• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm generally in agreement with planet-level Saitama but, name aside, there's really no justification for Flashy Flash being lightspeed, and Genos doesn't have any mountain busting feats.

Flashy Flash has his timer feat, When he attacked garou with LS fist. He did that in One millisecond. Light travels through vaccume in one millisecond. His combat and attack speed would somewhat be Low LS. And Genos, Has mountain level feats. He even scales to that as of against centichoro he was able to broke his shell. If it wasn't for centichoro's Regenerationn. he would've defeated him and centichoro is easily mountain level. And he has busted a mountain when he destroyed Dr. Genus's base.

Saitama should be 5B, Genos should be mountain Level and Flashy Flash should be LS.

As much as i personally agree with 5-B Saitama, i don't see how Genos should be Mountain lvl and how FF should be SoL.

Genos didn't break Centichoro's (Elder Centipede's) shell - he entered Elder Centipede's mouth by breaking one of his teeth, then used a full core blast from inside, which created a big explosion and sent fire throughout the monster's body, but otherwise did not harm him, and Genos was ejected from his mouth. Bang & Bomb using their second most powerful combined attack were the ones who broke Elder's shell, but it simply caused him to molt a new one.

Flashy Flash's feat is done in a centisecond, not a millisecond (00:00'00"01 = 1 centisecond.) In order for that to be a lightspeed feat, Flashy Flash would have needed to travel about 3000 kilometers in that span. Even if it were a millisecond feat, light travels 300 km in roughly 1 millsecond, and Flashy Flash still didn't come anywhere close. Other than the name, there's no indication that it's lightspeed (just like "Speed-o'-Sound Sonic" is way faster than sound.)

It's a fast feat to be sure, but I'm pretty sure even the highest of high ends for it have only put it at like high hypersonic at best, which is well below where OPM high tiers are in speed (on VBW)

NoorTheNerd said:
Flashy Flash has his timer feat, When he attacked garou with LS fist. He did that in One millisecond. Light travels through vaccume in one millisecond. His combat and attack speed would somewhat be Low LS. And Genos, Has mountain level feats. He even scales to that as of against centichoro he was able to broke his shell. If it wasn't for centichoro's Regenerationn. he would've defeated him and centichoro is easily mountain level. And he has busted a mountain when he destroyed Dr. Genus's base.
The timer feat isn't SoL. "Light travels through vacuum in 1ms".. uh what? That doesn't even make sense.

Genos has no mountain lvl feats. He only temporarily fazed him with a Very strong attack from the insides of EC, he never broke his shell.

Chaingunfighter1 said:
Genos didn't break Centichoro's (Elder Centipede's) shell - he entered Elder Centipede's mouth by breaking one of his teeth, then used a full core blast from inside, which created a big explosion and sent fire throughout the monster's body, but otherwise did not harm him, and Genos was ejected from his mouth. Bang & Bomb using their second most powerful combined attack were the ones who broke Elder's shell, but it simply caused him to molt a new one.
Flashy Flash's feat is done in a centisecond, not a millisecond (00:00'00"01 = 1 centisecond.) In order for that to be a lightspeed feat, Flashy Flash would have needed to travel about 3000 kilometers in that span. Even if it were a millisecond feat, light travels 300 km in roughly 1 millsecond, and Flashy Flash still didn't come anywhere close. Other than the name, there's no indication that it's lightspeed (just like "Speed-o'-Sound Sonic" is way faster than sound.)

It's a fast feat to be sure, but I'm pretty sure even the highest of high ends for it have only put it at like high hypersonic at best, which is well below where OPM high tiers are in speed (on VBW)
Genos still caused damage and doing that to centichoro is still a big thing presuming he's hard to damage, metal bat's blows couldn't scratch him but genos damaging him with much fatality still counts. And genosdamaged him so badly that that bang and bomb thought he won. like if it wasn't for centichoro's Regenerationn he could've won. and you say that "otherwise he did not harm him".

2) That flashy flash speed feat was done in 10 miliseconds. 1st 00 is hour. Even the sign " denotes seconds.

