• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Idk how exactly M devouring universes is an anti-feat though, context there basically says M is beyond comprehension, and gave the universe devouring feat as an example, and ends it off with an "or even that..." implying even that isn't the full scope of his power.
It's the interaction feat bc apparently in R>F you cannot have physical interaction between the higher and lower planes (Eg. the Looney Toons downgrade thread). So M's Jet Black devouring infinite universes would be considered an anti-feat, unless Jet Black itself is an avatar of M/Nyarlathotep.

As for the other things, they seem fine to me.

? So a 1-A being could never blow up a 2-A multiverse, as that would discredit them being 1-A?

That sounds very weird, as far as I know with Looney toons, the toons interact with the animator, with no explanation for it, a lower being can never interact with a higher, the inverse though sounds bizarre to me.

I mean M's Jet Black if you will encompasses all creation, it exists everywhere, but at the same time is beyond time and space. Darkness is under M's domain, but that doesn't mean for example that if you can control darkness, you are interacting with M, it's simply something M controls.

Yes M exists within the multiverses as the darkness, but where he truly exists is outside the universe, as a transcendent being.

Here is my M blow btw.

? So a 1-A being could never blow up a 2-A multiverse, as that would discredit them being 1-A?
Devouring =/= Blowing Up/Destroying tho. Devouring implies the object came into contact with the being physically, at least that is what is stated here. Though it you can chalk it up as M's Darkness/Jet Black doing that.

Well that clears it up, but anyway will still elaborate. M has avatars and aspects to his existence, he exists the darkness, even dark matter

Did you go to the moon?

How could such a thing be possible?

It was impossible.

It has been a long time since we have been denied the ethereal oceans of fantastical fiction that floated in faraway galaxies, but what we have instead learned about outer space is the cold, stern fact that it is nothing but an infinite darkness of death. People may be able to fly through the dark clouds with an engine airship, but even if they are able to penetrate the eternal gray clouds that have been darkened since the last century by the developed Steam Engine civilization, they will not be able to go out into space.

The world of the stars is the darkness of infinite death, or as some occultists I know would describe it, the black garden of death, stagnation, and eternal infinity filled with dark matter that constitutes the fearsome Black King, the transcendent being of the outer universe.-Ulthar Thoughts

Everything that's dark is under his control, it's even said here that he can exist as matter, and also all of darkness

Will people remember the Black King?
The Outer God.
The King of the Gods.
The Howler in Darkness. The Crawling Chaos. The Dark Universe itself. The one who seeks Gold.
It is incomparable to the Old Ones. The Foreign God, the Black King, a real one who can exist as matter and that which is all of darkness is its domain.
The galaxy that encompasses our planet, the cluster of galaxies it gathers, and the vast infinite darkness that possesses it, that is, the universe, is one of the many certain traits in the universe that is black, darkness, and one of the Outer Gods.
The Black King, who is said to have a thousand manifestations on a planetary to even galactic scale was observed by Professor Moriarty at a young age, who left behind a paper. It overlooked the existence of A.Z.T.T, but...
Ah, the Black King. The one who flew from outer space. The dull traces of the God who hides himself. The Knight of the Abyss, the Jet Black Outer God who remade the dark universe to search for the Golden Eyes that flew from outer space to this planet.
After visiting the planet, it is said that it ruled and reigned relatively benignly over those who behaved as its God King. Did you see in the fading illusion the profile of the one from outside that had once disappeared?
Even after the end of ancient times, the Black King did not perish.
Do you remember?
People, he chose to be the only king in the Dark Palace.-Shiei no Sona Nyl: Unknown Author Description

So as I have been saying interacting with lower stuff wouldn't be an anti-feat, cause he has aspects of himself which can exist as lower stuff, and that the true nature of himself is stated many times to be beyond time and space, being the very outside itself etc etc.

Jesus christ, the idea of 1-A Steampunk coming in is somehow enticing ish lol.

