• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clock Crack Chrome Revision and Potential Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, everyone. Hope everyone is having fine days, if anything else.

Today, I am here to try and get a revision on this character: [Clock Crack Chrome]. Basically, it's in need of an update. A cleanup of sorts, but an update nonetheless. It's also an upgrade even, as this page was done using info that was from the original VN (visual novel) of Inganock and somewhat parts of its WN (web novel).

But here, that will change as there was a short story that expanded upon this character's stats and even abilities, which I have made through a revised version of their draft here.

Basically, I want to get them upgraded to High 7-C AP and MHS+ speed (although I personally have doubts on this) + giving them new abilities.

To better explain, here are some of the stuff Clock Crack Chrome has that has been missing with the short story information added that they possess:

High 7-C for Crack Chrome and his Kikai, if not at least his Kikai + resistance to high temperatures and death inducement for killing Critter Dragon.

This was something no one would have imagined.

A giant laying in the underground darkness. Nobody. No one.

How could anyone imagine Critter Dragon, feared as the city's greatest threat, had been unknowingly turned to a silent skeleton in the underground large engine depot where it resided. That was impossible. It was fully armored. It had an impenetrable information body. The body, which could not be swayed even by the Main guns of the Mobile Fortress that once raged in a Great War in a foreign distant land was invincible. It was something that human means could not overcome. That is the Critter. The Lords of Terror, those who were bounded in the depths of those who were distorted into fantasies. Dragon was the one who controlled those terrors as their only King.

Someone killed it. The laid-down body of the King. The ruins of the Red King. Its corpse.

That was it. But who, there was not an answer. No answer to it.

Even so, there were "two" who were in the bottommost tier of the Fantasy City of Inganock, underground in a large engine section where traces of the fierce Critter battle remained. They endured the stench of death lingering in the air, the high heat that was the embodiment of heat death still emanating from the Dragon's corpse, and the sooty air characteristic of the area around the underground large engine. Once inhaled into the lungs, everyone would die. No one, regardless of how much of a fantasy they were, could not withstand it without proper organs. Just a single intake was all it took to die.

And yet, "they" were "there", enduring the deadly heat and the atmosphere.

One was a man. The man was Crack Chrome.

The other was a shadow.

The only fairy tale left in a city that lost all other illusions.

They were steel figures of all colors.

Its name was Kikai.

A shadow of steel that was not human.

A blade of flame that crushed fantasies.

The only thing that can bring about "beautiful things" to the people in this city...

-Source, Golden G'harne Prologue

Extrasensory Perception and/or Enhanced Senses with "Left Eye"

"...Ah. It's alright, now."

The man called out to the "other one" behind him.

They were invisible to him. Only the touch of a small little hand to his cheek could he feel it. It was a white hand. Though it should have really been a steel hand of all colors, to the man it was closer to the truth in the city as a white hand. The hand of "she" who stood behind him. The right hand that reached out.

The man who sat amongst the countless debris of engine machinery filling the underground large engine depot calling himself Crack Chrome may have smiled a little. Just slightly, feeling the existence of "her" behind him. Even if he could not see her clearly. Even if his "Left Eye" that could see everything did not perceive her. His "Left Eye" was an Equation Eye, capable of perceiving all phenomena. It was certainly possible to perceive the debris of the underground large engine that lay asleep and the ruins of the Dragon that had become a skeleton in his surroundings, even memorize the elements that make up its structure. Yet he could not see them, the sole true figure of "her" behind him. Only with the feel of his "heart" could they be seen to him that she was human. It wasn't quite certain, but it was faint for him that the hand was of a pure white girl.

Smiling softly at "she" behind him, he closed his eyes once more. A small screen appeared on his eye, a bodily function that had been replaced with steel separate from his Equation Eye. The wounds he sustained from the fearsome Critter Dragon were far more than he could bear, even if he were made out of tough chrome. Had he been an ordinary person, he would have died many times over. It would take some time for him to reboot and get up.

It was clear that the battle was fierce. The aftermath of the unimaginative battle devasted the surrounding area. On top of the claws and fangs that wreaked havoc, parts of Dragon's surroundings were still bubbling from its "heat wave" ability to melt all matter. The iron was bubbling.

With his back against the black long sword propped up on the floor, feeling "she" behind him who should have been further away from the blade, he who had yet to see the clock, Crack Chrome, gently opened his eyes.

Abilities addition of Fire Manip, Ice Manip, and Telekinesis + Physics and Mathemathematics Manip

Crack Chrome. The Steel Equation User.

The Street Knight slaughtered many extremely dangerous Monsters, sometimes even Critters, working behind the scenes to secure and expand surviving areas for all humans with or without mutations. He was a man without peers. His Phenomena Equation was mainly fire, ice, and telekinesis. He can manipulate three types of offensive Equations said to be too much for the human brain to handle even if they were mutated, using them to destroy his targets. Thus, it was said that traces of his battle actions were an unbelievable scene.

