• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sting Eucliffe vs. Yami Sukehiro (Battle of Light and Shadow) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
It was a time of celebration in the Clover Kingdom, as various guilds from the distant land of Fiore had sent representatives from their guilds to speak of trade and to mingle with the Wizard King and his Magic Knights, as well as the rest of the inhabitants of the land. From the Lamia Scale Guild, to the Blue Pegasus Guild, and even the notable Fairy Tail Guild had all come together in a joyous festival to welcome this new union of powers. That is, until the Guild Master of the Sabertooth Guild, Sting Eucliffe, got into a heated argument with the Captain of the Black Bulls Knight Squad, Yami Sukehiro, over the treatment of the Black Bulls. Not caring for his attitude to how he runs things, Yami pulled out his sword and challenged him to a fight, to which the Guild Master agreed. And after having his Spatial Magic user, Finral, create a portal for him to an isolated place, they assumed their appropriate battle stances and proceeded to fight.

In the blue corner, we have Sting Eucliffe from Fairy Tail, and in the red corner, we have Yami Sukehiro from Black Clover.

Render sting eucliffe 1 by wendymarvell01-d8hviq6
Yami Sukehiro
-This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-This fight takes place in an empty field outside of the Clover Kingdom, meaning both should have an even playing ground.

-This fight features Sting from X791, and Dragon Force is allowed.

-Speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Sting: 3 (Lorenzo.r.2nd, 1997KD, HenryWong122)

Yami: 9 (Calaca Vs, Demon Takumo 31, Epsilon R, Rocker1189, Schnee One, EmperorDoom25, Ionliosite, SpookyShadow, The Prince of Counters)

Inconclusive: 0

speed equalized makes this much easier for yami to win, albeit, im quite sure sting should be stronger. as far stats go, they are pretty even. neither seems to have anything over the other. ill give it to sting sincei think his AP is higher, but i gotta check

yeah, in base, sting is at least 7c and so is yami, but he does have that little + at the end of his tier. if we look at sting in dragon force, he goes to low 7b for sure with a +, while yami only has a "likely low 7b" and no +. i think sting is stronger after all. gonna give it to him

Speed equalized make it easier for sting to dodge dimension slash, he got stats amplification over yami(yami can do it as well)but sting can enahnce it more by using white drive then dragon force, he got ap advantage as well. Sting have more aoe with his breath attack or can blind ppl with holy nova(too bright to see anything), if he get a chance to hit him, his claw attack paralyzed yami and he will be a easy target for him.voting sting

Uh... Yami's either 7-C+ or Low 7-B+ for the match. He can't be both without transformations or power ups. If so, he would one-shot 7-C Sting because he's as 7-C as he's Low 7-B.

OP said that Sting can go DF, which means he's starting as a 7-C in this match. Well, Yami could just one-shot him because this match is considering his Low 7-B status.

I'd have fun myself voting for Yami wrecking Sting but people would notice it anyway

Now I'm going to add a few things to my vote.

Yami has Paralysis Inducement and some form of Absorption with Black Hole, potentially binding Sting and nullifying his ranged attacks. He holds the initial AP advantage (this is basically a Low 7-B vs a 7-C who can go Low 7-B after powering up). Yami can just sneeze and Sting is done for.

He's also way smarter and goes for "the kill" right off the bat while Sting likes to play around and act arrogant.

They're starting at Sting's range, but that point is moot since before Sting even thinks about going DF, Yami would have sliced him.

Sting is stronger while in DF but before he can even try Yami'll have the job done. I mean, this should be either the 7-C versions or Low 7-B versions. Yami slaps before Sting can use the DF.

^for paralysis sting need to touch the black hole, same can be say for yami if he comes to close sting can use his dragon claw, ft character can sense opponent strength by sensing there magic power, if sting feel yami being stronger then him then he didn't have any problem to instantly go dragon force. Speed is equalized so yami can't just blitz and one shot him. Both of them can't surprised attack each other thanks to their senses.

Sting could sense the magic of Larcade being stronger and still he didn´t go DF until the last moments of the fight, so Yami can surely defeat him before that.

Going Yami

Demon Takumo 31 said:
Sting could sense the magic of Larcade being stronger and still he didn´t go DF until the last moments of the fight, so Yami can surely defeat him before that.

Going Yami
Sting was already fighting many ppl and was tired, rogue shadow and eating larcade magic give him boost

Is there a battle when Sting goes DF from the start? In his battle with Natsu and Gajeel he saved it for later in the fight and with Jiemma he didn´t use it.

Natsu and gajeel overpower shadow and white drive sting and rogue, that's why he used df. Against jiemma he one shot him

The answer is same, they use some big quantity of magic power against MG , they can't just go df, they need to have enough magic power. And if they want to go or not, is totally on them. Also as OP defined the situation if they are fighting. For there pride, sting didn't need to hold back

Not really? Your point about Sting inmediately going DF was countered with the lack of evidence of Sting doing that.

I don't recall any instance where Sting used his ESP to predict the enemy's attacks. Yami has a description that fits Movement Predictio while Sting doesn't so you can't say they're comparable because they can both sense the other energy. If Yami can do it just with that, it doesn't mean Sting can.

And I never said a thing about Yami blitzing. I said that he'd slice him before Sting thinks about going DF.

The Calaca said:
Not really? Your point about Sting inmediately going DF was countered with the lack of evidence of Sting doing that.

I don't recall any instance where Sting used his ESP to predict the enemy's attacks. Yami has a description that fits Movement Predictio while Sting doesn't so you can't say they're comparable because they can both sense the other energy. If Yami can do it just with that, it doesn't mean Sting can.

And I never said a thing about Yami blitzing. I said that he'd slice him before Sting thinks about going DF.
Every slayer got there senses, we already see other slayer doing it. You can't assume sting cant do the same,

Next yami use magic, magic is still magic and ft character as shown to sense magic to a lvl they can say if the opponet is alive or dead, fodders like happy can do it as well, assuming sting can't sense yami magic is stupidity.

• He will slice sting before he go dragon force
Only if sting didn't move and let yami cut him, as i said magic sensing is passive, if yami is stronger than sting, he can easily sense and go dragon force to match his power lvl.

Everything is explained above, you just seem to ignore it

Besides Natsu, who used the senses to do a movement prediction feat? Funny because this is the Sting that got rekt with this very same ability

Eh, I've never said that Sting couldn't feel Yami's magic. I said that he can't predict his movements based on that without feats supporting that.

Gajeel,wendy did it when ajeel sand storm whole area using his sand, they only used his dragon sense to findout enemy position

Schnee One said:
Yami does a space cut

Sting dies.
He can dodge it tho, its not a homing attack neither unavoidable, and yami only shown to fire it on stationary oppoent, they reason isnt even fair

1997KD said:
Schnee One said:
Yami does a space cut

Sting dies.
He can dodge it tho, its not a homing attack neither unavoidable, and yami only shown to fire it on stationary oppoent, they reason isnt even fair
He only used it on a stationary enemy because the enemy just happened to be stationary.

He was literally going to use it against Jack the Ripper in their "mock" battle before Novachrono stopped them, and he certainly wasn't immobile.

Back