What's sorta funny is this just makes Tesla's antagonism against either Nyar's, unless in Shining Night he meant Black King as in TTM, even hilarious in hindsight xD

Dude's really gotta have some sort of Paradigm-like state that A could be going under or Lily would if she were to obtain perma Gold like having Azathoth's Eyes.

Tesla is pitiful.

As Edison says "Pointless, pointless. All things are devoid of meaning". The idea of any mortal getting to the level of a Nyar is ridiculous, doesn't matter what you do, unless there is some God backing you ie Azathoth, there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop them.

Whatever GK's core plan is, is doomed to fail too.

And so it begins...

You know another funny thing to consider this just means that Cracking runs off of a 1-A being, and various characters and whatnot who use it are using the power of a 1-A to perform math to enact various phenomena with it owo

Man, I would legit love to have an actual reason to scale WAB with Demonbane owo.

But yeah, an actual crossover made between the two would need to happen.

So far we just have the interview they did that's just creators of different series talking about their works and how they influence each other, and that thing Haganeya Jin did to have Steampunk a part of his greater Demonbane cosmology even if it's just pretty distant ish from it. Granted there IS that Gahkthun Anthology series he did with Sakurai and other writers, but I don't feel that's enough to say they're that connected...maybe.

Man, I would legit love to have an actual reason to scale WAB with Demonbane owo.

But yeah, an actual crossover made between the two would need to happen.

So far we just have the interview they did that's just creators of different series talking about their works and how they influence each other, and that thing Haganeya Jin did to have Steampunk a part of his greater Demonbane cosmology even if it's just pretty distant ish from it. Granted there IS that Gahkthun Anthology series he did with Sakurai and other writers, but I don't feel that's enough to say they're that connected...maybe.
It is likely that the Outer Gods (Nya, Azzy, Yog) have manifested as different avatars in the Steampunk verse given the "Dead End" in Demonbane. We have evidence from both the Gahkthun Anthology (Underground Appearing + Critters) and the Guidebook with Cross x Talk as well. I would say High 1-A M and Edison aren't far-fetched at all.

What once becomes asleep...can awaken again.

Man, it's only been two weeks yet it felt like a month had passed since the last comment lol.

IMG_20220831_0015.jpg.jpg

Just to revive it a bit, I got an interesting chart that was part of this magazine that Sakurai took part in to promote Gahkthun. It's also the same magazine where we have that other Sharnoth short story as well as where Sakurai did a crossover creator's talk with Jin Hagenaya of DMB series.

The chart carries key signs for what is what. The yellow squares are those who possess the Golden Eye or are Golden Eye carriers. Red are those who are associated with the Society in anyway. The arrows are unique even. The orange or red arrow line are those who are blood related. The (although really hard to see) grey ish arrow line are those who are hostile to one another. And the normal black lines are just other stuff.

Here's one for just the Inganock cast:

Gii to Kia: Guardian

Gii by Kia: Deeply affectionate

Gii and Ati: Lovers?

Gii and Iru: Friends

Gii and Randolph: Friends

Gii and Kerkan: Hostiles

Gii by G=G: Watched/Observed

Gii and Porshion: Partners?

Kerkan:

Kerkan and Kia: Brother and sister/siblings

Kerkan by Ruaha: Interested/Curious

Kerkan to Iru: Assaulted

Kerkan and Gii: Hostiles

Kia:

Kia by Ruaha: Interested/Curious (Same as with Kerkan)

Kia to Gii: Deeply affectionate

Kia and Ati: Deeply affectionate (It uses 親愛 which seems like it uses the same meaning as 興味 that is used for Kia towards Gii? Tho latter can also mean to yearn or long for)

Even the Archduke has some of his own. He's related to the Astaire guy that appears in Celenaria, whose also a GE user, and is the one who brought Grimm=Grimm into form via the Cracking Effect Experiment as we all know.