Unbeknownst to many city dwellers, Chrome's battles were even more fierce after he had replaced almost all of his body but his brain with Crack Engines. He was a synthetic human who was still undergoing development as a prototype Upper Tier Soldier. With his right hand, he wielded a giant steel sword. In his left hand were any of the equations of his choosing, sometimes even using his hand to crush a Monster's head. If the distance was short, he would often crush their ribs and rip their heart out.

At times, he would kill the enemy by scorching them in flames.

At times, he would kill the enemy by smashing them apart in ice.

At times, he would kill the enemy by bending them with telekinesis.

-Source, Golden G'harne Part 4

MHS+ speed (Possibly an outlier, or maybe not) + Resistance to Body Puppetry for his Kikai.

666 invisible nerve cords of spiritual manipulation and physical manipulation closed in.

No human could evade it coming at the speed of lightning.

No one could evade the simultaneous embrace of the multi-arms.

However.

"I..."

"Will..."

"Save you..."

"Take it from me."

"What good is a brat who stands behind you and says nothing?"

The embrace simultaneously shoots out the 666 nerve cords onto the target.

The nerves of the whole body are instantly taken over at the speed of lightning.

With the power to pierce through even chrome steel armor.

However.

"...your voice. It has reached me.

You weren't fast enough. One second, no, two seconds."

He listened for it.

He heard it.

His "hearing", sensitized by the Phenomena Equation, comprehended the Critter!

Critter Marionette cannot be destroyed. Critters were always absolute, something that cannot be destroyed by humans. But yet, if something could destroy it, it was neither human nor a life. It simultaneously shredded all of the 666 nerve cords which infinitely diffused beyond 666 and continued to maintain its body. Yes, "he" was able to "hear" and comprehend all of the information.

"You are here right now."

Strangely, all of the 666 nerve cords turned into a spear of lightning in his right hand, turning towards the deformed humanoid Critter that was about to attack him.

Hand and hand, as though they were touching one another.

Hand and hand, as though it was what it yearned for.

However...

"She" that stands behind the swift "him" stretched out with her hand.

Shattering the deformed humanoid form.

With the giant clock face towering from behind it.

-Source, Golden G'harne Finale

Concerning the possible outlier bit, it's more due to the fact that Sekien no Inganock usually consists of characters with supersonic feats and statements. However, the reason I also note it might not be so is because this is a feat done by one of the top tiers of Inganock, someone who has, quite literally in the VN, the WN, AND the short story where they are the central character of its plot, have been noted as being the "strongest and fastest in the city" and no one has quite yet even speed blitz him either to my knowledge.. Although how that statement holds probably is contested by several other chars in Inganock that are also top tier too so...idk.

Edit: As for potential upgrade, this can mean quite a lot for the High tiers as well as the Top Tiers and God Tier of Inganock. Very few people will scale to Clock Crack Chrome through scaling from one another, of which about a handful will get the MHS+ scaling.

For the most part, getting Clock Crack Chrome updated is the main priority. For that, the TL;DR proposal is:
  • Make Crack Chrome High 7-C AP and give them MHS+ Speed
  • Give them extrasensory perception
  • Add in fire manip, ice manip, telekinesis, physics manip, and math manip
  • Resistance to heat manip and body puppetry
Tally:

Agree/Cool with it: 5 (@Mycroft_er, @RM97, @Celestial_Pegasus, @DarkDragonMedeus @Dereck03)

Disagree/Not on board:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
I don't mind it as much if CCC gets MHS or whatever, since he was disputed as such by many. And since this was him in his heyday as the Street Knight, he's pretty much at the prime of his life.

Even if he wasn't THE fastest per the main story events, not many would be able to keep up with him except the top and god tiers but I am curious about who would scale to MHS (granted, I got some idea but I want to hear this out too).

Looking at the feat now that i have some time it's kinda crazy, 666 cords coming at the speed of lightning is a blatant MHS+ feat, dodging all that honestly with visuals could give some insane results, but MHS+ as a lowball is good.

What i was going to argue was that Supersonic isn't really a limit in Inganock, it can get repetitive, every single kikai and critter have the statements of being so fast only the fastest characters like Ati, who are supersonic, could perhaps react to them, however it's clear there are gaps in speed.

Lets start off from the basics, Zahhak, the mass produced kikai can shoot electricity (Chapter 7). I found this which puts electricity at Mach 1.
Zahhak fired countless lances (Chapter 7) of electricity at Gii, which Gii calls slow (Chapter 7). This is how all Gii fights go, he dodges the initial attack, then gets hit by their warping off space, which comes after.

