• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
With the Steven Nuke halfway done, I thought it would've been nice to have a thread discussing this wonderful cartoon. Season 3 has been great so far imo, with good humor and character development, and I feel that the season is only going to get better from here on.

Anyone else hyped for the (supposed) Amethyst arc coming up?

This needed to be made, first of all

Secondly, Steven watches Food Wars confirmed.

Finally, and most importantly, Amethyst Arc?!

Hopefully she'll reach her full potential as a Quartz Warrior, or at least give an indication of her true power

The real cal howard said:
This needed to be made, first of all
Secondly, Steven watches Food Wars confirmed.

Finally, and most importantly, Amethyst Arc?!

A lot of the S3 episode names seem to imply something to do with Amethyst.

"Crack the Whip"

"Kindergarten Kid"

"Steven vs Amethyst"

Plus, she has a different dress in the Bismuth promos IIRC so maybe she even gets poofed at some point?

Also, has anyone here read the comics? I'm not sure what the context of the quote is, but apparently Gems (Or at least Pearl) have universes of "endless" mass within their stones...whatever that means.

Heh. Boy, am i going to have a field day with this now that i have free time.

Though since i wasn't able to other the episodes prior to the one with the Centipedle monster (i had class to do, that's why), i'll watch them over at KissCartoons or something.

Ohhh nice! I haven't seen the episode but kind of assumed they would fight soon. Disappointed that Connie didn't do much fighting in Gem Hunt though.

Jasper stomping Amethyst should be a given, as she's comparable to Garnet, and beat both Amethyst and Pearl while Steven was unconscious during her first appearance.

Anyway, High 6-C Stevonnie seems totally fine if she beat Jasper.

Would this affect Steven or Connie in anyway or nope? Maybe Connie with the sword can be scaled to Steven? I dunno.

Darkanine said:
Would this affect Steven or Connie in anyway or nope? Maybe Connie with the sword can be scaled to Steven? I dunno.

Nah, Connie hasn't really done anything to warrant being MCB yet (Emphasis on yet, fingers crossed). Also, should we add that Steven can summon multiple shields in rapid succession without exhausting himself now?

Dang, I see. Heres hoping Connie gets some cool feats by the end of S3. I agree on the rapid fire shields though.

oh finally, a SU discussion thread. I'll be honest, I tried to avoid this thread the last hour due spoilers.

So, an upgrade for Stevonnie?

@Darkanine I honestly thought Connie was gonna poof the bloodstone corrupt Gem but nope :/

@Antoniofer Sorry...

ˆIt's ok, I couldn't watch the stream due that my sister use the pc at around this time to play LoL.

But back in track, poor Amy, like Howard said, this could be the Amethist "Arc"

Jeez, when you guys said Jasper "stomped" Amy you werent kidding. Brutal. The ending of the episode did seem to imply she's gonna get some sort of arc though.

I really hope Jasper gets redeemed. She's been screwed over more than almost anyone else and they still treat her like a complete villain. So far, only the Diamonds seem to be truly uncaring and murderous, with stuff like Yellow Diamond being incredibly uncaring about the Cluster destroying Earth.

Why everyone wants Jasper to be redeemed? Also, that comment remind me something that I don't want to remember... those stupids Argentinians, they'll pay for that

If Jasper does end up forcing gems to fuse with her then i HIGHLY doubt she'll be redeemed, Garnet wont allow it.

Jasper was just doing her job. She's a soldier. During her initial appearance, she only captured Steven and the Crystal Gems as opposed to killing or severely harming any of them. Then, she fused with Lapis, who imprisoned both of them at the bottom of the sea. Despite Lapis being upset about being imprisoned, she reveals that she spent quite a bit of time taking out her frustration and anger on Jasper while they were fused. Malachite was an abusive relationship, but Lapis was the abuser. Jasper then becomes hopelessly addicted to Lapis, crawling back to her wanting to fuse again despite the fact Lapis was terrible to her in the fusion. Remember in Chille Tid, when we see Jasper in Steven's dream, her consciousness basically trapped by Lapis, and she seems furious, out of breath, and not exactly in great condition. When Lapis denies her, Jasper doesn't become violent, but basically starts begging her. Only when Steven steps in does she get angry, and Lapis knocks her off the boat. Now, she's losing it, all because Lapis basically ended up addicting her to the concept of fusion. That's a pretty shitty fate, so far.

