• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
i've known about vs battles wiki since 2015. i used to get furious whenever someone tried to downgrade OPM characters. now i dont really care lmao.
I remember being in a cafeteria when low 5-B OPM was die
Got out of my seat sweating and went to the bathroom and shit.
Life wasn't the same no more, i was entering a new stage of my life. A new me
I didn't know what to do anymore, what was life after that?

images

Volume 26 driving him crazy, maybe.

According to the printed version of volume 25, Sekingar has a wife named Kami evidently. There you go, a confirmed human relationship in OPM... ONE isn't as averse to romance as we thought maybe.

No surprise Sekingar is the first man confirmed to be in a relationship, it's not hard to see him finding a woman. Can't wait for shippers to do something like ship Tank Top Girl with Great Philosopher now...
please stop trying to add romance into One punch man. sekingar mentioning he has a wife doesn't mean ONE is thinking about adding romance. it's not that deep, and it's not going to happen.

please stop trying to add romance into One punch man. sekingar mentioning he has a wife doesn't mean ONE is thinking about adding romance. it's not that deep, and it's not going to happen.
Please, I'm not a shipper. I'm just surprised someone actually has a wife in this world

Please, I'm not a shipper. I'm just surprised someone actually has a wife in this world
what?.... why is that surprising? I mean, I would be surprised if it turns out Saitama has a girlfriend, but that's because he's Saitama. but most humans in the OPM world are just normal humans, of course they would have a wife or husband. I really don't understand what you're getting at.

what?.... why is that surprising? I mean, I would be surprised if it turns out Saitama has a girlfriend, but that's because he's Saitama. but most humans in the OPM world are just normal humans, of course they would have a wife or husband. I really don't understand what you're getting at.
Well, you know how hero-based media almost always makes a point of having its heroes balance their personal life with their hero duties. Obviously OPM isn't going to be like that, at least Saitama is in a different pickle because he has no attachments.

But Saitama isn't the only guy whose life is his work- Genos had no life outside of his quest for vengeance until he swapped to having 0 life outside following Saitama. King is a shut-in. Tatsumaki and Fubuki are estranged from their family and so traumatized that they only have their work (and workplace underlings in Fubuki's case). Flashy Flash's off-duty time is spent assassinating people. Even Metal Bat's parents don't appear- shouldn't he and Zenko (and potentially CE) be in foster care?

My point is that the normal familial and nonwork social dynamics that all superhero stories end up involving in one way or another (even in offhand style) have been notably absent from the story, even when you'd expect to see them. The closest thing to job-life conflict we've seen is Bang's dilemma as a hero/sensei and even that's really a conflict between two jobs. Because of this I thought ONE was intentionally limiting relationships for narrative reasons

So I'm surprised that now the story decides to casually mention Sekingar's wife when our story has been dominated by workaholic singletons and people who studiously keep their next-of-kin off panel

I've been in these forums since 2006.
goddayummm. you're like, older than most OPM fans lol. unless you were vs debating since you were a toddler. reminds me, i was 6 years old in 2006 and started watching dragon ball around that year, and i remember watching a scene in DBGT where someone took vegetas face and grinded it against the pavement. that scene traumatized me and i stayed away from dragon ball for a good ten years LOL.

but wasnt that because kronos was depowered into tier 6 territory after the writers had to nerf him? he was originally in tier 4 iirc. kronos has some impressive feats like taking down a horde of cyclops with a wave of his hand.
Writers this, writers that, why don't you write some bitches into your life.

L of the century. That downgrade thread gonna be crazy
there's going to be enough salt to fill the ocean. can you imagine if murata decides to turn cosmic garou into a "technique only" style fighter, and removes all of his brute strength in exchange for skill? so we'll end up with tier 8 feats in the final battle. That would be the biggest L in the history of humanity

there's going to be enough salt to fill the ocean. can you imagine if murata decides to turn cosmic garou into a "technique only" style fighter, and removes all of his brute strength in exchange for skill? so we'll end up with tier 8 feats in the final battle. That would be the biggest L in the history of humanity
I’m all about Garou being more technique focused over crazy ap feats but that would be stupid with all they did to him so far.

if garou ends up being 4-A, that would mean he's quintillions of quadrillions of times stronger than boros. the fanboys arent going to be happy

Boros star statements in info books:
that got debunked literally years ago. there's usually just one japanese word for both planets and stars, and that's why the translator thought that word was referring to stars when it was actually saying planet. it was a simple mistranslation. a shame, i know, but boros will FOREVER be a virgin surface wiper, not a CHAD planet buster or star buster.

Back