I believe Gii dodged the initial attack of countless lances of electricity, which obviously would be unquantifiably above mach 1, however Critter's and Kikai's spatial manipulation would still scale above their reaction/combat speed.

This same sort of thing happens; with Blood Tree it fired countless seeds (Chapter 3) at Gii, which apparently even supersonic characters (Chapter 3) like Ati would be hard pressed to dodge, and Gii cut down all of them in flight (Chapter 3)

Looking at all this Ati and co have consistent bullet dodging/supersonic feats and statements, every time they get brought up against kikai/critter, it's always in the context of maybe/perhaps they could dodge their attacks, and as i just showed each of it's attack would be supersonic, so i do think they could dodge some of it sure, but a countless number? That's where it's iffy for me, and why a perhaps being used in those statements makes sense.

Gii as i showed, has reacted to, and cut down countless supersonic attacks in flight, so he clearly is far above generic supersonic.

Again vs Johan, who also has the same statements everyone has about perhaps Ati level characters (Chapter 6) could dodge his attacks. Gii like usual calls him slow (Chapter 6), and Johan is shocked by Gii/Porshion's speed (Chapter 6).

Anyway again clearly Gii isn't generic supersonic.

Then there is Petrovna who knows literally everything (Chapter 10) about Inganock, including past events (Chapter 10), which obviously includes Clock, and she says there is no way a first nor middle stage kikai (Chapter 10) should be able to dodge her attacks like Evolved/Final Stage Porshion did.

Clock never finished climbing the stairway i assume? So at best had a middle stage kikai, so characters starting at Petrovna should scale, middle stage like Gii is kinda iffy, as while they clearly scale above supersonic/generic critter, nothing really proves they scale to Clock, so yea Petrovna, Gii, Kerkan, and then obviously Grimm=Grimm seeing as its attacks were too fast for Evolved Porshion to react to.

So for me it would look like this:

For low tiers:​

Supersonic, higher attack speed with Spatial Manipulation

For mid tiers:​

At least Supersonic, higher attack speed with Spatial Manipulation

For top tiers:​

Massively Hypersonic+, higher attack speed with Spatial Manipulation

So for me it would look like this:

At least Supersonic, higher attack speed with Spatial Manipulation

For top tiers:​

Makes sense to me.

Man, I am not getting any notifs on this. Really out of this place's ability to notify but, in any case!

Ah damn, electricity is a transonic speed feat, goddamn~

The fact Gii reacted to it and all, and with countless of them, yeah that's clearly supersonic to an unknown degree.

But yeah, for all of the others, it does make sense that perhaps they had the speed for it to dodge some or initially but a Critter/Kikai's attack to affect space would have caught them anyway. Supersonic IS a common thing, but it surely wasn't something they have to be at. Just what they're repeatedly shown for being at.

Petrovna knowing literally everything means she would have had to have been aware of even Clock's old days as the Street Knight/Crack Chrome/Steel Equation user whatever. So she'd know how strong and faster Critter and Kikai are, and even the Knights themselves like Crack Chrome so that checks out.

He may have did so or nearly reached there when Marionette was forcing his hand to kill Lemure but other than that, I would say no. Besides that, his Kikai is likely final stage too as it was moving with Crack Chrome to destroy Marionette's threads if you read the post again:

Critter Marionette cannot be destroyed. Critters were always absolute, something that cannot be destroyed by humans. But yet, if something could destroy it, it was neither human nor a life. It simultaneously shredded all of the 666 nerve cords which infinitely diffused beyond 666 and continued to maintain its body. Yes, "he" was able to "hear" and comprehend all of the information.

Keep in mind, at this moment, Marionette already launched her threads to try and control CC again, yet his Kikai was still able to react and destroy all of them.

That said though, Crack Chrome's still pretty fast. Faster than Gii and even Porshion in their Evolved/Final Stage. A (Clock) Crack Chrome whose way past his prime/days as the Street Knight and practically lost access to his Kikai per his WN story portion was described as having a "presence" that made him seem strong and fast, someone who was so fast that neither Gii nor Porshion really could have seen him "move" (Chapter 11?). Not exactly an explicit sort of feat considering I'm confused how this whole interaction went down, but it's worth bringing up. A more better comparison of Crack Chrome is reiterated again with the whole "even if you were this fast" niche meme during the final battle of Gii and Kerkan, with Crack Chrome being noted as amongst those who might be able to dodge Evoled Xerxes/Thoth's breath attack (Chapter 12, 3:39 onwards).

This tells us that Crack Chrome has remained as a top tier in terms of speed even years after his Street Knight days are long passed going off all of this.

If anything, I would only really scale the Top Tiers + God Tier (Grimm) to this sort of scaling, yeah.

Last edited:
Yea based on all that I think Clock, Thoth, and Evolved Porshion are probably around the same tier of speed.

