• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, this time I watched the stream at time, so no one can spoil me... for now. I'll not say much now, but Steven is pretty tough in this episode

Cropfist said:
Literally covered all of this.

Jasper is a soldier. Saying she's pure evil because she's on a different side (you know, a side she was literally created on and doesn't exactly have a choice in the matter) is like saying literally everyone in Germany during WWII had to be pure evil because they were on the same side as Hitler.

Jasper likely shattering Gems during the war makes her a bad person? lol I guess every soldier who has ever killed anyone is pure evil. Also, how do you think the Crystal Gems won the rebellion? Because sometimes, they were almost certainly going to be forced to shatter other dangerous Gems.

Already pointed out the Malachite thing. Jasper was surrounded, outnumbered, outgunned, and could have been easily poofed and contained. Lapis has straight up confessed the only reason she fused with Jasper was so she could keep her prisoner and take out her anger on her, and in doing this, she also created an incredibly dangerous fusion and risked all life on Earth. Lapis also never expresses remorse for this. She's upset that she had to spend all those months under the ocean, and hates that she felt good abusing Jasper. However, at no point does she express regret or apologize for abusing Jasper for months. She feels sorry for herself, not the other party.

Jasper being aggressive means she can't change? Peridot tried to murder the Crystal Gems on her own after Jasper was gone (attempting to blast them with lasers while screaming "DIE! DIE! DIE!" repeatedly, nearly crushing Garnet and Pearl in a deathtrap, etc.), and she didn't change on her own, either. Steven had to change her. Jasper hasn't had that luxury.

The whole "Lapis did nothing wrong!" or "Lapis is pure, now!" camp is an absolute joke, as it's basically an attempt to justify abusive relationships, which is sick. Jasper trying to return to that relationship does not change the fact that Lapis confessed to being the abuser. Jasper is obviously heavily flawed, but Lapis is a far, far more ****** up character (actually creating a potentially genocidal monstrosity just so she could abuse someone), and she gets off almost scot-free. Saying Lapis deserves to be redeemed while Jasper doesn't is a hilarious misunderstanding of the world.

I think that's more a "for the sake of action" thing than a Steven = Amethyst thing. It did take Steven, Connie, and Lion to fend off a Gem monster that Amethyst beat on her own.

He did still hurt her pretty bad, but it does seem like a sudden jump in power. Maybe "At least Multi-City Block, Possibly Island level+" could work?

On another note, I liked that they foreshadowed a possible rematch between Jasper and Amethyst battle, hopefully she'll win that one.

IDK. Would anyone think this would seem like an outlier a bit by any chance? Even if it really wasn't, that's still a pretty high boost from MCB to Island level+

I dunno if its an outlier or not, but it is a sudden power boost and the circumstances of the fight make it hard to tell if they were actually going all out or not, which is why I suggested "Possibly Island level+" instead of a flat upgrade.

P.S, should I update Stevonnies movement speed to Superhuman to Subsonic to match Stevens?

I mean, Steven's powers are manifesting more, but he's still a long way from reaching his full potential. Not sure this is enough to warrant Island+, as Steven't already listed as "likely far higher" with his powers, which is definitely true.

Fair enough, he's probably gonna have some crazy feats by the end of season 3 anyway.

@Grudgeman, she defeated Jasper in "Crack The Whip" and forced her to retreat.

@Azzy I get that but she didn't beat her in the sense of hurting her or overpowered her with strength , yes she made her retreat but I think it was more of fact she was outs skilled rather out matched don't you think. Stevonnie was able to hurt her beast but that's about it. If anything the fight was more like Jaspers pride defeated since they were able to land a hit. This seems like a outlier. I think we should wait for more episode's to better grasp Stevonnies strength.

Huh. What do you know, we got actually movement speed here for the SU verse. And a boostful one at that, yeah. ^^;

Is this something that only Steven can have or can we use this for others like the CG's? I agree that it should be set on Stevonnies page given that they are part Steven, of course.

@Azzy: I agree. The far higher part should suffice enough atm, i think.

