• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awhile ago, Optional Equipment was added as a subset of a characters Standard Equipment section, and I have come to realize that Steven has a few items that he has possessed that would fall under Optional Equipment. These are what should go into his Optional Equipment Section:

• Watermelon Stevens
These are all items Steven has used at one point or another through the show/games, and should be Equipment he can get access to. To a lesser extent, Rose should also get the Light Cannons on her profile since she owned them.

We really need to make a profile for the Light Prism at some point, I don't like having to link to White Light when we talk about the Prism as a whole.

As the guy who came up with the idea of Optional Equipment, and with my average knowledge over the series, all of this is correct.

Glass of Time Steven vs Frisk when?

Glass of Time won't be available post season 1 Steven. Other than that, I agree.

It was destroyed wasn't it?

Steven destroyed it when he wanted to get rid of the other Stevens.

It could have been EE'd with no one remembering it, it would still be part of his Optional Equipment.

Wut? Steven threw the thing at the ground and broke it, poofing the other Stevens.

I usually write things very specifically in the wiki, to mention that it doesn't matter if something in an Optional Equipment is currently destroyed or not would be completely unnecessary, I will tell you.

It means that Steven can't use something that doesn't exist in later keys. Similar to powers and abilities, characters can't use objects they don't canonically have after a certain point.

He would be using something that doesn't exist anymore with the same logic he's using something he's not having with him anymore.

"Equipment listed as standard should be equipment the character has access to in a majority of their canon appearances. This is not to be confused with Optional Equipment, which can encompass anything that the character has owned or made use of for an extended period of time, regardless of whether or not it's usually on their person."

I see nothing about that if something doesn't exist then it shouldn't go, on the contrary, "anything that the character has owned or made use of" points to that not being the case. I also doubt that one version of Link having everything in that pic still existing. In the thread where we discussed the creation of the Standard Equipment page examples of things that don't exist anymore weren't judged as wrong as Optional Equipment, and we pretty much said that Optional Equipment was going to be what half the wiki believed our previous format of Standard Equipment was, which is "Let's put everything there lol, other pages do the same".

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

Thanks. Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back