• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
IIRC the snowman calc was considered an outlier or invalid for some reasons that I don't know.

Edit: I just remember that it was discussed before and can't be used to upscale Dragon-level threats. I don't know the reasons.
Only because the calc itself was deemed invalid in another CRT.
No one ever bothered the fix the page after that so the outdated calc is still on his profile.

Also the calc lists 3.7716263*10^17 joules or 9 Megatons as 7-B+, but 9 megatons is only above baseline 7-B. So this would just make the dragons higher than baseline, but not +

No one ever bothered the fix the page after that so the outdated calc is still on his profile.
There's a new one? I figured it was outdated as the calc considers 9 megatons to be 7-B+. Likely due to the AP standards being different at the time.

Only because the calc itself was deemed invalid in another CRT.
What are the results for the new calc?

The outdated one is actually 90 megatons though, unless the 3.7716263*10^{17} joules end is a sig fig off

Are we talking about the discussion on this thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-punch-man-general-ap-upgrade-v3.55106/page-2#post-1810711?

"There was a problem with the giant snowman calc so the 7-B+ to at least 7-A stuff in the op aren't going to be applied.

But he was originally going to scale because he was assigned a dragon lvl threat which makes him stronger than the Giant Snowman which originally scales to its 90 Megaton calc."

"so is he going to stay the same or...?"

"stay the same."

What was the problem with the calc, it wasn't stated in the comments of the blog

We should really just make this from scratch lol

Ah ok. Worst case scenario, we calc this from scratch. Should I request it or is there someone here to do the honors?

To be honest I'm not sure what the problem was... maybe the speed? They do assume Giant snowman is moving as fast (relatively speaking) as a human is running, I would probably using a walking speed since he doesn't seem to be sprinting in the anime or anything

I think one of the problems they had was that the Snowman in the anime OP looks so much different from the one in the manga.

Gonna wait for input from Qawsed before I calc it. Because if that's not the mistake and I repeat the mistake, well that would suck.

I think we shouldn't scale dragons above beings that are unbalanced. By unbalanced I mean monsters have developed one area (Speed, AP, Durability) much more than the other ones. I wouldn't do it unless it's consistent.

It's like saying Flashy Flash is an Above Dragon because only his speed is in that realm. Giant Snowman is the same case but with AP.

I mean Flash probably would be an above dragon when he fights AG eventually

But the point of threat levels are to show which characters pose more of a danger, or are stronger than other monsters.

That’s... not... how it works. Murata said Orochi is an Above Dragon. Psykos was not in the manga when this was said.

You can’t apply a statement about one character to another one that wasn’t even in the manga when it was said, that’s just not how things works.
Orochi was called by Murata an above dragon. Then Murata said: "after all, it's still unsure if he can beat Tatsumaki" or something along those lines. He was upscaling Orochi via a hypothetical comparison with another confirmed Above Dragon (Tatsumaki)

That's already contradicted, plus Murata is likely wrong in this case and he's not exactly a 100 percent source of evidence

Is there a way to calc the KE of an avalanche? I think that might be the way to go.
To be honest, I think the KE method used in the previous calc is good if we can get a proper speed. Giant Snowman should be almost a km3 of hardened snow moving at a decent clip that's far faster than a person but nothing crazy. Hypersonic+ seems like way to much. He would be wooshing out of view in the blink of an eye if he were going that quick. In the anime he's moving very slowly, probably about the speed of a moving car when you account for distance. 87200000000\cdot27^{2}\cdot0.5

Since the mass equation looks pretty good, I'll start there 87200000000kg. Before I do the work of figuring out his speed in the anime, let me assume he's traveling at 27 m/s, a speed cars would be going at on an interstate highway.

87200000000*27^2*0.5= 3.17844×10^13 joules or 7.5 kilotons, 7-C.

Hopefully he's going faster than a speeding car, the anime snowman is slow af.

7-C is only for anime snowman?
Eh, I guessed his speed and tried to lowball. He's probably going a little faster than that, although snowman actually has to be moving at almost 1000 m/s or nearly mach 3 to make city level. I'll have to think of a way to apply avalanche physics to 'im and see what that gets

I honestly think subsonic is the lowball here. I'd imagine the snowman would actually pick up much more momentum via sheer size.

So it needs to be mach in order to be 7-B. Well that was underwhelming. I guess asking some other knowledgeable calc member on this would be helpful

Back