared to irl. There's a lot of room on a planet. So yeah, no one sane would ever argue that OPM earth is the exact same as irl Earth, the layout of landmasses is clearly different. But like I said, OPM earth's land to water ratio could be flipped and the actual size of earth wouldn't change.
with the ratio being different and everything you can't even put a standard size on it tho. so its technically "?" in size.

I can, because again, Earth has a whopping 70% of its surface that could be filled up by new landmasses and still remain the exact same size as a planet. It wouldn't matter if OPM's Earth was covered in 99% land and 1% water, the actual size of the planet would have no reason to be different, because irl Earth could also be 99% covered in land and not change in overall size.

I can, because again, Earth has a whopping 70% of its surface that could be filled up by new landmasses and still remain the exact same size as a planet. It wouldn't matter if OPM's Earth was covered in 99% land and 1% water, the actual size of the planet would have no reason to be different, because irl Earth could also be 99% covered in land and not change in overall size.
yeah but ur under the assumption that irl earth=opm earth, with no real basis.

Saitama was already star-crushing since 2015 (proof) stfu gokutards. Didn't take a genius to wait until a galaxy-level feat to happen ch 167
image-2022-07-18-174426360.png

That doesn't apply here. It's called Earth, and Earth could fit the requirements for the different ratio of landmass to ocean shown in OPM, therefor it is assumed to be Earth sized until suitable evidence of the contrary.

Also if you really wanted to go the "but fallacy" route, I can just turn around and say "fallacy fallacy", where an argument having a fallacy doesn't disprove its point

That doesn't apply here. It's called Earth, and Earth could fit the requirements for the different ratio of landmass to ocean shown in OPM, therefor it is assumed to be Earth sized until suitable evidence of the contrary.
well if we're speaking scientifically the earth would be different in volume/mass so technically it would be different from irl earth even if it was by .000001%.
Also if you really wanted to go the "but fallacy" route, I can just turn around and say "fallacy fallacy", where an argument having a fallacy doesn't disprove its point
yeah but saying its fallacy fallacy isn't disproving my point, it's irrelevant. no need to get so worked up if someone throws a fallacy at u.

Idk what in my post could be construed as getting worked up, just stating that the fallacy didn't really work here when it's the standards for planet size discussion, and that throwing a fallacy out doesn't always mean anything and doesn't always disprove the point

Idk what in my post could be construed as getting worked up, just stating that the fallacy didn't really work here when it's the standards for planet size discussion, and that throwing a fallacy out doesn't always mean anything and doesn't always disprove the point
well i mean u said...
The basis is that it's called Earth. That's kinda all that's needed.
which is naming fallacy...which is what i replied to.

then u said...
That doesn't apply here. It's called Earth
which reinforces the fallacy.

so u reply with...
I can just turn around and say "fallacy fallacy"
so yes. at the end of the day ur point only revolves around fallacies.

It's called occam's razor. It's your burden of proof to provide evidence that the earth is any different from real life.
Specifically a different size, but yeah. The layout of OPM's Earth is clearly different, but since irl Earth could support that and be unchanged in size, that itself wouldn't be evidence

so yes. at the end of the day ur point only revolves around fallacies.
It's really just the standards of the whole different planet size discussion. The name fallacy just doesn't apply here. It's called Earth, and Earth has the size to support a different landmass ratio, therefor it is assumed it is the size of irl Earth until more evidence would be acquired. Even planets where the name is different are assumed to be Earth sized, it just so happens OPM's is still called Earth, so that assumption is even more reinforced

It's really just the standards of the whole different planet size discussion. The name fallacy just doesn't apply here. It's called Earth, and Earth has the size to support a different landmass ratio, therefor it is assumed it is the size of irl Earth until more evidence would be acquired. Even planets where the name is different are assumed to be Earth sized, it just so happens OPM's is still called Earth, so that assumption is even more reinforced
well yes if we're using standards set by vsbw any planet remains earth sized by default unless there is outstanding evidence to support a different size. but ur reasoning was it being called earth and the ratio's not mattering. which is irrelevant information.

Back