• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
I mean he can pretty much just sit in a bubble and wait for Luffy to tire himself out so...
Steven too has a limit in which he can tire himself out from using the bubble too much, and unlike Steven Luffy can fully control his power. As soon as he sees G4 doesn't affect that shield, Luffy will revert back to base and wait. Probably he'll compliment Stevens shield by stating that it's the hardest thing he's ever punched. Even harder than Big Moms Haki.

I vote Luffy simply for his combat experience is waaay above Stevens. Luffy travel speed is much faster than Stevens, but Stevens reaction speeds are much faster than Luffys. But how to react to a potentially Releticistic G4 coming at you, and you tire yourself out with using that shiel too much.

Luffy.

Summoning the bubble doesn't drain stamina, he's used it and kept it up for hours before he even knew how to actively summon it. The only thing that takes Stamina is his shield

Right I forgot about that it's been so long since I've seen season 1. Regardless, you don't believe Luffy is naïve enough to tire himself out after learning about the shields strength.

The question here is how does Steven attack Luffy? Does he lower his bubble to get in a good shot then raise it before Luffy can react? Although speed is equalized.

Still doesn't look good for Steven as he can't win from hiding in the bubble the whole time.

I mean he's entirely capable of attacking with his bubble and if Luffy collapses from exhaustion that counts as an incap

But has he ever attacked with his bubble efficiently though? It has multi-continent durability, but to imagine it outputs such attack power is absurd at this point.

Also knowing Connie has more combat experience than Steven is saying something. Luffys Haki training with the dark king Rayleigh alone gives him an edge.

I'm going with the fighter who has in-combat precog exp and Snakeman who's attack patterns were slick enough to get hits off of the likes of Katakuri (who possesses superior precog).

As much as I like Steven he's more of a befriender than a real fighter. For now...

Edit: Infact he'd end up befriending Luffy.

Did you forget the spike bubble shield?

...No she doesn't. Did you forget the corruptions and fusion experiments he's beaten.

Standard Battle Assumptions say in character but willing to kill.

The Wright Way said:
Did you forget the spike bubble shield?

...No she doesn't. Did you forget the corruptions and fusion experiments he's beaten.

Standard Battle Assumptions say in character but willing to kill.
He used it against Amathyst during Pearls training right? In the way that he used it won't work too well against Luffy. Luffy can send that bubble flying so far that he may win via BFR.

Yeah she does. Did you forget how hard master Pearl trained Connie to defend Steven? To become strong in the real way? And didn't Steven only beat up corrupted gems after he fused with with Amathyst? Or are you implying corrupted gems > Luffy.

You're right cannot forget about the rules.

Don't get me wrong here. Being Pink diamonds son Steven will end up being beyond high 6A. He can pretty much summon a mass of corrupted gems which can arm wrestle the Diamonds to the Earth.

But 6C versions I'm still going with Luffy.

Right. The rules.

Yes he's used the spike bubble shield offensively as well as snap growing his bubble to throw off enemies that are attacking him at point blank range

Steven has had the same training that connie has, pearl trained both of them for almost two years now in combat

Stevens bubble is also activated reflexively and sba makes him willing to kill

You make it sound like the Crystal Gems never trained Steven. I was pointing out that Steven was fighting corrupted gems before Connie learned to use a sword, some of whom he managed to beat himself such as Frybo and that monster that attacked him and Connie under the board walk. I agree Luffy is far more experienced but saying that Connie is is kind of selling Steven short.

Pearl also homeschools him with courses far more advanced than classes he should be taking at his age and he does fantactic in them

Luffy wins he can simply outlast and outsmart Steven who has little combat experience compared to Luffy who has mastered Superhuman techniques by analysing them. Steven is already at a disadvantage when he activates the shield, and if he does decide to attack Luffy can use CoA to protect himself or CoO to see it coming.

Good point Luffy Conquerers Haki is enough to take out 50,000 Fishman with a mere thought, I never seen Steven have that type of willpower before.

I mean, the only way a person can resist Conqueror's Haki is if they have stronger willpower than the person who used it. And I'm pretty sure Luffy has stronger willpower than Steven.

The Wright Way said:
You make it sound like the Crystal Gems never trained Steven. I was pointing out that Steven was fighting corrupted gems before Connie learned to use a sword, some of whom he managed to beat himself such as Frybo and that monster that attacked him and Connie under the board walk. I agree Luffy is far more experienced but saying that Connie is is kind of selling Steven short.
Steven's had a few good scuffles, but Connie is the one who took the training seriously. Conqueror's Haki could bypass that bubble if Blue Diamonds Haki can.

Steven's had a few good scuffles, but Connie is the one who took the training seriously. Conqueror's Haki could bypass that bubble if Blue Diamonds Haki can.

Steven never had his bubble up while Blue used her empathy wave.

Number1Tryhard said:
Luffy wins he can simply outlast and outsmart Steven who has little combat experience compared to Luffy who has mastered Superhuman techniques by analysing them. Steven is already at a disadvantage when he activates the shield, and if he does decide to attack Luffy can use CoA to protect himself or CoO to see it coming.
Steven can quitw literally just sit in his bubble while luffy exhausts himself trying to get through it, steven is the one who will be outlasting luffy here

Also just gonna point out that the few 'scuffles' Steven has been in are against people far more skilled than luffy with thousands of years more experience than him

Have we put serious thought into Luffy just chucking the bubble really far away? I really doubt Luffy's just gonna exaust himself trying to break it. Maybe he'd try to lure Steven out somehow?

Execpt BFR him. I'm not talking about the fall killing him, I'm talking about Luffy launching Steven out of the battlefield, if that's possible. Steven's not that heavy.

Luffy has done that in character before so it's possible, and it's more likely he'll try that if his opponent turtles into a shield he can't break even with Haki. More than likely he'd quickly get tired of hitting the shield and would opt for sending Steven flying along with it.

If this were someone he was having fun fighting he wouldn't, and if it were someone he wanted to fight for whatever reason he wouldn't, but in this case he wouldn't enjoy it and would have no particularly high interest in Steven so BFR is honestly a likely possibility. He also has no reason to want Steven dead, so he'll go for BFR in this situation relatively soon. If Steven weren't the type to hide in the bubble then Luffy would have little to no chance of using BFR, but in this case he has no reason not to and nothing else he'd be willing to try.

Unless Steven can teleport or something, in which case Luffy loses hard due to having no reliable way to win. I'm not certain his Haki could knock Steven out anyway so I personally wouldn't be willing to vote for him based on that. If there are showings of Steven having low or even just average willpower then Haki KOs with no problem. If his willpower is shown to be much higher than the average person it gets into speculative territory as to whether or not he can resist it.

Luffy gets my vote via BFR, unless Steven has a way to reliably return from it.

Steven can stop himself midair after being launched, hes done it before from people stronger thean luffy

Steven at this point has his descent regulation, he can control the speed at which he falls as well as catch himself in mid air to stop himself from being thrown away although he needs to drop his bubble for a split second to do so, though this gives him an advantage in that he can reactivate his bubble to do a ramming attack.

Also dont know how much it would help but stevens shield is extremely sharp as well.

WeeklyBattles said:
Steven at this point has his descent regulation, he can control the speed at which he falls as well as catch himself in mid air to stop himself from being thrown away although he needs to drop his bubble for a split second to do so, though this gives him an advantage in that he can reactivate his bubble to do a ramming attack.

Also dont know how much it would help but stevens shield is extremely sharp as well.
Since when did he need to drop his bubble to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back