• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe 7-A"+" Problem

@M3X If you want to discuss about that, this isn't the place. That's a site-broad discussion and this is only to discuss about the SU scaling.

Does Garnet has a specific number in the 7-A+ range she is scaling to. Or is she, iirc, >317 MT. If the latter, then I agree she should be regular 7-A

The Calaca said:
The rules says that only with a calced result you can get the +. Multipliers circunvent that. Scaling doesn't.
This is what I was looking for.

I think we need a lot more community input before the decision is made.

If it's true Garnet is calced at 317MT then there's still a 179MT difference before the + can be given.

It's really up to us as a community to see if the gap is close enough.

KobsterHope07 said:
Does Garnet has a specific number in the 7-A+ range she is scaling to. Or is she, iirc, >317 MT. If the latter, then I agree she should be regular 7-A
She's >>>>> 548 MT

The Calaca said:
Uh.. yes. The wiki goes with a case-by-case.

But anyway, let's return to the point. The rules says that only with a calced result you can get the +. Multipliers circunvent that. Scaling doesn't.
The gap is quite literally 2 Megatons and Garnet is significantly above 548 Megatons

This IS the exception

Pepper14832 said:
How is she greater than 548 MT?
Because she's equal to the 2 Topaz Fusion where a single Topaz is equal to 7-A Steven who is equal to Amethyst and Pearl, each of whom can oneshot Rubies who are undamaged by 274 Megatons

WeeklyBattles said:
Pepper14832 said:
How is she greater than 548 MT?
Because she's equal to the 2 Topaz Fusion where a single Topaz is equal to 7-A Steven who is equal to Amethyst and Pearl, each of whom can oneshot Rubies who are undamaged by 274 Megatons
I respectfully disagree. She never laid one physical attack on Topaz. She literally got picked up and tossed away. That was the only interaction we saw in that fight between the two. How is that equal or on par with such little interaction?

If she's equal to the 2 Topaz then she isn't above them.

Get your scaling together first.

Regardless of scaling, 2 megatons is negligible.

It is honestly no big deal if you ask me. I would understand if we were talking even like maybe 10-20 percent gap between 7-A+. But...

We arent. So yeah, just file me under against. Seems kind of ridiculous.

To me, that's irrelevant. Just because your were caught by surprise, when one of your abilities is precognition, isn't enough and less justification you are on par with someone.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Garnet's precognition is one of the most inconsistent abiltiies ever though. It literally only works when the plot demands it.
Just because you challenge someone, get caught by surprise, and thrown to the side, doesn't make you equal to the person you've been thrown by.

Like fused together? Because beating two characters equally strong don't mean the beater is 2x stronger.

The second part of the comment only tell me they are comparable to people who can one-shot 274MT characters.

The Calaca said:
Like fused together? Because beating two characters equally strong don't mean the beater is 2x stronger.

The second part of the comment only tell me they are comparable to people who can one-shot 274MT characters.
In SU's case fusion makes you stronger proportional to the number of Gems in a fusion, so a fusion of 2 topazes would be 2x as strong

Its why the 5-way Ruby fusion is High 7-A

Paulo.junior.969 said:
So, Garnet doesn't scale because she got thrown by Topaz in less than ten seconds?
She took hits from Topaz and Topaz resorted to using human shields in combat, thus Garnet scales in durability and can harm people like Jasper who can harm her

You know what. I'm going to watch the show as soon as I have time to do so. Pray for the scaling to be accurate.

I still think we shouldn't give the + without the needed number. Our page says so and accepting this is going against our standards just because of a scaling that has been changed through this thread a few times.

Throwing the opponent out of the battlefield sounds less like an attack and more of an attempt of BFR using lifting strength. If she had been punched out of the battlefield, it could scale, but she was literally just picked up and thrown.

Back