00:00' is clearly hours and minutes 00" is seconds After that is milliseconds which is counted in thousands.

and what you're referring to is travel speed, yes. flashy flash isn't LS in that but he is in combat as of after that time period passes in the stop watch which is 10 miliseconds, he's able to land numerous blows in that short period. It technically would be low LS.

3) High hypersonic is blatantly a lowball, the god tiers in OPM would be FTL. Boros in combat in his meteoric burst form is somewhat FTL, the velocity of his kick with which he hit saitama to the moon would be FTL as of it took about 5 second for saitama to reach moon.which is faster than light. that would technically also be velocity of boros's kick. so yeah, boros in combat would be low FTL.

Tetsucabrah said:
Elder Centipede laughed off Genos's final attack.
Genos did break his tooth though, I think that's worth something.
the fatal incineration did damaged him, but due to his Regenerationn he laughed off.

Tetsucabrah said:
Yeah, i think we have the percentage of the durability our insides have in relation to our outsides somewhere? We could calc the fact he damaged EC from his insides with that

KGiffoni said:
Tetsucabrah said:
Yeah, i think we have the percentage of the durability our insides have in relation to our outsides somewhere? We could calc the fact he damaged EC from his insides with that
he still did damaged him fataly and that was my point that he damaged him fataly.

KGiffoni said:
Tetsucabrah said:
he still did damaged him fatally and that was my point that he damaged him fatally.

Since you don't seem to get it -

(00:00'00"00) First zero ticks every ten hours, rolls over after surpassing twenty-four hours

(00:00'00"00) Second zero ticks every hour

(00:00'00"00) Third zero ticks every ten minutes, rolls over after surpassing sixty minutes

(00:00'00"00) Fourth zero ticks every minute

(00:00'00"00) Fifth zero ticks every ten seconds, rolls over after surpassing sixty seconds

(00:00'00"00) Sixth zero ticks every second

(00:00'00"00) Seventh zero is 0.1 second (decisecond), again rolls over after surpassing 60 deciseconds.

(00:00'00"00) Eighth zero is 0.01 second or a hundredth of a second (a centisecond)

A millisecond would require a ninth spot. Ten milliseconds is a centisecond, which when we're talking about things at lightspeed, is a VERY MEANINGFUL DISTINCTION, because it's the difference between light traveling 300 km and 3000 km. The distinction between travel speed & combat speed here is not what's in contention. In order for him to be reacting at anywhere near lightspeeds, he'd need to be reacting to something going near lightspeed, or performing a ton of combat-related actions (not just moving a short distance a punching a bunch.)

As to the other areas - damaging Elder's insides (which he didn't even really do considering Elder regenned) can't be scaled to his carapace given Genos' incineration damage did zero damage to it, and whatever he did to the insides had no meaningful long term effect (Elder molted after being hit by a stronger attack but didn't grow at all after Genos did his thing.)

• Saitama and Boros don't have evidence for 5-B at the moment (manga wise)
  • Flashy Flash has no SoL feats and the webcomic thing was done in a centisecond
  • Blowing up someone's insides and still failing to kill them does not justify an upgrade
  • The 7-A stuff probably needs to be looked at. If we revert the changes then Rover would be the only one to keep a 7-A rating and that would be for durability

Chaingunfighter1 said:
that's what I'm saying, It would be 10 miliseconds. I got it wrong at first but didn't I corrected myself on that in my previous comment. and again that technically would stille be somewhat low LS because his attack is, he had delivered numerous blows in that short period of time. You're confused between types of speed, there's

TRAVEL SPEED

FLIGHT SPEED

REACTION SPEED

COMBAT SPEED

ATTACK SPEED

his attack light speed fist is capable of doing that in 10 miliseconds. His reaction or travel speed would not be LS. His attack and combat speed would be because he somewhat launched numerous punches in that time period. what you're saying that he has to travel to prove that he's LS in that. he isn't LS in that his travel speed. He is in combat because he can launch numerous blows in combat in 10 miliseconds with his attacks like lightspeed slash and light speed fist.

