• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Better idea. Instead of presuming if it's ending, not ending, or what ending even entails (few chapters, final arc, next arc is final, timefrane (months, a year, more?) etc?).

We just like, wait and see because literally nobody here has any actual idea on what this truly entails.

It's Saitama.
I thought so too. But my dude, how does that make any sense? God literally talked with the guy and didn't seem particularly hostile. The very next moment he's sending personal drones to murder the guy? Based on what? A pseudo conversation?

Personally, it would make more sense for it to be Blast, to be honest, but maybe Garou is right, for some reason. Maybe there's a prophecy. Maybe God is just Agro over Orochi being turned to paste, I kind of wish they would explain it all better to be honest.
God's influence and contamination.
Unverified and practically head canon to be honest. As Genus explained monsters are made, when they aren't artificial or species-oriented anyway, when people become a different species through strong emotional distress. Phoenix Man also reveals that it occurs through overcoming a kind of death, something Garou also did many, many times.

God, however, directly interacts with his victims whether they be Homeless Emperor, Flashy Flash, Saitama, Garou, Psykos or Tatsumaki.

I'm not going to kid myself and say it's impossible, but currently I haven't seen any evidence that God has somehow managed to mind control hundreds of victims to do his bidding, stopping by peoples door like some kind of eldritch salesman especially since Blast doesn't seem to find any issue with leaving Earth despite being directly pitted against the guy.

Now I need new peak fiction to read
I'm Really Not The Demon God's Lackey is surprisingly amazing and even has a Saitama reference. It's a fantasy isekai that often goes into cosmic horror with charming characters. Like Murata the art is gorgeous with a surprisingly fair amount of fight scenes though you'd have to go through a lot of reading first and it highlights just how aesthetically pleasing the characters can be. Unlike One, I should warn you though, the artist likes to leer at the characters with close ups of their...assets regardless of gender which, depending on your personality, might make you annoyed or uncomfortable while reading it.

Cultivator vs Superhero is unfortunately not peak, but if you want to read about a parody piece of fiction that makes a commentary on the superhero genre (albeit not really a good one imo) with an OP protagonist it should be enough as a time waster. Unlike OPM though, the characterization of superhero societies are so out there that it really comes off as more disturbing than a funny or intellectually intriguing take on that kind of media. Any superhero fiction that includes magical girls and power rangers can't be that bad though...right?

Last edited:
Better idea. Instead of presuming if it's ending, not ending, or what ending even entails (few chapters, final arc, next arc is final, timefrane (months, a year, more?) etc?).

We just like, wait and see because literally nobody here has any actual idea on what this truly entails.
Or, you could pick a side, and also wait to see what happens. Win win in my eyes.

unknown.png

Cultivator vs Superhero is unfortunately not peak, but if you want to read about a parody piece of fiction that makes a commentary on the superhero genre (albeit not really a good one imo) with an OP protagonist it should be enough as a time waster. Unlike OPM though, the characterization of superhero societies are so out there that it really comes off as more disturbing than a funny or intellectually take on that kind of media. Any superhero fiction that includes magical girls and power rangers can't be that bad though...right?
I was reading this one and is huuuh...

Just gonna say tha the protagonist is not bored at all by his overpowerness, which sorta was Saitama's charm, which as a result made it less interesting, at least to me.

I would recommend it only to the people that are very very into and have experience with these manhuas...

The more you think about it the less sense it does. There was just a "10 year of one punch man" celebration on Tonari no Young Jump. The series' sales are doing better compared to 2020. The last couple chapters have literally been full of setup and foreshadowing for future stuff.

I wouldn't call them Blast Avengers...

More like, Blast's Ultimates due to the whole dimesional travel and dealing with cosmic anomalies.

If the series is ending..... what exactly was the original ID before people meme the original Garou chapter so hard that they massively retooled it?

Like does Saitama in his work down house tell Garou that he's an idiot? Such a weird thought.
You mean the redrawn fight before Cosmic Garou?

Well, Saitama casually overpowers Garou who realizes he wanted to die at the hands of a hero, and after daring Saitama to kill him Saitama comments on his issues with heroes and guides him to a broken down house (not sure it's even his house tbh) so that they could talk about Garou's psychological issues. They didn't really say anything after that point though. They were just sitting, staring at each other awkwardly.

It was both bizarre as it was endearing.

The more you think about it the less sense it does. There was just a "10 year of one punch man" celebration on Tonari no Young Jump. The series' sales are doing better compared to 2020. The last couple chapters have literally been full of setup and foreshadowing for future stuff.
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that it's ending.

It took away lots of character moments and battles that set up certain future arcs from the webcomic, put a lot of focus on God who was barely involved in this arc in the webcomic, and introduced Blast and a whole team related to him who also talk about God, made Saitama go full power against Garou who he still hasn't put down yet and Saitama mentions that he got what he wanted but still doesn't feel anything from it.

Things are moving so quickly that if it doesn't end in this arc, it's gonna end within the next one or two.

You mean the redrawn fight before Cosmic Garou?

Well, Saitama casually overpowers Garou who realizes he wanted to die at the hands of a hero, and after daring Saitama to kill him Saitama comments on his issues with heroes and guides him to a broken down house (not sure it's even his house tbh) so that they could talk about Garou's psychological issues. They didn't really say anything after that point though. They were just sitting, staring at each other awkwardly.

It was both bizarre as it was endearing.
I think this is fitting for OPM cus the main point of the manga is the subversion of the trope.

Saitama is un ironically a ******* skill fiend.

Man's out here smacking around Garou with no formal training or anything skill abilities (I.E Analytical Prediction, Information Analysis, Instinctive Reaction, etc.)

Absolute Chad moment.
Can he outskill Goku tho?

We got an answer as to why saitama needs to go all out against Garou, but at a heavy cost.

we going to lose something major in our lives.

Back