• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
According to a bonus chapter Saitama doesn't actually consider his Serious Series moves to be anything special, explaining why his Normal Series can sometimes be superior to his "Serious" moves if he feels like it.

"I don't really have a killer move to be honest."

"Aren't killer moves supposed to be reserved for opponents that can't be defeated otherwise? But there're no enemies I can't beat in the first place"
In the main continuity the serious moves are always far more impressive than normal.

In the main continuity the serious moves are always far more impressive than normal.
No, they haven't.

Also Saitama confirming there's no enemy he can't beat with his normal attacks directly disproves your CSRC upgrade proposal

That's the point.
Saitama has no special attacks and the Serious/Casual denomination does not directly and objectively mean superiority/inferiority. Context for what they're used is important.
Serious moves have been used against Above dragons, a dragon level 7-B monster and a demon level human speedster.
Casual moves have been used against Above Dragons ( the blow that killed Orochi, the blow that weakened Psykorochi, Consecutive normal punches against Garou both in his monster and Cosmic fear form and Meteoric Burst Boros and has also been used against B-class foes like Fubuki's henchmen.)

No, they haven't.

Also Saitama confirming there's no enemy he can't beat with his normal attacks directly disproves your CSRC upgrade proposal
Boros was dead by then, so his statement would be correct. He also said killer moves are monsters he can't defeat otherwise. Hence why he used serious punch on CSRC.

Boros was dead by then, so his statement would be correct. He also said killer moves are monsters he can't defeat otherwise. Hence why he used serious punch on CSRC.
Read the chapter. He stated there's no enemy he can't beat with normal punches, so saying he needed to use a Serious Punch on the CSRC is objectively incorrect.

yIUsdND_d.webp

The serious punch that killed EC is absolutely not as strong as the casual punch that killed Orochi.
Not to mention he negates Orochi's ultimate move wich scales to his durability with a Serious move and then proceeds to one-shot him with a casual punch.

I feel like these specific instances are very blatant evidences that serious does not equal stronger.

Read the chapter. He stated there's no enemy he can't beat with normal punches, so saying he needed to use a Serious Punch on the CSRC is objectively incorrect.

yIUsdND_d.webp
That statement is incorrect in itself. He did not defeat Boros with a normal punch. When Boros was about to fire off his attack Saitama is visibly alarmed as indicated by the "!". He knew he had to use his Serious punch.

The serious punch that killed EC is absolutely not as strong as the casual punch that killed Orochi.
Not to mention he negates Orochi's ultimate move wich scales to his durability with a Serious move and then proceeds to one-shot him with a casual punch.

I feel like these specific instances are very blatant evidences that serious does not equal stronger.
They don't have to equal each other, but they are stated to be above s class and Gods.

That statement is incorrect in itself. He did not defeat Boros with a normal punch. When Boros was about to fire off his attack Saitama is visibly alarmed as indicated by the "!". He knew he had to use his Serious punch.
He didn't, but he could've. Saitama's alarm was only due to the fact that Boros was moments away from killing everyone on earth besides the two of them.

Except he can't, he's clearly outmatched right now.
Threatening to blow up the earth's surface is enough to outmatch Saitama? Seriously?
Why even take his world when his serious moves are stated to be much stronger by the databook?
Because primary canon > secondary canon. We have Saitama's clear statement and the demonstrations of Normal Series attacks being stronger than Serious attacks.

Saitama's stated to have Serious moves dimensions above his regular and it gets downplayed lol a whole lot of headcanon going on here. I gotta get some sleep anyways. Goodnight.

I have to strongly disagree with that calculation.

Psykos' beams don't even explode often, and it looks nothing like that when they do. What Kachon used as an example in the comments was a missile.

And we don't use the speed of chemical explosions for these kinds of calcs. We use the speed of sound (which I think is still applicable here, since it's based on shockwaves).

Updating the results gets Mach 488.

Psykos' beams don't even explode often, and it looks nothing like that when they do. What Kachon used as an example in the comments was a missile.

And we don't use the speed of chemical explosions for these kinds of calcs. We use the speed of sound (which I think is still applicable here, since it's based on shockwaves).

they explode when incontact with another beam. Drive Knight and psykorochi were shooting each other.

and this is the beam exploding a piece of building, ofc the effect would be different from two beams hiting eachother, the building has materials

Literally just showed them not exploding even when hitting Tats' barrier, and that they can explode against rock.

Back