And as one can closely observe, these relations the characters have go beyond the entry of the series they appear in.

Now the Sona Nyl ones also pretty good.

• W/Elysia: Lovers
  • Alan and A: ?
  • Alan and Lily: ?
  • W/Edison: Teacher and Student
  • Towards Edison: Obstruction/Hindrance (probably referring to his role in the 1st Cracking Effect Experiment.

• Towards Edison: Vassalage
  • Towards Lily: Assaulted/Attacker
  • W/Luciano: Invioable? (It uses the kanji 不可侵 to describe their relation which means something "inviolable, non-aggression, sacredness". Could mean they got no beef with each other?)

• Towards Lily (Luciano): Watches over/keeps an eye on her
  • Towards Lily (Mao): Charming/Adorable (Literally says "Kawaii")
  • W/Mao: Friends

From A: Guardian/Protector
To A: Cares for them. The expression for her towards A uses 気になる, which can also mean to feel unease for or be concerned about.
To Tesla: Intervention (probably means her coming to Tesla's despairing moment and helping him get out of Edison's Time Prison)
From Thoth Rom (Celenaria Character, also theorized to be the same guy as Thoth Hermes of the Society but haven't quite found anything that hints the connection): Deeply affectionate
To Porshion: ?

W/Tesla: Arch enemies
To Archduke Astaire: Supported
To Grimm=Grimm: Creation/Created

It would have made sense if it was from Tesla's PoV towards Edison, yet it goes two ways with arrows pointing at each other.

Then again, the kanji to describe Tesla and Edison (Nyar) uses Shukuteki (宿敵), which can mean something like "longtime/old enemy, long-standing foe, and traditional enemy".

Edison also having relations with the Archduke and G=G was sorta being hinted on, but this chart further cements what sort of relation and action he had in Inganock behind the scenes. He gave the secrets of Cracking to Astaire, and had a hand in Grimm=Grimm's creation. But it's through Astaire's own Cracking Effect Experiment that gave Grimm=Grimm form in the first place (the notion being the word 創造 used to describe Edison's connection to G=G vs Astaire who uses 実体化 for his towards GG)

One more thing I didn't add for Edison is his relation to the Society.

There is one line that leads from the members of the Society that appeared in both Sharnoth and Valusia that's circled up and comes back to an arrow line towards Edison and it describes the Society's relation to him as Taiteki (大敵) which means great enemy or powerful enemy...which is interesting given they're also one of the few people who even LEARNED Cracking from him xD

Oof to Discord images being nuked hard.

The Sharnoth one, I'd say something about but there's not much to it that we don't already know about.

Ange and Howard are a married couple. Ange, Charle, and Mary are best friends. Mary is related to that one old guy whose her uncle? And said guy is friends with Zach.

Even the Society one isn't much noted but sorta interesting.

Baron and James Moriarty (Professor) are collaborators. Baron observes M. James exact relation to M is ?. As for M and Moran, Moran has something about "feelings of love" towards M with a ? while Moran is a subordinate to M in turn. And Moran is succeded by a later model in the form of Sebastian M.

GUYS!
I FOUND ANOTHER EDVIDENCE THAT CONNECTS BOTH STEAMPUNK AND DEMONBANE MYTHOS.
WE CAN FINALLY SCALE STEAMPUNK TO DEMONBANE VERSE (and vice versa).

GUYS!
I FOUND ANOTHER EDVIDENCE THAT CONNECTS BOTH STEAMPUNK AND DEMONBANE MYTHOS.
WE CAN FINALLY SCALE STEAMPUNK TO DEMONBANE VERSE (and vice versa).
Eh, lets see the evidence.

What's even going on with Demonbane btw? Last I checked the verse still doesn't have pages on this site, and all that tier 1 stuff needs to be reevaluated.

