• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yes but again what are the chances of him getting a potion of speed?

Potions are mid game I think. And the chance of it being full of swords are extremely unlikely.

Yeah, it's not important right now, sorry...

There are 11 types of positive effect potions and 6 types of negative effect potions which varies on how strong or weak it is. If it's a Splash Potion version, then it will be useful no matter what, since he can either throw it on himself if it's a positive effect potion, or he can throw it on Midoriya if it's a negative effect potion. Also, can the luck potion help him in battle, since it's a form of probability manipulation? One time a 10-C character won against Thunder McQueen (it couldn't be added because the character got removed at the last second from VBW) due to having probability manipulation because they were so lucky that they couldn't die from him.

hmm we need to figure out how many total items there are in this scenario.

Btw i decided to disclude armor as items in his inventory and instead just give him random armor pieces equipped at the start of the match (discluding diamond as it is late game)

Dosn't change much just insures his durability is atleast Building Level.

Well, I made an mistake including the Elytra, which is end game, so that's out. Potions are allowed and there is a lot of them, so that will make how many useful items he will get in this inventory quite a lot higher! :D Can someone do the calculation for me? It's very late for me, so I'm not as awake right now...

Insert creative name here 12 said:
So his dura is .77 tons? Since with full iron a creeper almost kills him
Steve can no-sell the heat of the Nether, which is 0.67 tons or so.

Alright so I got a total of 310 items. 169 useless, 114 useful, and 27 food items.

Also 105 of the items are potions however 54 of them are useless in this fight.

The golden apples are counted as useful items ^^

And the spider eyes, rotten flesh, etc are counted as useless. As for the rest I just counted as food items.

Also, wait, would you be able to count the Enchanted Golden Apple? Since you can find them in dungeons and mineshafts IIrc! :D

Yes im counting the Enchanted Gapple. They are used in late game but can be found in mid-game

I just said it isn't a late game item. It is mid-game but is used in late game.

Roughly 37% of the items are useful so that should transfer to his inventory which means 37% of items he gets will be useful on average and there is 37 item slots. So 14/37 of the items he gets on average will be useful to him.

It should also be noted that arrows are only useful items if Steve gets a bow which is a 0.31% chance.

Ok so with the conditions OP provided Deku's best win con in the best scenario for Steve (items: iron sword, shield, bow, arrow, enchanted gapple, splash potion of decay, poison, insta health, healing, strength, levitation, steak, normal gapple, trident) is to get close because majority of Steve's items are less effective in CQC and if Deku can avoid the potions and bow shots he can get close and win however this is under the assumption that Steve has only one of each item in his inventory

Im confusing myself on this but right now im getting the percentages by seeing what percent of the number of x is of 310. Swords and Tools account for around 5% of the 310 items.

Bob8999 said:
what about a totem of undying?
I think that's late game maybe
i think it would depend on the player, the map and luck, cause im pretty sure its possible to kill an evoker with iron armour and an iron sword, you´d just need to find a forest mansion.

The amount of variability in this matchup makes it annoying
As long as it's a good battle and not a stomp then it should be a good VS Debate! One of the characters may get a victory added on their page! >¤ë<

Bob8999 said:
Bob8999 said:
what about a totem of undying?
I think that's late game maybe
i think it would depend on the player, the map and luck, cause im pretty sure its possible to kill an evoker with iron armour and an iron sword, you´d just need to find a forest mansion.
Yes, you can kill an Evoker with just Iron Armour and an Iron Sword.

Phoenks said:
Im confusing myself on this but right now im getting the percentages by seeing what percent of the number of x is of 310. Swords and Tools account for around 5% of the 310 items.
Are you still calculating it?

So for the 14 useful slots it would be 1/110x14 % chance of getting that kind of item on average. so the chance of getting any singular useful item is 0.12% . Out of the 14 useful items he gets on average 14% are tools/swords, 49% are potions, 31% are arrows, and the remanining 5% is things like lava or ender pearls. So that means on average he will get 3 weapons/tools , 7 potions, and 4 different kinds of arrows... with a chance of getting ender pearls, lava, etc.

3 food slots on average so 1/35x3 % chance of getting any specific food is 0.1%. 14% is useless food, 6% is the 2 gapples. and the remaining 80% is the normal and cooked/uncooked foods. So on average 2 normal foods and a chance of either getting another normal food, a gapple, or a useless food for the last slot.

And 20 not useful slots so 1/169x20 % chance of getting any specific not useful item is 0.13%. Im not going to go over these items cause they are all useless.

Ok so this is pretty good for steve I think.

I hope I did my math right but if I didn't feel free to correct it.

Back