• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe 7-A"+" Problem

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I'm on the mobile right now so I don't have time to make a big wall of text.

This is what our Attack Potency page says:

"+" symbol

Currently misused to an extraordinary degree on the wiki, the "+" symbol should only be used when the Attack Potency has been calculated to be greater than the average (arithmetic mean) of the high end energy level and low end energy level of a particular tier.

Example: Average of Large Building level is: [2 Tons (low end) + 11 tons (high end)]/2 = 6.5 Tons (the arithmetic mean). All energy levels from 2 Tons to 6.5 Tons should be listed as Large Building level, whereas all energy levels from 6.5 Tons to 11 Tons should be listed as Large Building level+.

Steven Universe's 7-As like Garnet (Steven Universe) have a + in their ratings despite scaling above 317 Megatons. The size of the scaling chain doesn't matter. They need either a multiplier or a feat above 550 Megatons to justify the + in their ratings.

So this is to delete the + in every 7-A in verse.

Look at the way to calc the midway through the arithmetical mean.

It's 100 Megatons + 1 Gigaton / 2 = 550 Megatons.

Without multipliers or better feats you can't get a + in the rating.

Sorry but no

Garnet views Rubies, Gems that can tank 274 megatons with absolutely zero damage and can dish out attacks that can harm each other, as powerless

She can oneshot Pearl and Amethyst, who each can oneshot Rubies and view a ship capable of dishing out and taking 317 megatons as fragile, with casual punches

And she's equal to Jasper, who with very little damage at point blank range tanked the core of a ship immensely more powerful than the 317 megaton ship, which, due to being an ancient transport ship that wasnt built for combat, is vastly weaker than a modern Gem Warship

Also due to being a fusion, Garnet is canonically over 2x as strong as a Ruby, so there's your multiplier

She's also equal to a fusion of two topazes, each of which are stronger than a ruby

I remark:

should only be used when the Attack Potency has been calculated to be greater than the average

Scaling can't get you there.

Also due to being a fusion, Garnet is canonically over 2x as strong as a Ruby, so there's your multiplier

She's also equal to a fusion of two topazes, each of which are stronger than a ruby

The fusion of 274MT strong gems.

274 x 2 = 548.

Close enough but not enough.

Being >>> is still not enough. 550MT calc or multiplier is the only way and I'll proceed to wait for more staff input.

WeeklyBattles said:
We do seeing as thats the canon explanation in the show...
No, we really don't. All of the fusion pages we have say "superior to the combined power", so it would be:

Ruby's 274 Megatons + Sapphire's 1 Megaton = 275 Megatons.

So Garnet > 275 Megatons... which doesn't really change anything, since we already know Garnet treats 274 Megtaons like babies and scales from 317 Megatons.

275 Megatons would not be able to treat 274 Mgeatons as powerless my guy

Plus she's equal to the Topaz fusion, with each individual topaz being stronger than a ruby

WeeklyBattles said:
275 Megatons would not be able to treat 274 Mgeatons as powerless my guy
"So Garnet > 275 Megatons... which doesn't really change anything, since we already know Garnet treats 274 Megtaons like babies and scales from 317 Megatons."

It apparently is. If Sapphire is 1 MT then Garnet can't be near the 550MT using the fusion multiplier argument.

She's just above it.

Also, Topaz's AP is "Able to harm Garnet and overwhelm Amethyst, fended off both Connie and Steven at the same time". No mention of Ruby.

Not on Topaz's page.

This thread is about whether the current justification for the AP would give them a "+", not about changing the justificatons.

Well, since you're stubbornly ignoring the point that says that scaling can't give you the + and the fusion is no longer acceptable the way you depicted it, we have to wait for the rest.

Commenting is only going to unnecessarily prolong this thread with the same arguments. I suggest we stop.

You still haven't lost that very old habit of changing the page in the middle of the discussion without asking anyone just so you wouldn't lose an argument?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
You still haven't lost that very old habit of changing the page in the middle of the discussion without asking anyone just so you wouldn't lose an argument?
You pointed out an error and i corrected it, why would i stop doing that?

Its not changing pages randomly, its simply correcting an obvious error

If every single minute revision needed a huge crt we wouldnt get anything done around here

If the 2x mutiplier is legit and being largely above 548 megatons is legit, then + would be fine. I mean we allow straight up tier jumps based on being really damn above a calc that is close to being the next tier.

If it's not legit then rip.

If it actually affects the scale in a significant way and is needed to decide whether the "+" stays or not, this means it isn't so minute.

@Saikou A Single Topaz is much stronger than a single Ruby, which is undamaged by 274 Megatons, and Garnet is equal to a fusion of two Topazes

Technically even Rubies are above 274 Megatons now that i think about it

@Weekly you can't tho. Your arguments might be flawed and we don't know about it. Having a CRT makes the outcome as accurate as possible.

@Saikou it's not how it works tho. Last year we had characters scaling from one-shoting a 6 Tons character with more scaling above that and the + wasn't accepted because the average is 6.5. We shouldn't go by double standards. The rules says a thing and unless we change their purpose then they had to be respected.

Seriously though, how the hell is the decisive factor between them having or not having the "+" a minute revision? This doesn't make any sense.

So, for Steven Universe Characters to be 7-A+ they need to be 550MT or higher.

Apparently, Ruby is 274 Megatons.

What is Sapphrines MTs?

@Pepper Garnet scales to the Topaz Fusion, with each individual Topaz being bare minimum equal to if not far stronger than a Ruby

Wait, so being far superior than someone who is near the baseline for the + signal means nothing, why we allow characters to jump tiers with the exact same logic?

Back