• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A couple more additions to Psycho Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
This is something I should have added in the recently conclused CRT on the matter, but I just forgot.

Due to the evidences presented in that thread, JP should receive Resistance to Possession, as if Psycho Power doesn't kill you because you're too weak, Bison's will takes over your mind and replaces you. Ed managed to do that, so JP should have done the same.

Heat Manipulation: This is something I wondered for some time, but decided to tackle only now. Psycho Power manifests as a kind of fire-like form of energy, as seen by the several attacks that engulf the opponent in flames (here's some examples out of the many, you can just check the profiles for more). So far I just thought of it as just a graphical effect, but looking better into some things made me realize how they should carry a similar kind of heat. All the main evidences come from Ed, as we see him using his Psycho Power to burn things on three occasions.

Psycho Power is known to change applications from user to user, but at the same time the flame-like effects suggest that this property could be shared among all its users.
So, in short, Bison and JP (Ed's file is under construction) should have this ability.

Due to the evidences presented in that thread, JP should receive Resistance to Possession, as if Psycho Power doesn't kill you because you're too weak, Bison's will takes over your mind and replaces you. Ed managed to do that, so JP should have done the same.
Looks good.

Heat Manipulation: This is something I wondered for some time, but decided to tackle only now. Psycho Power manifests as a kind of fire-like form of energy, as seen by the several attacks that engulf the opponent in flames (here's some examples out of the many, you can just check the profiles for more). So far I just thought of it as just a graphical effect, but looking better into some things made me realize how they should carry a similar kind of heat. All the main evidences come from Ed, as we see him using his Psycho Power to burn things on three occasions.
Why heat instead of fire manipulation? They visually look like fire, just purple, and they burn things. Either way, looks good too.

Why heat instead of fire manipulation? They visually look like fire, just purple, and they burn things. Either way, looks good too
Just because it's not real fire, so it seemed to me it was more appropriate this way, the end result is the same anyway.

My only problem with your proposal is referring to it as Heat Manipulation. This is undoubtedly Fire Manipulation. If that ability gets added as Fire Manipulation, count me as agreeing with both that and the Resistance to Possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back