Grudgeman1706 said:
@Azzy I get that but she didn't beat her in the sense of hurting her or overpowered her with strength , yes she made her retreat but I think it was more of fact she was outs skilled rather out matched don't you think. Stevonnie was able to hurt her beast but that's about it. If anything the fight was more like Jaspers pride defeated since they were able to land a hit. This seems like a outlier. I think we should wait for more episode to better grasp Stevonnies strength.
They smashed Rose's sword over Jasper's head (while she had her crash helmet), which not only staggered her and knocked her to the ground, but also easily poofed a Gem monster that Amethyst had to exert herself to destroy.

Azzy, that still seems like a weird boost to go from MCB to island level. Wouldn't it be better to put them unknown possibly far higher. Staggering jasper shouldn't mean they have island level Attacks. I agree their strength is probably higher than their previous rank but for them to be as strong as amethyst( I agree amethyst lost the fight fair and square, but that's only because jasper was messing with her mind about her existence making her lose that cool mojo and overall making her lose the fight), I'm just saying it sounds outlierish given the fact stevonnie only hit her once while staggering her(it's roses sword, it will do damage) I don't see how staggering someone qualifies them to be the same level.

Stevonnie was never MCB. This is the only time they've ever fought. Keep in mind that Garnet, who is stronger than Jasper, is the fusion of two characters who have only shown to be MCB. Fusion very, very often gives a massive boost, especially if the participants are particularly synchronized.

Stevonnie was only really MCB because we had nothing else to really scale her too. Even if we don't scale her to Jasper, then we could scale her to Lion instead.

So...did anyone watch Bismuth yet? One of the best episodes so far imo. I don't want to spoil it but I think Steven got a legit combat feat in it.

I watched it, pretty good indeed, I guess that we'll never see a Bismuth-Lapis interaction, but I'm more than good with this.

He was able to lift and throw a stone figure, Steven is even more tought that the previous episode.

Just finished it, i think we have some justification for Bismuth's and Rose's High 6-C tier as well as more for Garnet's. Also Steven's base Lifting strength should be increased too.

Antoniofer said:
I watched it, pretty good indeed, I guess that we'll never see a Bismuth-Lapis interaction, but I'm more than good with this.

It was confirmed that she'd return as a permanent character later in the series, don't remember where though

Aye. I say that Steven's Lifting Strength can be increased as well. He did lift and pushed back that stone figure, after all.

Lay out for us on that, Weekly. What do you have for Bismuth and Garent?

Yeah, they heavily implied Bismuth and Garnet were equals. Garnet also had a Subsonic movement speed feat too for what its worth. Steven and Ametyst's interactions were pretty adorable too.

Season 3 started off rocky imo, but its getting sooooo good.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Aye. I say that Steven's Lifting Strength can be increased as well. He did lift and pushed back that stone figure, after all.

Lay out for us on that, Weekly. What do you have for Bismuth and Garent?
Well considering that it was probably an obsidian statue i'd say his LS should be changed to a flat Class 5.

Well, according to both Bismuth and Garnet, during the war they took on three battalions of Quartz warriors, meaning they may have taken on at least 1200 Jaspers alone (A battalion is at least 400 soldiers but a Gem battalion may or may not be the same amount of soldiers as a human battalion). Also, Rose poofed Bismuth, though wether or not she used her sword is unknown.

Damn, that much? Shit~ Alright, alright that sounds good enough. What do the others think of that?

Damn, that many Jaspers and only 2 fought them? That's tough, yo.

Mmm. Yeah, it does seem kind of unknown if she did it with her bare hands or via her sword....hmm....

Also, Darkanine mentioned that Garnet did a Subsonic feat. What's your thought on that?

I could do scaling to find the weight of the statue, but maybe is kind unnecesary, should weights like 2-5 tons. I doubt that she fought against the equivalent of 400 Jasper, is very difficult to beat one Jasper, details are unknowed. And about the speed feat, maybe could be a Subsonic movement speed, but could be just a short bust, don't known.

A cubic meter of Obsidian weighs 2600 kg if that helps. Those statues were almost as tall as her.

Well 400 Quartz warriors. We know Jasper is High 6-C, Amethyst is 6-C but isn't at her full potential yet, and Rose High 6-C for being comparable to if not superior to Garnet.

Yeah it could just be an MHS burst, or it could be Subsonic movement

That's what i was thinking of. It could have been a short burst or a Subsonic Movement speed feat there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back