• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wright Way said:
Said millions of gems were part of the cluster.
How many of them were in the cluster in total? It's still not quite right to scale them to her individual feats as they're assumedly only that strong due to being joined in that way. Again, if she is a high tier and they individually are weaker then saying together they can match her mental feats because they can surpass her physical feats still isn't something I can agree with. If they're featless in that regard assuming they're better than high-tiers seems like a logic jump.

However, as I said before I'm not intent on debating it here since it has no effect on the result regardless. I'm still waiting on information about Steven's in character fighting style, but I suppose it's reasonable to assume he'd stay in the bubble knowing Luffy doesn't have infinite stamina. Has he ever fought with something that doesn't have infinite stamina? If he hasn't then he should be assumed to fight the way he usually would, but if he has and he did use a similar strategy then him turtling is something I can accept.

How many of them were in the cluster in total? It's still not quite right to scale them to her individual feats as they're assumedly only that strong due to being joined in that way. Again, if she is a high tier and they individually are weaker then saying together they can match her mental feats because they can surpass her physical feats still isn't something I can agree with. If they're featless in that regard assuming they're better than high-tiers seems like a logic jump.

However, as I said before I'm not intent on debating it here since it has no effect on the result regardless. I'm still waiting on information about Steven's in character fighting style, but I suppose it's reasonable to assume he'd stay in the bubble knowing Luffy doesn't have infinite stamina. Has he ever fought with something that doesn't have infinite stamina? If he hasn't then he should be assumed to fight the way he usually would, but if he has and he did use a similar strategy then him turtling is something I can accept.

All of them. He communicated with the entire cluster.

There's Connie, but that was a friendly spar and she's 9-B. He wasn't exactly taking it seriously.

So the Cluster, which was millions of Gems mashed together, couldn't make him leave? I suppose that's a good feat for his power, showing it can affect that high a number of minds at once, but is there any actual proof that they, as the Cluster, scale to Malachite's mental feat of pushing Steven out? I prefer the route of less assumptions as humans can be quite biased one way or the other, and we often give allowances to things we like more and are harsher to things we don't like. If they aren't provably on her level in that regard, then assuming they are for their physical stats is still illogical. Unless physical stats scale to mental abilities and willpower in SU, in which case just ignore this.

If he has no experience fighting beings without infinite stamina then he probably won't even bother turtling as it's never worked before as a viable strategy. That makes this harder. Can we assume he'd still use it for defense often? I doubt he'd literally just sit inside and wait as he's apparently never done that in a serious fight, but it's still useful as a defensive tool so he definitely still has a decent chance of winning. I'm uncertain now so I'll hold off voting until other people bring up something I haven't thought of.

I remember someone saying his other shield drains stamina to use. Does he use the bubble more often or can we expect him to resort to the other shield? His best bet is to use the bubble as often as possible, since it's a spherical shield and offers more protection. If it were a more traditional shield Luffy would likely try dashing behind him with Soru, and hitting him in his unprotected back with a Haki infused strike.

Steven should have trouble hitting Luffy thanks to his precog, but speed equal might keep him from dodging everything. Does Steven use blunt force attacks? How does he attack? If it's blunt force Luffy resists to an insane degree, but stabbing and cutting affects him like anyone else on his level.

For now I'm gonna vote Inconclusive. The few times Steven has fought seriously he's shown himself to be a clever and resourseful, but most of the time he's a pacifist and will try to talk his way out even when his opponent want;s him dead. I honestly see the fight going something like this:

At the start, Luffy attacks and Steven bubbles up. Luffy whales on the shield only to find it pretty much impenetrable. Both characters decide to wait the other out. Meanwile, Luffy will probably try to lure Steven out and Steven will probably try to talk Luffy down. IIRC Luffy's a pretty personable guy, right? Quick to make friends? This might just be a repeat of Steven vs Frisk.

So, just to clear things up, Malachite is a fusion of two gems. The Cluster is a fusion of millions of gem shards aka Partial Minds mashed togather. In SU, fusion is pretty consistant in that it beefs up all abilities of the fused gems.

Yeah, Luffy is pretty quick to befriend people. He's remarkably quick to allow people to join the crew so long as he find them interesting, and he'd probably love Steven's bubbles. There's actually evidence for that, as on Sabaody he took very quickly to riding in and on the bubbles the island produced. He's even tried getting a tree and a skeleton to join his crew.

Unless someone counters Apies points I'll go inconclusive for his reasons. I didn't realise Steven was that much of a pacifist and honestly Luffy isn't likely to try killing him anyway, especially if he's not trying to fight back.

Edit: regarding the cluster, that's basically what I meant when I said there was probably a verse mechanic I wasn't aware of. I've heard of fusion in SU but never got into it enough to know what it entails. As for them being willing to kill each other, it likely shouldn't take priority over their in character actions.

Both are willing to kill, but if one of them wants to stop fighting and it's something he'd do in character I don't think it should be voided just because he's now willing to kill. As for Luffy killing someone, he generally goes for the KO when he fights so he'd also only kill if Steven was proving stubborn and refused to stay down. Of course that's assuming Steven would even fight him.

If them being friends isn't a possible conclusion due to SBA, then retract my vote, otherwise I'll stick to Apies' reasons.

Chopper can't actually heal with magic or anything akin to it, he's just a really good doctor. So yes in that they have a healer, but no in that it's not quite on the same level as Steven.

After reading all that I'm convinced to go with inconclusive as well. My head's spinning and I'm proud of Steven for giving Luffy a run for his Beli.

Steven's wanted poster is probably over 9 billion Beli from Gem homeworld anyway.

Need to wait for EoS Steven.

Inconclusive.

I just remembered that the Crystal Gems likely stomp the whole verse due to being pretty strong 6-Bs, meaning any sort of adventurers they could go on there are migrated by nothing posing a threat except for maybe Conquer's haki. It'd still be fun for 6-C Steven though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back