It makes Petrovna scaling kinda iffy? Seeing as Clock is so fast, comparable to Evolved Porshion, who dodged her attack.

She was confident no first nor middle stage could dodge it, so Clock seems to be above that, I think only her spatial hax scales, as not even Evolved Porshion could dodge it.

Pretty much. Grimm also obviously scales since it basically speed blitzed Gii and Evolved Porsh before they could even get a single move out.

Petrova with much higher attack speed via spatial manip sounds okay enough. I would have think maybe possibly MHS could have worked since she's a fusion of herself (and her Kikai) and Blood Tree's main body but whichever works.

Dragon PROBABLY scales too since it's noted that CC still suffered damage from his fight with the Critter despite his speed but alas, we're not told in detail how that fight went down other than Dragon losing and Clock getting pretty beat up.

Edit: Point being, Clock, Evolved Porsh, and Evolved Xerxes (Thoth) are pretty much right around each other in speed by the looks of it.

Last edited:
If Dragon scales it's likely with its spatial hax, since that's basically how they work, being unavoidable.

And if Dragon scakes with spatial hax, I think Gii, Kerkan, Lemure and Blood Tree, should scale as well

So updating what i posted before:

At least Supersonic, Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with Spatial Manipulation

For top tiers and God tier:​

Now we just need some staff to evaluate the ability additions proposed for Clock in the op, and this speed scaling i just posted. I agree with the changes btw.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa @CrimsonStarFallen @Dereck03

I did a very minor clean up to the sandbox, discussed stuffs here sounds fine, but i'd rather use "Non-Combat Applicable NEP instead of limited because based on the profile there is no evidence of direct application in combat
They become nothingness, unable to interact with anything, and only observe events

I thought Limited already conveyed that, but I don't mind regardless.

A kikai's true form is nothingness, they can only be heard or seen by special people like Kia, and they just watch the events going in the city.

Limited in itself should be able to cover it + description, but it is better if the fact is made clear so that there is no misunderstanding, also limited is due to many conditions that are almost never directly related to applicable Non-Combat, so specifying is better.

Took me a whole day to get in cuz forum just crashed on me with the format of the place...

@Dereck03 Guess that's fine? I don't really come around here as often so I didn't check anything being edited all day either.

@Celestial_Pegasus That works.

So checking with the tally, I counted about four agree's including half (two) of those being of staff.

Guessing I gotta get another of staff or two before we put in the new update's in, I presume? DK how that works around here now tbqh.

That little?

That's surprisingly lenient around here.

I'll give it another day in case anyone wants to give their input on here.

@Dereck03 Oh ho, that's very skeet skeet in my book~
:danu~1:

Bro's waffling in another language.

Wew, really went a tad bit long out of this one lol.

I did the changes to the page. Hopefully this is okay enough at it is.

Technically it's not quite done in a different angle given the potential scaling this comes off from here as Celestial put it, but for the main thing, this thread's purpose is done so it can be concluded unless, of course, anything else needs to be said or brought to concern.

Apologies for the delay.

We don't do vague Stamina ratings like "High" anymore, he should be at least "Above Average" based off his Stamina description, from what I can see.

I see in the resistance section you have "kerkan has resistances to", just change that to clock and it's all good.

Don't forget to apply the revisions to the other characters.
Kinda already forgot to do that, or didn't but planned for a separate CRT but if you insist.

Going off your added proposal, can I assume the list goes like this:

For low tiers:

At least Supersonic, Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with Spatial Manipulation

For top tiers and God tier:​

The base scaling of the entry starts off with Ati and Upper Tier Soldiers, with Ati having consistently dodged bullets and I recalled UTS's being stated to match her speed.

Then we got the Low Tiers with space manip stuff so I assume those are Wendigo, Blood Tree (Seedling), Bandersnatch, Zahhak, and Johan/Oro?

Mid Tiers, I'm guessing we got Dragon, Stone Golem, Gii (First half of game/Early~Mid Stage Porshion), Blood Tree (Main Body), Kerkan (Xerxes/Pre Evolved), Lemure Lemure, and Petrovna?

Top's and God Tier, this should assuredly be Crack Chrome, Gii (Final Stage/Evolved Porshion), Kerkan (Evolved Xerxes/Thoth), and Grimm-Grimm, right?

Yup, that's all correct.

Though idk about Golem's spatial hax speed scaling, seeing as the scaling starts with Dragon, which is stronger than it.

Oh yeah...forgot about that.

Plus Stone Golem was also in like, what, Chapter 5? And that Gii had already also fought Blood Tree and would later Zahhak, so its attack speed shouldn't be any greater, hax or otherwise.

Yeah, they should be in low tier on the speed racket then.

Hmm. I think I got everyone else now from the new scaling list.

The justifications probably could do better work, but I at least got the base ground for it so aside from that, this should be all good and closed up right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back