What's even going on with Demonbane btw? Last I checked the verse still doesn't have pages on this site, and all that tier 1 stuff needs to be reevaluated.
With Tiers 1-A and up, or I guess Tier 1 as a whole having been updated here and there since, that sounds about right.

Eh, lets see the evidence.

Even under the new cosmology, the verse would be tier 0 from what I discussed with Mugen.
Basically, the Multiverse extends up to High 1-B and beyond that is the Super Hyper Space-Time which is Low 1-A as it stands at the apex of the High 1-B realm and trivializes the entirety of it. Then there is the Outerverse which exists beyond this and is stated to be completely beyond Space, Time, and Dimension. Beyond that are infinite layers upon layers of stuff such as the gameboard and similar R>F stuff of Another Blood, all of which would be 1-A+. Then beyond them is Chaos itself which is where Outer Gods manifest and to whom all of these are nothing but fleeting dreams, therefore High 1-A. Then there is the Lotus Throne beyond this where Dead End Demonbane exists. Finally, there is <I> who is the Monad of the verse that has characteristics which fulfill the criteria for Tier 0.

Demonbane Fanzin Book #3 released yesterday. So something from there ig.
Nah, it's something from DYN Freaks itself. Took me a while to realize it.

Ok folks, allow me to break down the details.

First of all, let's take a look at the profile of the main character from Ourai no Gahkthun Anthology, Douglas Fairbanks:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Douglas_Fairbanks
(Copy his profile from here because I'm too lazy to search for original source as I haven't read Steampunk series yet)
Through unknown circumstances, Douglas became the sole survivor of New York's "Great Disappearance", saved by the "Black Buddha" Fu Manchu who took him in to become a ninja of his assassin sect, "Akushinkage". However, he cut himself away from them due to disagreeing with their methods of dealing "justice" in the world, becoming a nukenin in the process where he later entered the Academia in France following the advice of a certain "magician".
Now, I want you guys to focus on 3 words: Akushinkage, Black Buddha, and Fu Manchu. What is their relationship with Demonbane Mythos as a whole?

1) Akushikage (悪心影 or アク・シン・カゲ in Japanese) is the name of the internation terrorist group that carries out assassination similar to the Ninjas, they worship the Black Buddha who resides in the Underground Demon World of K'n-yan. And here's the interesting part: Akushinkage is mentioned in BOTH Ourai no Gahkthun and the manga DYN Freaks. And guess the identity of the "Black Buddha" in question? That's right, Fu Manchu himself. This comes in full circle as Fu Manchu is also one of the characters in the latest installment of Demonbane Mythos, Zanma Taisen Demonbane. Not just some cameo or anything, but he will play a very important role in the Shanghai arc. K'n-yan is also mentioned in Zanma Taisen but let's not dig too much about it. Below is the glossary about Akushikage from DYN Memo - collection of setting materials for the manga DYN Freaks written by Jin Haganeya himself:

DYN Memo said:
悪心影(アク・シン・カゲ)
ヒマラヤ山脈を拠点とする国際テロリスト組織。
地下魔界(マガイ)クン・ヤンに坐います〝黒い仏〟を信仰し、日本の忍者にも似た暗殺者を用いて、
大規模なテロ活動を繰り返してきた。
本人達は紀元前より存在する組織と主張するが、実在が確認されたのは義和団事変以降。

2) This is another interesting realization that it took me a while to connect the dots. So basically, in DYN Freaks, there's a brown-skinned guy who used the power of Type: Tindalos, he's one of the 13 Horrors aka Majins who are infected with the "Color" of Evil Gods:

i.imgur.com/4Dqn8tM.png

His name wasn't mentioned in the manga, however, it was revealed by Jin-sensei to be "Bronze" (青銅/ブロンズ). Bronze is the identity of one of the Ninja from the Akushinkage who attempted to assassinate Douglas Fairbanks. He appeared in the chapter "Wild Hunt" of Ourai no Gahkthun Anthology, the description is completely matched with the aforementioned dude in DYN Freaks. Or, tldr: same character.