Launching numerous attacks in 10 milliseconds is not even close to lightspeed.

In the same timespan that he launched those attacks, light can travel 3000 kilometers. Reacting/fighting at lightspeed requires you to do it in way shorter spans than just milliseconds.

Qawsedf234 said:
* Saitama and Boros don't have evidence for 5-B at the moment (manga wise)
  • Flashy Flash has no SoL feats and the webcomic thing was done in a centisecond
  • Blowing up someone's insides and still failing to kill them does not justify an upgrade
  • The 7-A stuff probably needs to be looked at. If we revert the changes then Rover would be the only one to keep a 7-A rating and that would be for durability
both boros and saitama are stated to be planetary, boros from the databook is stated to be planetary as of his attack was going to destroy the earth as also translated by herms.

Flash's attack and combat speed would technically be that, he's able to land multiple blows in 10 miliseconds. Now, his first blow that reaches to enemy would be further faster than a milisecond if you calculate it. His first blow with his sword or punch would be LS.

It depend on which enemy you face, If you face someone so fatal even some S class heroes have trouble with it's not really a bad thing to still lose than. To manage to turn his insides in a barbecue and causing him to regenerat is still a big feat. and again he has received a new upgrade which again has propelled his AP and HP which is even further beyond than what he was before. Its would be a lowball and bad scaling to say that he still can't blow up a mountain when he did that in his first appearence and even having numerous upgrades after that he cant.

Rover should be 6C atleast with the earthquake he created.

Apparently, the actual translation is that Boros' attack was going to "shave" the Earth, which both the manga and webcomic support.

Also, the punches thrown at that speed are calced as Hypersonic, somewhere.

Chaingunfighter1 said:
Launching numerous attacks in 10 milliseconds is not even close to lightspeed.
In the same timespan that he launched those attacks, light can travel 3000 kilometers. Reacting/fighting at lightspeed requires you to do it in way shorter spans than just milliseconds.
again, that's still travel speed. Not attack speed or combat speed. he already blew like atleast A Hundred fists. His first fist that reaches to his enemy would be LS and faster than a milisecond as of he like blew 50 blows in 10.

ByAsura said:
Apparently, the actual translation is that Boros' attack was going to "shave" the Earth, which both the manga and webcomic support.
Most of the translators say its "Erase" or "Destroy", I've asked to translate this to ken xyro too (another major translator in the community) He says its "Destroy" and even another major translator herms has said the same thing. And a majority of translators say its destroy or erase.

The manga translated with correct context says that "To wipe you off the planets surface" and the webcomic says that too.

A guy debated with Qawsed on this and won, he made a really good point :

because of it's context but to be more precisely: boros was very angry and used his last resort. he shouted to saitama that he will destroy him/wipe him off this planet's surface together with the planet itself. he wants to destroy both (in terms the kanji is read, he points his beam towards the planets surface, it indicates a direction) the official translation got it wrong, so they tried to fix it with the anime in which he clearly says that it would destroy both. (same with the databook entry of boros)

Another guy on reddit wrote;

I asked my father who can speak Japanese well, and he told me that the line in the manga means "erase you off the surface of the planet",

NoorTheNerd said:
ByAsura said:
Most of the translators say its "Erase" or "Destroy", I've asked to translate this to ken xyro too (another major translator in the community) He says its "Destroy" and even another major translator herms has said the same thing. And a majority of translators say its destroy or erase.
The manga translated with correct context says that "To wipe you off the planets surface" and the webcomic says that too.
Can you post these other translations?

Pretty sure the visuals only suggest like 20 attacks in that period, which wouldn't be.

Side note, finished some pages for A-Class heroes:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Feather_(One-Punch_Man)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Twin_Tail

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Shadow_Ring

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/One_Shotter

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Narcisstoic

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Chain'n'Toad

Did One Shotter's bullet feat ever get calced? I couldn't find it if it had, but if it did, it could give him a better low end for his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back