• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Street Fighter V has come to the end of its run, but my CRTs are still going on. So, what do we have here?

8-C Upgrade

That's right, due to a recent calc I've made, it turns out that a feat that I've underestimated so far was instead fairly high.
I'm talking about Alex cracking the Training Stage during a battle against an artificial replica of SFA Ryu.

This upgrade affects only a handful of characters, and they are Base Ryu (all keys), Ken, Sagat, Charlie Nash and Alex (who will soon have a profile).
In his SFV story, Alex is put against replicas of several characters: Honda, Hakan, Dan, Birdie, Alpha Chun-Li and Alpha Ryu, and the latter is the only one who manages to give him actual troubles. For this reason, even though Alpha Ryu lost, I believe he should scale anyway, since this was also the result of a Powerbomb, a rather simple attack for Alex.
Ken, Sagat and Nash already scale to Ryu, and of all them already scale above the mid tiers by an unknown but rather margin, so there are no scaling issues.

Lifting Strength of Mid and Low Tiers

They currently scale to Class 1 after Mika being able to briefly wrestle with a bear. I've had problems with this since the first revisions, and I believe they shouldn't really be Class 1, but just Superhuman instead, since she only manages to hold her own against the bear for a very limited time.
The only other feat I could find is Laura throwing a Shadaloo soldier through a decent distance, but the animation shows him flying slower than he should do realistically, and so the calc I tried to make ended up being impossible to perform.
Still, two Superhuman feats are better than nothing, I guess.

Range

Simply put, there's no reason to assume everyone can fire their projectiles up to tens of meters, and to my knowledge no projectile can cover more than half of a stage in-game (which is about 20 meters from side to side, at least in SFV).
I could only find a few instances of characters doing it, and they don't scale to everyone.

The first is Ryu firing a Hadoken all the way through a big waterfall, whose length I didn't bother to calc, but you can say it easily surpasses 10 meters even with a simple eyeballing.
The second is Juri blowing up a building which was calculated to be more than 100 meters long.
Lastly, we have Akuma projecting his Sekia Kuretsuh high into the sky

Now, there are to questions to solve:

• Do we allow Range scaling between characters with similar abilities and power? I know verses like Dragon Ball do it, but I'm unsure whether or not this is an actual rule, or something that has just been ignored so far.
  • Do we assume that particularly large ki attacks like Juri and Akuma's can have the same range of lesser attacks, like Gohadokens and Fuhajins (their projectiles)?

Depending on the answer, we will either have characters in Ryu's tier (Ken, Sagat and Nash) keeping their overall tens of meters, and characters from Juri's tier onwards having hundreds of meters with all ranged attacks, or just Ryu having 10s meters range due to his own feat, and Juri and Akuma having such range with only those two specific attacks.

Minor Stuff

• Gill and Seth should have Genius intelligence, instead of just Gifted
  • A few more updates for Gill
    • Since he scales to G, who scales to Rose, there's no need to keep the arbitrary At least comparable to Base M. Bison on his profile
    • His Primal Fire and Ice of Doom should be considered Damage Boost istead of Statistics Amplification, since they only raise the properties and strength of his special moves
  • Ryu and Sakura might have Power Nullification because their Hadokens could cancel out flames, but I'm unsure if that counts.
  • M. Bison should have Analytical Prediction because of this, which is already in his intelligence section: Can correctly predict how the events would unfold over the years, like the time when he manipulated Seth and S.I.N.'s actions from behind the scenes, stating that everything went according to his plan. He predicted Necalli's arrival, his defeat by the hands of Ryu and the fact that the latter would have eventually faced him; even his own defeat may have been part of his schemes
  • Oroneeds a few updates:
    • His Kishin Riki should be Damage Boost istead of Statistics Amplification for the same reasons of Gill's v-triggers
    • This should be added to his stamina, to prove that he keeps improving day by day since he was young.
    • It should be added to his intelligence section the fact that, even when holding back during a sparring match, he is considered unpredictable even by one like Dhalsim
    • His intelligence section should also include that he was the only known perform to figure out that Bison's willpower was still corrupting the world after his demise. Check Oro and Bison's profiles for more details.
  • Edit: It has been brought to attention that Gouken, due to having mastered the Power of Nothingness should possibly have the abilities Ryu has obtained after unlocking it, which are Limited Intangibility and Possibly Deconstruction.

Last edited:
I'd say it depends on fighting style, type of power, and like tiers. I think Akuma logically would upscale from Ryu and Ken as would Gouken; since they're the same fighting style involving Ki Manipulation but Akuma is a lot better. Though, Akuma already has his own feats and wouldn't need to be upscaled. Though Gouken being equal to base Akuma and using the same type of Ki Blasts could logical. But characters who have their own unique fighting style and/or use some unique power not related to their Ki should probably have their range judged separately from everyone else.

Technically all energy projectiles in the verse are ki-based, tho, as you say, only Akuma and Gouken use the same fighting style of Ryu and Ken.

And what about specific attacks like Akuma's Sekia Kuretsuha and Juri's explosion?
They're also ki-based, but at the same time they are kind of unique attacks, so their range might not be the same as all their other ki attacks.

Everything seems fine so far.

Probably the only thing I could note is power null since it kind of more looks like 2 hadokens created some sort of shockwave by flying to each other, from which fire was extinguished.

Well, that seems more reasonable. Hard to assume it was water, fire on fire probably would not work like that normally, plus it somehow went through Chun-Li, meaning strangely enough, Ryu somehow can manipulate tangibility of his hadokens(?)

But yeah, that seems more reasonable for nulling fire.

He already has limited intangibility, it was added in a previous CRT, supported by the fact that his fist could go through a butterfly while dealing damage to Necalli.
It can probably be explained with the fact that, after unlocking the power of nothingness, he's got masterful (and supernatural) control over his chi and body.

Anyway, do you think him nulling fire in SFV validates even the same feat in SFIV?

I'm not sure we can apply the same effects, since they do different things with their Chi, although similar.

If Gouken has to receive limited intangibility, then he'd also get deconstruction.

if we say those haxes are cuz of mu no ken to begin with
It's not directly stated, but Ryu started to use them immediately after unlocking the Mu no Ken, and they were used in battles where he was explicitly using it.

A possibly might work if we want to stay safe.

I might add it to the op as well, tbh.

About everything else, I think it has been agreed to not scale giant attacks to smaller ones, and that a very similar fighting style allows range scaling if strength and skill are comparable or superior.

But what about scaling ki blasts of characters that are only much stronger?
Like Bison's Psycho Shots to SF4 Ryu's hadokens.

About everything else, I think it has been agreed to not scale giant attacks to smaller ones, and that a very similar fighting style allows range scaling if strength and skill are comparable or superior.

But what about scaling ki blasts of characters that are only much stronger?
Like Bison's Psycho Shots to SF4 Ryu's hadokens.
@DarkDragonMedeus Sorry to call you again, but I'd like your opinion on this last bit.

@Chariot190 @NotoriouSoda would you be interested in checking this thread?

I think it's close to an end.

I've also edited the bullet list at the bottom of the thread to include Gouken's stuff.

Last edited:
OK then, I'll wait for a few more opinions, and if no counterpoints are raised, I'll start applying the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back