• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Striking Strength revision project start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting for duty, where am I needed?

EDIT: I suppose I could hit two birds with one stone and get my revisions out of the way whilst doing this?

@Dark649 Please message Azathoth, Darkanine, and God-King Superman77 to ask them which parts that they are handling, and which part that you should do. Thank you.

@Antoniofer Thank you. You can handle profiles 801 to 1200 for tier 7.

@ArbitraryNumbers Thank you. You can handle profiles 1201 to 1600 for tier 7.

@Colonel Krukov Thank you. You can handle profiles 1601 to 2000 for tier 7. Also, yes you can perform the agreed upon revisions, but not do anything else.

If you all wait a moment, I will give you three temporary content moderator rights. However, you must handle them extremely responsibly, and not use them for anything else.

I have fixed it. Please tell me here when you have finished with your parts of the project. It is extra important for the ones with temporary content moderator status.

I've got some irl stuff to do right now, I'll get straight on the revisions afterwards.

I literally (And I do mean literally) just woke up, so I should be good to start the revisions in 15-30 minutes at max.

Are there any tiers not taken care of at the moment?

@Dragonmasterxyz It is much better if you simply handle the first 400 profiles in the first two list pages, as this works much more efficiently for splitting the work.

@The Everlasting Thank you for you offer to help, but it is much better if you handle profiles 2001 to 2400 for tier 7, or more specifically list pages 11 and 12.

Okay. Thanks again. It is important that everybody stick to their part to begin with, so as little as possible is left out.

@Ant

Should I at least finish revising the profiles beginning with "D"? That way it can be continued at a place that's easy to remember.

Well, another staff member will handle that section anyway, so I think that it may better if you focus on your own part first, but it depends on how much extra work it would be for you.

I'm a bit confused right now.

Why are we sorting the required pages to be revised by where they are in the category page, instead of just alphabetized?

Note that I haven't read the rest of the thread above.

I agree that organising by alphabet would be A LOT easier.

Also, I don't have time to finish the revisions and start the project so I'm just going to my lot of the project now, as I have important real life stuff to do today.

@The Everlasting & Colonel Krukov

Well, I do not mind splitting it by alphabet, but then the work would be divided unevenly, and everybody in the tier 7 group would have to start their own discussion thread on one of their message walls, where they agree upon regarding who should do which parts.

@Lina Shields

My apologies for not noticing that part. Is there any chance that you could either start by doing the last 317 profiles of tier 7 instead, or discuss with the other members of the group regarding which parts of the alphabet that you each should handle?

To recap, the members of the tier 7 group would be Dragonmasterxyz, Burning Full Fingers, Antoniofer, ArbitraryNumbers, Colonel Krukov, The Everlasting, and Lina Shields.

I can blow through A-D of Tier 8 in a few hours to this weekend.

Promestein, CrossverseCrisis, and The real cal howard are handling tier 4.

Matthew Schroeder, A6colute, and WeeklyBattles are handling tier 5.

Darkanine, Azathoth, God-King Superman77, and Dark649 are handling tier 6.

Dragonmasterxyz, Burning Full Fingers, Antoniofer, ArbitraryNumbers, Colonel Krukov, The Everlasting, and Lina Shields are handling tier 7.

And I just discovered that I forgot to give a task to Celestial Pegasus. Perhaps he could help out with tier 5, given that Matthew is feeling sick for the next few days?

@Ryukama Okay. Thank you for the help.

@Ant I'm somewhat available atm. Should I start editing some pages right now?

I was seriously considering doing Tier 5 but if you want me to do Tier 4, i could do so.

Though i have to go somewhere for like the new few hours so assuming Prom and Cal didn't finish all of them by them, i can finish whatever else they left for me.

If they by chance do finish all of it, then i have no other idea than maybe doing the much lower tiers? Or unless that's been decided already?

Yes, of course, feel free to do so.

Btw: Azathoth and Ryukama, would either of you mind helping to organise this project while I am asleep (or even in general, given how overworked I am)? I have updated the first post in this thread with the current work group information.

@Antvasima I can help out organizing things of course.

@Ryukama

Thank you very much for the help. I would appreciate if you could organise the information regarding who handles which letters for each tier. Feel free to edit my first post accordingly.

@Antvasima When new changes occur, I'll start organizing and edit your post. Right now I'm getting through some of Tier 8. I think I'll be done with A soon.

You can message everybody involved to keep you updated if you wish, as this might be the easiest solution.

For me I think it'll be easier just for everyone to follow this thread. They can respond with their update and I edit the first post.

Well, things are starting to get very chaotic and disorganised, which risks to destroy the entire project, as nobody will keep track of who does what. As such, I would really appreciate if you could message all of the assigned members to ask them which letters that they are going to handle. It should preferably be somewhere around 400 profiles each.

It would be much more important for you to help me organise everybody else than it is for you to make edits yourself, because I have worked around 13 hours taking care of different wiki matters today, and am extremely exhausted, and unable to handle this on top of my regular tasks.

I would greatly appreciate the help.

I don't find this current thread to be very chaotic and disorganized or a threat to destroy this project at all. But I'll message everyone to keep me updated. And of course be more than willing to help you out with this.

Welp, I still changing the profiles from the pages 801 - 1200 of Tier 7, and almost finishing the first 200 profiles, you people want me to stop here for a moment or what?

@Ryukama

Okay. Thank you very much for the help.

So...do I do something after I come back cause I learned that I may not have to be gone somewhere for a couple hours...

@Antoniofer

Excellent work. However, since we now seem to have switched to letters, as most people find them less confusing, would you mind filling in the parts right before and after your segments that are part of a certain letter? For example, so you handled all of the letters M, N, O, P, Q, R, not N, O, P, Q, and parts of M and R?

My apologies for the inconvenience. My head is fried today, so I have made some mistakes with the organisation.

What do I do with characters who's striking strength don't match their stated AP?

Miyako Hotsui has way higher AP than her striking strength states, and I'm unfamiliar with the franchise to what the reasoning is about, since the person she scales to isn't on the wiki.

Same goes for Mira Yamana who lacks justifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back