■《青銅(ブロンズ)》
《破滅(ベイン)》《邪毒(ヴェノム)》《子熊(オシィト)》等々。
ニンジャ・コマンダー。
十三妹の側近。口元をマスクで覆った、浅黒い肌の青年。
十三妹に愛され、魔王ミゼーアに認められたダグラスに激しく嫉妬する。

And finally, we havee a short story where Bronze confronted Douglas himself, taken from the DYN Memo:

(題なし)​

「すごいね。オリエントの神秘だね」
「ああいう手合いは、ベルタが詳しそうだが……」
「ねえ、ダーリン?
 あいつら、あなたにそっくりじゃなくて?」
「…………」
「鋭いな、シャダム・ココ。なかなかの名推理だ。
 お察しの通り、連中の技術は、我らが奇傑ゾロと全く同じもの。
 即ち東洋の魔術。クン・ヤンの秘奥。
 そう、彼らは――」
「ニンジャだ」
「……貴様が〝今〟の《悪心影》か」
「そうだ、ダグラス。
 俺は命を奪う邪毒(ヴェノム)……」
「お前にとっての――《破滅(ベイン)》だ」
Ourai no Gahkthun Anthology is written by Jin Haganeya, characters from the novel have appeared and directly mentioned in Demonbane Mythos along with its settings and location, and the Fanzin book volume 1 has confirmed that Steampunk verse is a part of Demonbane universe. You can do the math.

Finally, there is <I> who is the Monad of the verse that has characteristics which fulfill the criteria for Tier 0.
<I> is Mugen bro.... Dead End is still the most powerful being of the verse, while Mugen is comparable to Therion at best. The whole <I> thing is about Mugen to begin with, we can scale the rest of the verse based on her feats, though.

<I> is Mugen bro.... Dead End is still the most powerful being of the verse, while Mugen is comparable to Therion at best.
But your posts stated <I> being the entire cosmology while transcending it and being unchanging non-dualistic entity while seeing the whole cosmology as a fleeting dream. That would encompass Dead End too no?

But your posts stated <I> being the entire cosmology while transcending it and being unchanging while seeing the whole thing as a fleeting dream. That would encompass Dead End too no?
You've misread my chat though. What I meant is <I> is the true nature of Yoguruma Mugen as the void that predates all things in existence. Yes, she can view everything as a mere fleeting dream, but that doesn't make her above Dead End or anything. Read the respect thread again mate.
I mean, we have donzens of characters and entities in Demonbane Mythos who can screw over the whole verse, it's not like only Mugen can do it.

You've misread my chat though. What I meant is <I> is the true nature of Yoguruma Mugen as the void that predates all things in existence. Yes, she can view everything as a mere fleeting dream, but that doesn't make her above Dead End or anything. Read the respect thread again mate.
I mean, we have donzens of characters and entities in Demonbane Mythos who can screw over the whole verse, it's not like only Mugen can do it.
Damn, that would only make the verse a few layers or so higher into High 1-A as per the Wiki's Tiering. Really thought <I> was the Monad because of the description you gave.
Oh well, still good. High 1-A Steampunk.

Damn, that would only make the verse a few layers or so higher into High 1-A as per the Wiki's Tiering. Really thought <I> was the Monad because of the description you gave.
Oh well, still good. High 1-A Steampunk.
eh, I still think the verse is 0 though, given the nature of Dead End as the enlightened one.

eh, I still think the verse is 0 though, given the nature of Dead End as the enlightened one.
Correct me if I am wrong but Dead End is from the Bad Ending route of Demonbane where Kurou suffers infinite looped torture from Nyar and the Great Old Ones and that Demonbane got corrupted and transcended to become Dead End, right?
In that case, I don't think it will qualify as per site standards on tier 0 since you can't transcend into tier 0. You'll have to be a completely Trandsdual Uninteractable, All-Encompassing, Unchanging, and Transcending Monad entity for it.