Also, I'm pretty sure Jasper has been the least violent to Steven and the others. Lapis tried to kill the Crystal Gems, broke Greg's leg, and straight up attempted to drown Steven and Connie, all while Steven was trying to help her. Not to mention now that Jasper knows her memories, we get hints that Lapis might have done some absolutely unspeakably terrible things in the past.

Peridot tried to blow the Crystal Gems up with lasers...twice.

Jasper was never really all bad. She was just kind of abrasive and brutish, but people like seeing her as a total villain because she's not a "lol so kawaii precious cinammon roll" like Peridot and Lapis. Hell, at this point, even if she ends up doing something crazy and terrible, it's far from entirely her fault. Lapis may be kinda pissed about having to stay at the bottom of the sea as Malachite, but she totally ****** Jasper up mentally in their time down there.

This is pretty much the perfect way to showcase how ridiculous the fandom is about Jasper.

I want Jasper redeemed as well. Lapis is pobably the sole reason Jasper is like this now. Honestly the more I think about it, the more I realize Lapis is a horrible person..

I mean it would be nice for Jasper to be redeemed, but what im saying is if she continues doing what shes doing the only one who will probably forgive her is Steven. Garnet would especially hate her if she forced gems to fuse with her, I mean she's been friends with Pearl for thousands of years, and the one time (Well, two times) she tricked Garnet into fusing with her she refused to even acknowledge her existence. Imagine how she would react to someone who literally forced Gems to fuse with her just for the sake of becoming more powerful.

Steven forgiving her would really be all that matters, since he's the most understanding. The Crystal Gems may hate her out of principle if she keeps going, but honestly, she's still a less terrible person than Lapis.

Lapis basically performed the Gem equivalent of getting into a relationship with someone, physically and mentally abusing them, breaking up with them, trying to take the moral highground when they come crawling back, and driving them to actual insanity. I mean, I forgive Lapis slightly more than I would most other characters due to her pretty shitty past, but that's still an absolutely vile thing to do to a person, especially when the blame is then pretty much shifted entirely onto that person. I can see she regrets it, but Lapis quite literally spent months physically and emotionally abusing Jasper while keeping her prisoner, every second of every day.

"I was terrible to you. I liked taking everything out on you. I needed to. I-I hated you. It was bad!" - Lapis, admitting to abusing Jasper for months

"It'll be better this time. I've changed. You've changed me. I'm the only one who can handle your kind of power." - Jasper, showing that the constant abuse coupled with Malachite's unstable personality and power has cost her some sanity

"What we had wasn't healthy. I never want to feel like I felt with you. Never again! So just go!" - Lapis, acting as if she's the one who's suffered the most from this whole experience

Even Steven clearly has not realized how totally ****** up this is, but as long as he forgives Jasper in the end, and they acknowledge that a big part of where she is now is Lapis' own anger issues, that'd be great.

Oh, question, should Steven's speed be increased as well? He literally ran so fast he appeared as a blur to Greg

Hey guys, i just watched the new episode of today. Pretty fun and awesome like always.

So Steven has the ability to now span multiple small shields. Very nice. He's definitely slowly improving his powers, i like it.

Stevonnie is powerful and fast enough that she can force someone like Jasper to retreat, huh? I can see an upgrade of them (idk what kind of "pronoun" do Stevonnie go by so....yeah) to High 6-C being good.

Amethyst going sad after not being able to stop Jasper. Poor her. :(

But overall, i liked the episode.

So hey this is kind of a random thought

but does anyone else find it weird that Steven is still super chill about people who have tried to straight up murder him in the past, and doesn't yet seem too frustrated with space aliens who want to commit genocide on his whole planet

but when he meets a guy who's kind of a creepy douche, he's hellbent on revenge?

Liiiiiiiiike...

Steven's pissed

(Looks at Azzy with a thought before nodding) .......yeah, taht seems quite odd of him indeed, dude.

