• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Striking Strength revision project start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Head Bureaucrat
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Kavpeny told me a while ago that we should begin this project in June 7, so this is technically a bit late, but I was waiting for him to reply.

Nevertheless, here are the members that have stated that they are currently available to help out:

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot: Entire summer

A6colute: Available daily, but on a limited basis

CrossverseCrisis: Till June 19 (mid-June)

KamiYasha: Available daily, but on a limited basis

Lina Shields: Available

Promestein: Entire summer

The Everlasting: Early-mid June

Matthew Schroeder: June 10 and onwards

SomebodyData: After June 9

WeeklyBattles: Available daily

The real cal howard: Available daily

Dark649: Available daily

God-King Superman77: After June 8

Burning Full Fingers: Available daily

Thebluedash: Entire summer

Dino Ranger Black: Variable

Dragonmasterxyz: Till late June

Antoniofer: After May 25, till June 15

Gemmysaur: Thursday to Saturday, GMT+8; variable

Celestial Pegasus: Entire summer

Soldier Blue: Intermittent weekends (probably); uncertain

JustSomeWeirdo: Variable

Colonel Krukov: Available daily

ArbitraryNumbers: Variable

After I and Kavpeny talked it over, we decided that it would be simplest and most consistent to strictly stick to the conversion instructions described in this blog post. Othervise we would end up with inappropriate titles such as "Large Stellar Class" or even "Dwarf Stellar Class". Hence, we should stick with "Continent Class", "Moon Class", "Planet Class", and "Star Class", not "Continental Class", "Lunar Class", "Planetary Class", or "Stellar Class".

In addition, to simplify editing access, and not make my daily monitoring work completely overwhelming, the discussion moderators that help out will be afforded temporary content moderator status. Please make sure to register here when you are able to start, so I can first adjust your privileges. However, this is a great reponsibility, so they are only allowed to perform wiki edits related to the project for as long as they hold the position, and should inform me as soon as their part has been finished, so it can be removed.

Since tiers 3 and lower are already fine, the revision should be organised in terms of getting tier 4 and tier 5 done first, then tier 6 and tier 7, and so onwards. You can use this thread to discuss which work groups that you wish to be a part of, and then split up and continue the discussion in one of your respective message walls.

Here is a list of the staff members that will be available later:

Gwynbleiddd: After June 27

Reppuzan: After June 26

Ryukama: After June 21

Grudgeman1706: After 2nd week of June (single time period only)

RadicalMrR: From July

Saikou The Lewd King: After June 21 (late June), till July 10 (early July)

ScarletFirefly: After June 15 (Mid-June)/After July 1 (early July)

Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki: After June 15 (mid-June)

TISSG7Redgrave: After June 21

Current work groups:

Tier 4:
Promestein, CrossverseCrisis, and The real cal howard

Tier 5: A6colute, WeeklyBattles, and Matthew Schroeder

Tier 6: Darkanine, Azathoth, God-King Superman77, and Dark649

Tier 7: Dragonmasterxyz, Burning Full Fingers, Antoniofer, ArbitraryNumbers, Colonel Krukov, The Everlasting, and Lina Shields

Tier 8: Ryukama, Celestial Pegasus. More to come as they either sign up or are willing to do more after their previous tasks have been finished.

I would also appreciate if somebody could message all of the above listed staff members about this thread, as I am extremely busy with the daily backlog.

I'm here. I'd be fine to take up a portion of Tier 4 (A through E? I'm not sure what volume for each portion of staff members is appropriate) with whichever staff members would like to assist me.

Well, we're starting off with Tiers 4 and 5, so we should divide them up.

Could one of you please message all of the listed staff members about this thread? It is a much more reliable means of getting their attention.

I'd suggest looking back at the "Availability" thread thing cause i have an update that i made there.

@Promestein Thank you.

@CrossverseCrisis Okay. No problem.

Okay.

I remember - faintly - from the big AP revision, the staff members were divided into teams and each given a chunk of a category to work through. I feel like this would be a good idea here, as it would save time that would be wasted in the confusion of all of us trying to organize ourselves.

Yes, but first we have to see who are currently available, and are able to get along/willing to work with each other. Then those work groups can each focus on a tier each, and divide the work between themselves, after I have given the discussion moderators temporary promotions.

Well, I do not know who get along well with who, so first people have to register being available here. Then I need help with splitting them up into teams.

I have no qualms in working with anyone, but I'd prefer to work on tier 4 with Matt and Prom, as I have an affection for that tier.

Okay. There are only a little over a 1000 pages in that tier, so I suppose that 3 people would be enough to handle it. You can start now if you wish, but make sure to organise who that should do which parts.

Tier 5 is also not very big. Are there 3-4 other people willing to handle it?

@Prom @Cal

Can we start the thing tomorrow as I am still not in the best shape due to my fever?

Alternatively, I could focus on doing the Tier 10 later. It also has less than 1000 pages so I could probably do it with just another's help.

Just coming back to say that I could try starting tomorrow if anything (a nights sleep kind of helps with my mental and emotional condition normally).

If Tier 5's not that "big", I can possibly go along with that. Idk who else will go with it on me on that, however.

@Matthew Perhaps CrossverseCrisis could join Promestein and Howard on tier 4, and you could help others with tier 5 instead then?

Thank you.

WeeklyBattles and Matthew, are you able to work with A6colute on tier 5? I know that Matthew and A6colute do not get along well, so perhaps it is a bad idea.

I would be okay to work alongside A6colute.

It is better to move forward than to fester old grudges, and my attack on A6 is probably my lowest point on this entire wiki, and I regret it since.

Okay. Good. It depends on if you can manage to simply split up the work without arguing.

Also, given that tier 4 is smaller, due to that 4-A does not need to be revised, I would appreciate if somebody from this workgroup could help tier 5, if you finish quicker.

Okay. It is better if you start a discussion thread in either yours, Matthew's, or WeeklyBattles' message wall though, so you can discuss your progress amongst yourselves.

Okay. Thank you. No problem.

That would probably be fine. Just make sure to handle about 399 characters each.

Okay. Thank you. Make sure to inform us about which parts that you have finished though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back