Correct me if I am wrong but Dead End is from the Bad Ending route of Demonbane where Kurou suffers infinite looped torture from Nyar and the Great Old Ones and that Demonbane got corrupted and transcended to become Dead End, right?
In that case, I don't think it will qualify as per site standards on tier 0 since you can't transcend into tier 0. You'll have to be a completely Trandsdual Uninteractable, All-Encompassing, Unchanging, and Transcending Monad entity for it.
Not "corrupted". Dead End simply inherited the will of Kurou, both Kurou and Al are gone after the infinite repetitive loops of the Bad Ending. And no, they are not just tortured by Nyar and the Great Old Ones, they are literally trapped inside the prison of Azathoth himself (and also Chaos).
As for the new standard of tier 0, I believe there are some exceptions such as the true Buddhahood, and Dead End is fitted with that category in terms of both philosophy and nature.
Though that would be another story for another time. Let's go back to the topic of Steampunk verse being canon to Demonbane Mythos then.

Nah, it's something from DYN Freaks itself. Took me a while to realize it.

Ok folks, allow me to break down the details.

First of all, let's take a look at the profile of the main character from Ourai no Gahkthun Anthology, Douglas Fairbanks:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Douglas_Fairbanks
(Copy his profile from here because I'm too lazy to search for original source as I haven't read Steampunk series yet)

Now, I want you guys to focus on 3 words: Akushinkage, Black Buddha, and Fu Manchu. What is their relationship with Demonbane Mythos as a whole?

1) Akushikage (悪心影 or アク・シン・カゲ in Japanese) is the name of the internation terrorist group that carries out assassination similar to the Ninjas, they worship the Black Buddha who resides in the Underground Demon World of K'n-yan. And here's the interesting part: Akushinkage is mentioned in BOTH Ourai no Gahkthun and the manga DYN Freaks. And guess the identity of the "Black Buddha" in question? That's right, Fu Manchu himself. This comes in full circle as Fu Manchu is also one of the characters in the latest installment of Demonbane Mythos, Zanma Taisen Demonbane. Not just some cameo or anything, but he will play a very important role in the Shanghai arc. K'n-yan is also mentioned in Zanma Taisen but let's not dig too much about it. Below is the glossary about Akushikage from DYN Memo - collection of setting materials for the manga DYN Freaks written by Jin Haganeya himself:

2) This is another interesting realization that it took me a while to connect the dots. So basically, in DYN Freaks, there's a brown-skinned guy who used the power of Type: Tindalos, he's one of the 13 Horrors aka Majins who are infected with the "Color" of Evil Gods:

i.imgur.com/4Dqn8tM.png

His name wasn't mentioned in the manga, however, it was revealed by Jin-sensei to be "Bronze" (青銅/ブロンズ). Bronze is the identity of one of the Ninja from the Akushinkage who attempted to assassinate Douglas Fairbanks. He appeared in the chapter "Wild Hunt" of Ourai no Gahkthun Anthology, the description is completely matched with the aforementioned dude in DYN Freaks. Or, tldr: same character.

And finally, we havee a short story where Bronze confronted Douglas himself, taken from the DYN Memo:

Ourai no Gahkthun Anthology is written by Jin Haganeya, characters from the novel have appeared and directly mentioned in Demonbane Mythos along with its settings and location, and the Fanzin book volume 1 has confirmed that Steampunk verse is a part of Demonbane universe. You can do the math.
Ah, so it's all about doubling back onto the connection or references DYN Freaks have in relation to Steampunk, and that of the chapter story Jin Hagenaya did for it for his chapter "What a Shining League".

Kinda surprised as I thought it would be something else new like maybe another commentary bit from Jin and Sakurai.