I read a post awhile back that since Steven was raised by Gems, he thinks higher of dancing than regular people, thinking of it similar to what humans would think of sex and so Kevin trying to force Stevonnie to dance was a much greater offense in his eyes.

Just a theory, but it made sense to me.

Oh I definitely think he'd find it more offensive than a regular person.

But significantly more offensive than people repeatedly trying to literally kill him?

Hmm. I;ve seen the comments about Jasper and, to give a more shorter comment about it, i think that Jasper really does seem kind of messed up in the head during her time with Lapis. That and yeah she seems less brutal in comparison to that of Peridot and Lapis as Azzy noted.

I do agree in that if she starts force fusing with other gems just to get more powerful, the only one that would really even forgive her would be Steven. He's pretty much the one that would forgive people in comparison to the CG's.

Jasper being redeemed is something i've been both expecting and wanting to see but it's definitely going to be something depeding how bad her actions really are. Then again, the actual and technical reason of this is as what the others said, and that's of Lapis. It also doesn't help that Jasper called Lapis a "real monster", which going by the comments mean that she's probably done some crazy shit herself in the past, yeah...

Indeed. A Jasper redemption would make me pretty happy, especially with how the fanbase treats her. The truth is, Jasper never really did anything reprehensible, and was never really as bad as Peridot or Lapis, who were forgiven relatively quickly.

Lapis returns to Homeworld. The Diamonds learn she has knowledge of Earth, and send Jasper and Peridot back with Lapis as an informant. Jasper captures Steven and the Crystal Gems, and despite giving Steven a black eye and destabilizing Garnet, she never seriously hurts any of them. She's a soldier, and she captured traitors to her homeworld. That's it.

Things go bad for Jasper and Peridot. Jasper, furious at being beaten and humiliated, tries to convince Lapis to fuse with her. Lapis accepts, 100% willingly, with the intention of dragging Jasper to the bottom of the ocean. Not only was this clearly not done to keep everyone safe (as Jasper was outnumbered, surrounded, and had nowhere to go), but as we later learn, was likely done so Lapis could take out her anger on Jasper.

Steven sees Lapis in a dream. Aside from stuggling to hold Jasper under the water, she's otherwise fine. In the brief few seconds Jasper gets control, she looks furious, beaten, and can barely even talk, only angrily crawling towards Steven for leading her to this hellish imprisonment. Lapis then drags her back under.

Malachite surfaces, but is eventually split by Alexandrite. The Crystal Gems let Jasper fall into a ******* fissure while unconscious.

Lapis gets the special princess treatment because "omg she was imprisoned u guiz!!1".

Jasper returns while Steven, Greg, and Lapis are out at sea. Lapis reveals she spent those months she spent under water, a situation she WILLINGLY put herself in, taking out her anger on and abusing Jasper inside of Malachite. Jasper is a complete wreck, who has now become dependent and believes she needs Lapis. She also reveals Lapis did some ****** up shit in the past. Lapis then tries to take the "moral highground" by telling the person she literally abused continuously for months to **** off, and then knocking her into the distance when she rightfully gets pissed. Throughout all this, Jasper is still treated like the monster/enemy, despite us just learning Lapis spent the past few months beating the shit out of her for her own sadistic pleasure, and Jasper not doing anything but literally begging Lapis to fuse, again.

Jasper, now deprived, broken, and less sane than before, tries to build an army because the one Gem she felt connected so doesn't want to see her, again.

Jasper is still treated like the evil one.

The truth is, Lapis is a thousand times worse than Jasper. She tried to straight up murder the Crystal Gems and Steven over a misunderstanding, despite the latter trying to help. She imprisons an already defeated and surrounded Jasper under the sea for months on end, just so she can have her prisoner and take out her anger on her. She reveals that she wants Jasper to leave because their relationship was unhealthy, and she felt good abusing her. Also, somehow the fact she felt good abusing Jasper is Jasper's fault according to her. lol She then continues to act like "woe is me the ocean was my prison and I made such a sacrifice".

Lapis is kinda sorta really incredibly terrible to Jasper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back