• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe 7-A"+" Problem

@Paulo; I agree that Garnet doesn't get 'At least Mountain level+' by scaling from her.

Calaca is correct regarding our standard conventions. For situations like this we should preferably use "At least..." instead of + signs.

According to our rules, the + signs should preferably be changed to "At least" instead, but two administrators and a bureaucrat disagree, so I cannot just overrule them. I don't have the authority to do that. We have to try to come to an agreement.

Antvasima said:
Calaca is correct regarding our standard conventions. For situations like this we should preferably use "At least..." instead of + signs.
In this case the + Is fine as there is an in-verse multiplier that backs the rating

@WeeklyBattles; did you find any feats of Ruby (Eyeball) hurting other Rubies?

Might just be me but this looks like pretty weak evidence for scaling each Ruby's Attack Potency to Mountain level if all we've got to go off is them playfully punching each other.

For this to be the basis of scaling multiple characters to 7-A and 7-A+, I'd prefer something more convincing.

Well, given that this is a borderline case, I don't feel strongly about it, but I still prefer if we stick to our standard conventions.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Garnet's precognition is one of the most inconsistent abiltiies ever though. It literally only works when the plot demands it.
I've yet to see a single precog in all of fiction be treated as absolute so this isn't a good argument.

That'd be circular reasoning, as Steven gets his rating directly from Eyeball in the first place.

(Also debateable, since intent to kill/harm someone does not necessarily equal proof of scaling).

Damage3245 said:
That'd be circular reasoning, as Steven gets his rating directly from Eyeball in the first place.

(Also debateable, since intent to kill/harm someone does not necessarily equal proof of scaling).
Eyeball wrestled steven to the ground and was a split second from stabbing him to death and had Steven not popped the bubble they were in she would have

@WeeklyBattles; can you link me Steven harming Eyeball? I don't remember that.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

Was it an asteroid? Huh, guess i misremembered

Steven still harmed Eyeball though, and is equal to amethyst

@WeeklyBattles; then his profile should be updated to reflect that.

And besides, that still doesn't get around the issue that Eyeball never actually harmed Steven if she wanted to. We're going to make all these characters 7-A and 7-A+ because Eyeball wanted to hurt Steven?

And scaling to Amethyst also doesn't really work here because that's still circular reasoning, the circle being:

Ruby -> Steven -> Amethyst -> Garnet -> Ruby.

Agreed, it should

She didnt just want to hurt him, she physically wrestled him to the ground

Also youre using the wrong version of Steven here, the version of Steven that fought Ruby doesnt scale to Garnet

Wrestling him to the ground is more of a LS feat. If she didn't harm him in any way, she shouldn't scale.

But to be honest, we need to get the whole scaling together because it's becoming even more confusing.

@Calca She did harm him, and if steven had not thrown her into space by popping his bubble she would have stabbed him to death, something he flat out acknowledges

Its really not confusing at all lol

It is probably not, but your constant changes of it makes it nearly impossible to catch up to me who haven't seen the series.

>Constant changes

Ive made all of one change thus far and its minor and doesnt even affect what we're talking about

You were changing the argument to the point where Garnet was first scaling to 317MT and now to 548MT, going through a lot of posts with the same arguments here and in the thread that originated this.

It's not a minor change even if it's just one.

"Garnet views Gems that can tank and dish out 274 megatons as powerless, can oneshot Pearl who can oneshot the 274 megaton gems and views a ship capable of dishing out and taking 317 megatons as fragile, and is equal to Jasper, who tanked the core of a ship immensely more powerful than the ancient, non-combat ship at point blank range with little damage"

Proof that the SU scaling is a mess is that you didn't notice the fusion argument until I create the thread. That and some arguments that people brought up to put the scaling in doubt considering the amount of circular scaling going around.

We've been using the fusion argument for years, ever since fusion was revealed and explained in season 1 of the show...

There is no circular scaling that would discredit any tiers in this verse that cant be summed up as a minor error that is easily removed

Back