Anyways as someone who has the physical copy of the book, I will say that there IS an Akushinkage that exists, Fu Manchu is known as the Black Buddha and exists, Akushinkage (Sometime even referred to as K'un Lun or K'n-yan(?)) base of operations has been said to be in the Himelayan mountains according to various supplementary materials of Steampunk, and while I can't EXACTLY know for sure how canon this is, there is a Gahkthun doujinshi that has a short story about a few notable Ninja's from their group. Among the ones specifically named are "Ninja Gilmans", "He-Yufeng", "Dr. Fu Manchu", "Sessue Hayakawa", and "Bane" which is one of Bronze's monikers.

Interestingly enough (though I can't really get this uploaded onto Forums but I'll share it later cuz it's pretty late where I'm at rn), the doujin had some character art some of the mentioned characters, and one of them happen to look quite similar to the Bronze char in DYN Freaks AND in his portion of the short story, he has THIS exact passage:
「……貴様が〝今〟の《悪心影》か」
「そうだ、ダグラス。
 俺は命を奪う邪毒(ヴェノム)……」
「お前にとっての――《破滅(ベイン)》だ」

Again, the doujin I'm referring to (that I was shared with by a Steampunk fan a while back), I cannot confirm how canon it is exactly to Steampunk...but bits of info there in regards to Douglas relation to the Akushinkage looks to match up what you shared.

Also the short blurb you shared has some characters named like "Berta" and, probably butchering this somewhat, "Shadam Coco" who are also a thing who exist in the Anthology book for Gahkthun.

If the connection is solid and Steampunk is indeed part of the Demonbane verse, wouldn't that make Steampunk part of the Post-Nitropura Cosmology? Ya know, after Mugen recreated the Multiverse and Azana Hatsumi is the Azathoth.

The official name is "K'n-yan", it is based on the original Lovecraft work:
But yeah, the characters, the settings, location,... from What a Shining League are ALL mentioned and directly used in Demonbane Mythos. And both are written by the same author.
With the Fanzin book confirmed that Steampunk verse is officially a part of Demonbane Mythos, I say there's no reason for us not combining two verse pages into one.

The official name is "K'n-yan", it is based on the original Lovecraft work:
But yeah, the characters, the settings, location,... from What a Shining League are ALL mentioned and directly used in Demonbane Mythos. And both are written by the same author.
With the Fanzin book confirmed that Steampunk verse is officially a part of Demonbane Mythos, I say there's no reason for us not combining two verse pages into one.
OOOOOOOOOH...welp, I gotta go retranslate any mentions of the word there then lol

And pretty much. Steampunk may be Sakurai's work, but Jin DID take part in writing characters and whatnot for it through the Anthology book, something which Sakurai even references and has a few of said chars and stuff like Akushinkage mentioned in her own chapter she wrote.

If anything, I would say the Gahkthun Novel Anthology is the only collab work I can think of that had both authors (and others but who really counts them lol) to be involved in a work together like this.

OOOOOOOOOH...welp, I gotta go retranslate any mentions of the word there then lol

And pretty much. Steampunk may be Sakurai's work, but Jin DID take part in writing characters and whatnot for it through the Anthology book, something which Sakurai even references and has a few of said chars and stuff like Akushinkage mentioned in her own chapter she wrote.

If anything, I would say the Gahkthun Novel Anthology is the only collab work I can think of that had both authors (and others but who really counts them lol) to be involved in a work together like this.
The 2nd Demonbane Fanzin book has involvement from Sakurai as well, she did write the premise of the book.
So yes, can we finally accept Steampunk and Demonbane as one now?

Demonbane and Steampunk being canon to each other mean a Cosmology Blog here needs to be made along with an explanation of shared concepts/mechanics (eg. Magic in Demonbane is manipulating information, etc). I reckon every major WAB character will get smurf haxes and resistances with the Outer Gods AZTT, Yog-Sothoth, M and Edison hitting High 1-A.

Back